wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Mage
Oct 14, 2023
If someone doesn't want to be vegan then you have to accept that. Trying to persuade to go onto that specific diet is kind of wrong.
I'm not here to try to force anyone who is already overwhelmed with suffering to change their diet, I've acknowledged there are barriers, like food deserts, or if someone is recovering from an eating disorder I can see why changing their diet to plant based during recovery could potentially be harmful
all I'm saying is that for people who *can* go plant based, I would say there is an obligation to do so. I don't agree that people's diets are "personal choices" because something is only a personal choice if that choice only affects you - but eating meat/animal products involves contributing towards animal suffering and slaughter, so it's not a personal choice when it involves others

again, I don't expect someone severely depressed and suicidal to start eating plant based if they feel that is going to make things worse and unmanageable for them

Reactions: ladylazarus4
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I'm not here to try to force anyone who is already overwhelmed with suffering to change their diet, I've acknowledged there are barriers, like food deserts, or if someone is recovering from an eating disorder I can see why changing their diet to plant based during recovery could potentially be harmful
all I'm saying is that for people who *can* go plant based, I would say there is an obligation to do so. I don't agree that people's diets are "personal choices" because something is only a personal choice if that choice only affects you - but eating meat/animal products involves contributing towards animal suffering and slaughter, so it's not a personal choice when it involves others

again, I don't expect someone severely depressed and suicidal to start eating plant based if they feel that is going to make things worse and unmanageable for them
It's still kind of disrespectful. Diets are, in some capacity, personal choices and those choices should be respected. If I'm being honest, I don't give a shit about animals being slaughter. Animals get killed all the time for the sake of being eaten. Me not eating meat anymore won't change shit (and don't me that hypothetical bs in response to this). This is why a lot of people view vegans in a negative light. Despite there being vegans who are respectful of other peoples choices, many do shit like this and, funnily enough, it actually turns people away from the diet as a whole.

Reactions: mrpeter
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Crayon eater
May 9, 2024

Most of us here are suicidal. Just let us eat what we want. Our lives are already hell.

Reactions: ladylazarus4 and EvisceratedJester
Downdraft

Downdraft

I've felt better ngl
Feb 6, 2024
If someone doesn't want to be vegan then you have to accept that. Trying to persuade to go onto that specific diet is kind of wrong.
I wouldn't mind at all if veganism didn't have its plethora of issues, the real problem is OP promoting an unhealthy ideology that does nothing for the animals.

Last edited:
Reactions: ladylazarus4 and Lady Laudanum
U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
i feel like i'm going crazy over this sometimes. people say theyre against animal abuse but eat meat with every meal. like just say you dont care unless its a cat or dog .. makes me lose hope in humanity
If we didn't eat meat, cows, pigs, lambs, etc., would be extinct.

wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Mage
Oct 14, 2023
we could then perhaps say that it is ok to breed humans for the purpose of eating them because otherwise they wouldn't have had the chance to live at all?

i think it's better for those animals to go extinct than to be bred into a life where they will likely suffer then be slaughtered against their will
I wouldn't mind at all if veganism didn't have its plethora of issues, the real problem is OP promoting an unhealthy ideology that does nothing for the animals.
I don't think there is a plethora of issues, I can show you a list of common objections and the responses if you're interested

Reactions: emptymiku
U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
Hey, I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just stating fact.

• Love
Reactions: wildflowers1996
wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Mage
Oct 14, 2023
Most of us here are suicidal. Just let us eat what we want. Our lives are already hell.
I'm realising this is perhaps not the best platform to be discussing this and it doesn't seem something people are open to, understandably, considering their state of mind
It's still kind of disrespectful. Diets are, in some capacity, personal choices and those choices should be respected. If I'm being honest, I don't give a shit about animals being slaughter. Animals get killed all the time for the sake of being eaten. Me not eating meat anymore won't change shit (and don't me that hypothetical bs in response to this). This is why a lot of people view vegans in a negative light. Despite there being vegans who are respectful of other peoples choices, many do shit like this and, funnily enough, it actually turns people away from the diet as a whole.
The last thing I want to do is push people away from veganism, I'm not trying to offend anyone or guilt trip, but I realise it is difficult to convey tone over these messages. It's hard for me to know exactly what might inspire people to go vegan, and it depends on the person too I think. Some people may respond to arguments like those I am making - they influenced me to change my own behaviour. I'll leave it here because as I say, I do not want to accidentally turn people *against* veganism, but anyone who wants to discuss it more is welcome to pm me

Last edited:
Reactions: undecided
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I just watched a video of a dog found tied to a railing ahead of the hurricane landing in Florida. I mean wtaf. What type of human does this, tie the poor soul down to its fate? Its bad enough that people keep 'pets' and don't actually see them as a sentient being, but abusing them!! Most people have have full agency, we have a responsibility to consider how we use that with souls we bring into our human lifestyle. Sure nature is full of predator and prey, but animals in human care are controlled and have little ability to act. We go way beyond what is humane to suit our own needs and lifestyles, and we justify their mistreatment. We don't even have the guts to lift up the stones and uncover the truth. It would cause us too much distress 🙄
This is just so sad.

U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
I'm realising this is perhaps not the best platform to be discussing this and it doesn't seem something people are open to, understandably, considering their state of mind

The last thing I want to do is push people away from veganism, I'm not trying to offend anyone or guilt trip, but I realise it is difficult to convey tone over these messages. It's hard for me to know exactly what might inspire people to go vegan, and it depends on the person too I think. Some people may respond to arguments like those I am making - they influenced me to change my own behaviour. I'll leave it here because as I say, I do not want to accidentally turn people *against* veganism, but anyone who wants to discuss it more is welcome to pm me
Sadly, I think you're on the wrong platform. Yes, most of us DO care about animals and are against the mistreatment of animals, but we're wrapped up in our own anguish and concentrating on ending that. I adore animals, I hate most humans... but I don't have the capacity to save myself, so how can I save animals, apart from donating to animal shelters? I donated today, actually, to a wonderful dog rescue. But that's all I can do.

• Love
Reactions: PhDone and wildflowers1996
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
I frankly don't understand this argument. What does it matter whether they go extinct (supposing that they would even go extinct, let alone that this would occur soon after widespread adoption) when they live lives of extreme suffering?

mrpeter

mrpeter

Experienced
Jun 11, 2024
People also say that they are against child labour yet they buy and consume goods made from it. Being vegan isn't going to cause animal abuse to go away. It won't really do anything. Trying to decrease the amount of animal abuse that goes on in places, such as the meat industry, requires actual political action.
nothing will happen unless its a legal action people complaining about it being wrong doesn't change anything
animals should be euthanized instead of slaughtered imo
i feel like i'm going crazy over this sometimes. people say theyre against animal abuse but eat meat with every meal. like just say you dont care unless its a cat or dog .. makes me lose hope in humanity
its dead already idgaf you can't hurt something thats dead its already been turned to food it could be human meat and id eat it someone else is going to eat it anyway

Reactions: EvisceratedJester
uk_buscatcher_522

uk_buscatcher_522

Sep 2, 2024
Have you seen animals ripping each other's body parts and eating them WHILE the animal is alive?

It's the nature. Saying it's evil is the same as saying the whole nature is bad.
Maybe we should bite this bullet. Non-existence is probably preferable to the life (including the horrific death) of a wild animal - and they have no agency of themselves to change their situation. While obviously ecological considerations complicate things, more wild animals existing in the world is probably a bad thing.

U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
I frankly don't understand this argument. What does it matter whether they go extinct (supposing that they would even go extinct, let alone that this would occur soon after widespread adoption) when they live lives of extreme suffering?
They would go extinct because their only reason for being alive is to eventually be eaten by humans. If we stop eating animals, they will be worthless and will cease to be.

mrpeter

mrpeter

Experienced
Jun 11, 2024
The nature of animals is very impactful. It has always been the case that we humans have ended up at the top of the pyramid, fighting for it. To survive and feed ourselves.

Today there are ethical issues in raising animals for food production, euthanasia of animals and this responsibility of not causing suffering is increasing.

But there is still a lot of gratuitous cruelty to animals due to the simple badness of people.

And for this we also need policies that combat this evil.

In my opinion..
there are already laws in place to prevent animal suffering but the laws should be stricter
we could then perhaps say that it is ok to breed humans for the purpose of eating them because otherwise they wouldn't have had the chance to live at all?

i think it's better for those animals to go extinct than to be bred into a life where they will likely suffer then be slaughtered against their will

I don't think there is a plethora of issues, I can show you a list of common objections and the responses if you're interested
as long as human meat taste good i'm perfectly ok with it

Last edited:
Reactions: hereornot
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
They would go extinct because their only reason for being alive is to eventually be eaten by humans. If we stop eating animals, they will be worthless and will cease to be.
Again, assuming this was the case, this is a problem why?

cicatrezESP

cicatrezESP

in the time of the sixth sun
Oct 6, 2024
it makes me feel despair too. humans are extremely sickeningly cruel to animals. i think the reason why that it happens to animals so severely is because animals don't have the "voice" to stand up for themselves. they can scream, and be tortured, and most people will look the other way. it's so terrible, it's one of the things that brings me never-ending despair. animals don't deserve the crap that they have to suffer through at the hands of humans, it makes me sick all of the time

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: PhDone, undecided, wildflowers1996 and 1 other person
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
as long as human meat taste good i'm perfectly ok with it
Human meat is the best. It tastes so good. It ranks only second to the delectable mouthwatering taste of pikachu meat.

Reactions: mrpeter
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
Because it's the truth! If we don't eat animals, they will become extinct. I don't agree with it, I love animals, but it's fact.
This is true, unless of course some species were deliberately preserved. However, I'm still not sure what relevance this has to the question at hand, which is why the general populace seems to be largely indifferent toward or even actively condone abhorrent practices such as factory farming.

Reactions: undecided
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
animals should farm humans as revenge for all the abuse they've endured
Honestly, I can get behind that. Dare I say, I'm kinda rooting for them.

• Yay!
Reactions: PhDone and mrpeter