L

Lanternlight

Experienced
Jan 23, 2019
Has anyone tried jumping off a cliff? And just not been able to do it at the last minute?
I stare at the ocean and the rocks and want to do it but then just can't take that last jump.
The saddest and weirdest thing is where I live there are lots of cliffs and sadly teenagers seem to constantly be in the media succeeding in doing it :(.
I just wish I could! Is it because I am middle aged and thinking about it too much?!
I dunno!

Reactions: Otto, Feline, Deleted member 4993 and 5 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
Has anyone tried jumping off a cliff? And just not been able to do it at the last minute?
I stare at the ocean and the rocks and want to do it but then just can't take that last jump.
The saddest and weirdest thing is where I live there are lots of cliffs and sadly teenagers seem to constantly be in the media succeeding in doing it :(.
I just wish I could! Is it because I am middle aged and thinking about it too much?!
I dunno!
I didn't even make it to the bridge. It was too dark and lonely. Didn't want to die alone

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, therhydler, 21Neberg and 4 others
L

Lanternlight

Experienced
Jan 23, 2019
I didn't even make it to the bridge. It was too dark and lonely. Didn't want to die alone
Did you drive to the bridge with the intention of jumping but then found it too dark and lonely?

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, therhydler, 21Neberg and 2 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
Did you drive to the bridge with the intention of jumping but then found it too dark and lonely?
More like it was a rehearsal. To get comfortable with the area. A few days before I planned to go

Reactions: Feline, Deleted member 4993, therhydler and 3 others
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
I dunno!
Don't beat yourself up.
A lot of people including me feel the same way.

In my town there's a bridge. I could've jumped but it's hard. A couple of months ago there was a 15 year old girl that jumped and died there.
I've been feeling like this for a couple of years now and I honestly don't know what to say.

These days I can't even make it to the bridge...

Perhaps we need another method?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, therhydler, 21Neberg and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I think it is your survival instinct and also part of your inhibitions kicking in, preventing you from taking that step. Mostly the former, but the latter as well too. As for why teenagers are able to do so, it has more to do with their impulsivity and invincibility mentality, coupled with puberty and raging hormones, thus allowing them to act first think later.

Reactions: goxua, Feline, Deleted member 4993 and 4 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I think it is your survival instinct and also part of your inhibitions kicking in, preventing you from taking that step. Mostly the former, but the latter as well too. As for why teenagers are able to do so, it has more to do with their impulsivity and invincibility mentality, coupled with puberty and raging hormones, thus allowing them to act first think later.

That's an insight I had never thought of before, but it makes a lot of sense. Thank you!

Reactions: therhydler
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
As others have said, don't beat yourself up over it. What can you do about it though? Well, you could try to use alcohol or trick your mind by telling yourself that you'll jump at 0, then count down from 5 to 0 and jump at 2. If that makes sense.

Reactions: Feline, Deleted member 4993 and therhydler
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Redt2go and therhydler
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I dunno!

I think everyone has different things that they can and can't cope with the thought of - if that makes any sense? Even in death there are different levels of what we can do. I think also there gets a stage where a level of weird 'detachment' is reached. X

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Lanternlight and therhydler