• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Y

yarv

Aug 25, 2023
Since over the past few days a few people have tried to reach me in regards to my use and knowledge of Kratom, I felt as though it could be beneficial for some for me to "go public".

Below is a brief overview of the substance as well as some benefits, negatives, and methods of consumption of kratom, if you are interested, I recommend doing further research, as I am not a doctor. It is important to note that this substance is fairly new to the west, so there is not a lot of studies regarding its efficacy or long term affects.

According to the DEA, Kratom is a plant from Southeast Asia, which produces a stimulant effect in low doses, as well as a sedative(similar to codeine) in high doses. Given that this drug is legal in most states of the US, it is fairly easy to find, and can be useful for a number of different things it has been my drug of choice for four years at this point, with it replacing a lot of medications. However, kratom can be very addictive, and while it does have benefits, like most nice things it has downsides as well.

There are many different strains of Kratom you will find, however I am fairly sure all of them are just a marketing gimmick, here are the important distinctions:
White: For energy, mostly a stimulant with some minor sedative effects
Red: A strong sedative.
Green: straight euphoria, a middle ground of red and white.
Yellow: Fermented Green, the fermentation usually strengthens the effects by a lot.

USES
Kratom is most notoriously used for those recovering from Opiate addiction, as a way to help mitigate withdrawal symptoms. It is also used as a way to treat depression and anxiety, suppress cough, as well as pain relief.
Me personally, I use it as a way to help treat my anxiety around food, which as an anorexic has been a godsend, however, one of the major withdrawal effects can be anorexia, so there is a push and a pull. I also used it as a way to replace drinking, as I will usually use it at parties and gatherings as a way to stay relatively sober.

Downsides:
Addictive as hell, withdrawals can be a nightmare, I recommend taking scheduled breaks to prevent this.
Constipation is a major problem I have with kratom, however it can be solved by taking stool softeners or magnesium.
Nausea is also a very common issue, however starting small and working your way up to higher doses can usually help this. It is also very important to not mix things (ESPECIALLY ALCHOHOL) with kratom, as while the LD50 is outrageously high, it is significantly lowered when other substances are taken along side it, which is usually responsible for most of the deaths surrounding it.

METHODS OF CONSUMPTION
Kratom is often supposed to be taken orally through a few ways:
Brewing into teas(my recipe below) or mixing with orange juice
Gel Capsules
Extracts(Not for beginners, I'm a frequent user and these still make me throw up)
Toss and wash(scooping dry powder into your mouth and washing it down with liquid, also not recommended for beginners, as it can get powder in your lungs)

In my experience, a standard dose of kratom is ~3 to 6 grams, and I recommend starting at the 3gs and working your way up gram by gram, a lot of people I have talked to about kratom usually report either not feeling anything, or getting violently sick, I promise you that you will know when you have taken enough, and overdoing it can and will make you miserable, so please tread carefully.

MY TEA RECIPE(No measurements, eye ball it lol)
Ingredients
Kratom strain of your choice(See effects charts above)
Tea bags
Water
Lemon juice(fresh, or pre-packaged)
Sweetener(flavored syrup, honey, agave, etc.)

Start out by measuring how much kratom you intend to take, a scale is recommended
Open up your tea bag and pour out the contents until there is about 1/4 of the tea left in the bag, this will help with the flavor
put your premeasured kratom in the bag with the tea
Place the bag in hot(NOT BOILING) water, boiled water destroys the active ingredient, thus hurting the efficacy
Let your tea steep for 5-30 minutes, it will take a while for all of the kratom to brew into the water, remove tea bag
And Lemon juice, citrus breaks down the active ingredient, therefore making it stronger
Add your sweetener
You are ready to go from here, however, I prefer my teas cold, and served over Ice, as I feel as though the flavor is better.

Other than that, this is a very brief overview of kratom, please feel to reach out if you have questions, there are also a lot of resources online as to where it is legal and where it isnt, as well as use cases, effects, etc. I highly recommend doing your own research,.

• Informative
Reactions: XdragonsoulX, psp3000, Placo and 3 others