serah

serah

Student
May 6, 2020
god it's really getting to me. it's been several months of trying to apply and find jobs. i've had friends with less experience than me find jobs. if i do manage to get a call back and go to the interview I get told I will receive a call and never end up getting called for the position. i've had two employers tell me i'm hired, yet never reach out to me to finish the applications after telling me to wait for them. i feel fucking pathetic. why is it so fucking hard for me to do such a basic human thing as going to an interview, not fucking it up, and getting a job. my therapist tells me to not take it personally but when i see friends getting hired at places i couldn't even get a call back (both of us having no exp) just fucking crushes me. i'm aware i'm not the most sociable or have the greatest personality due to my social anxiety but fuck how hard is it to find a job at a minimum wage fast food place. i cant even imagine how its going to be when i graduate and have to try to find something in the tech field. i just feel so fucking pathetic every single day. i hate this. i hate myself so fucking much i just want to ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: cgrtt.brns, The anhedonic one, whatevs and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Not having success although putting work and time into sth can be so tiring. I can understand your frustration very well. I wish you all the best.

• Love
Reactions: The anhedonic one and serah
90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
god it's really getting to me. it's been several months of trying to apply and find jobs. i've had friends with less experience than me find jobs. if i do manage to get a call back and go to the interview I get told I will receive a call and never end up getting called for the position. i've had two employers tell me i'm hired, yet never reach out to me to finish the applications after telling me to wait for them. i feel fucking pathetic. why is it so fucking hard for me to do such a basic human thing as going to an interview, not fucking it up, and getting a job. my therapist tells me to not take it personally but when i see friends getting hired at places i couldn't even get a call back (both of us having no exp) just fucking crushes me. i'm aware i'm not the most sociable or have the greatest personality due to my social anxiety but fuck how hard is it to find a job at a minimum wage fast food place. i cant even imagine how its going to be when i graduate and have to try to find something in the tech field. i just feel so fucking pathetic every single day. i hate this. i hate myself so fucking much i just want to ctb.
im sorry to read of your struggle serah :(

can i ask - what professions are you applying for? is it possible to apply for a job that doesn't require an interview?

i can relate to how you're feeling, that's why i applied for a job that didn't require an interview - my employer only sat me down to take personal details, like my mobile number and address.

im sorry if this isn't an option for you - but i hope i can help :)

Reactions: The anhedonic one
Jezzibell

Jezzibell

On my way out. Yayyyyy
Apr 21, 2023
Seriously, its not you. For a start recruitment companies should be regulated. They really don't care - never follow up. These managers are not the type of person you want to work for. If they cannot keep a promise on a phone call, imagine how untrustworthy they will be.

Looking for a job is soul destroying and we always think it's a failure on our part. It is not. Its also a sign of the times post covid when there are many available applicants.

I don't interview well. I can never remember what I should be saying. Plus my age counts against me.

What country are you in? I have worked for 3 different companies at home. This is so much easier if you suffer from anxiety. Also you can choose how many hours you can work and at what time

Anywhere Works - UK USA and others
This is usa website

Arise
Again global

Don't let these cretins crush your self esteem. Xxxxxx

• Informative
Reactions: cgrtt.brns and The anhedonic one
serah

serah

Student
May 6, 2020
im sorry to read of your struggle serah :(

can i ask - what professions are you applying for? is it possible to apply for a job that doesn't require an interview?

i can relate to how you're feeling, that's why i applied for a job that didn't require an interview - my employer only sat me down to take personal details, like my mobile number and address.

im sorry if this isn't an option for you - but i hope i can help :)
the most basic low-level exp jobs available. gas stations, fast food places, any and all kinds of stores. i've applied for part time/full time even seasonal positions but no luck. a job without an interview seems wonderful but i havent had much luck finding any that don't require.
Seriously, its not you. For a start recruitment companies should be regulated. They really don't care - never follow up. These managers are not the type of person you want to work for. If they cannot keep a promise on a phone call, imagine how untrustworthy they will be.

Looking for a job is soul destroying and we always think it's a failure on our part. It is not. Its also a sign of the times post covid when there are many available applicants.

I don't interview well. I can never remember what I should be saying. Plus my age counts against me.

What country are you in? I have worked for 3 different companies at home. This is so much easier if you suffer from anxiety. Also you can choose how many hours you can work and at what time

Anywhere Works - UK USA and others
This is usa website

Arise
Again global

Don't let these cretins crush your self esteem. Xxxxxx
tysm! im in the u.s and yes i've actually worked a similar wfh position that unfortunately ended around covid time. i appreciate the links ill look into it!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 90starve and Jezzibell
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I seriously doubt that any of this is your fault.
Please don't be too hard on yourself.
The world of work is a brutal place.
Many of the people in charge are souless, and not very good at their jobs when it comes to interviewing and hiring people.
So sorry you are going through this.

• Love
Reactions: serah, whatevs and Jezzibell
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Speaking of tech, I became a programmer and even in that socially stunted field, I'm afraid to tell you that you will be trampled on by other males (that has been my experience) when you do get a job. Social anxiety and low self esteem are a dangerous curse whereby you are always diminished and restrained, and competing or bantering tends to go wrong. I have to agree that the employers are picking up that theres something wrong with you, they always do unless you mask up well. It's a tricky situation to be a social pariah that harbors resentmen or self loathing but has to pretend otherwise in the absolute jungle of society. It is ruthless out there, there's a reason why 70% of the homeless population are men.

• Love
Reactions: serah and The anhedonic one