goodoldnoname923

goodoldnoname923

Wanting to find peace
Mar 28, 2024
How does one deal with loneliness…i just feel emotionally drained with the negative and toxic energy i've dealt with over the past few weeks and i just wish i had more postive people or eviroments in my life

like i'm an extrovert and i feel so emotionally and mentally drained and i just don't have anyone to lit my fuse sorta speak so i'm just left feeling emotionally exhausted and depressed and miserable

• Hugs
Reactions: Joarga, soulkitty, Blue Elephant and 1 other person
pollux

pollux

Knight of Infinite Resignation
May 24, 2024
I don't think you really do; we just get used to it eventually.

Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2023
I'm sorry @goodoldnoname923 but I don't think you can deal with it or get used to it, ever. You can try to lessen it a little though. I read (a lot lately) and play story-based video-games (sometimes). Basically, since my story is sad, I'm trying to immerse myself in other stories.

Reactions: goodoldnoname923
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
Like Blue Elephant said, I try to fill the void with fiction/fictional characters. That could be considered bad advice, "chronically online"/"touch grass" and all that lol, but it has genuinely helped me feel better

• Hugs
Reactions: Blue Elephant
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2023
Like Blue Elephant said, I try to fill the void with fiction/fictional characters. That could be considered bad advice, "chronically online"/"touch grass" and all that lol, but it has genuinely helped me feel better
Why bad advice? I think the right books and the right games (sometimes played with the right people) are one of the best ways to grow, to become a better person.

fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
Why bad advice? I think the right books and the right games (sometimes played with the right people) are one of the best ways to grow, to become a better person.
Oh, definitely, I agree! But I know it's not seen as healthy to use fiction so much you become detached from reality/use it as a replacement for reality, that's what I meant to say.

Even if it can be bad to take it THAT far, for some people (like me) I think it's still better than the alternatives

Reactions: Blue Elephant
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2023
Oh, definitely, I agree! But I know it's not seen as healthy to use fiction so much you become detached from reality/use it as a replacement for reality, that's what I meant to say.

Even if it can be bad to take it THAT far, for some people (like me) I think it's still better than the alternatives
Right, but here's the thing: Do you think reality if real? Do you think the society cares? Almost everything around is a lie, almost everything is fiction. I'm not even calling it reality anymore, it's misleading. I just call it the physical realm.

The funny thing is that certain books contain more truth that what we see around us.

• Love
Reactions: fleetingnight