• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

justfloating

justfloating

Student
Feb 13, 2020
im thinking about jumping in the thames from the Southbank bridge. Im not sure if this is a good choice, drowning is a fear of mine. Does anyone know anything about cold water shock, like would it make me unconscious.

Reactions: throwaway123
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
im thinking about jumping in the thames from the Southbank bridge. Im not sure if this is a good choice, drowning is a fear of mine. Does anyone know anything about cold water shock, like would it make me unconscious.

@skmateboard, I'm sorry you're contemplating such things. If drowning is something you have an aversion to, I don't think you can count on being knocked out by cold water. I know people want different things from our deaths but wouldn't it be better to choose a method that isn't quite as frightening?

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Pinkdonut

Pinkdonut

Keep the sunshine, save me the rain
Jan 12, 2020
There are a lot of news articles about people jumping into the Thames.. it was a thought of mine last week.. a bit of alcohol and then southbank bridge at night.. the problem is, from most of the articles I have read, although a lot have people have died, a few people have also jumped in to save said person and consequently died too.. and although I'd be dead so would have no conscious after the fact.. I worry that some poor soul who wants to live would "play hero" and subsequently lose said life

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger, autumnal, justfloating and 5 others
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020

Is it not one of the most-surveilled rivers in one of the busiest cities in the world? Just thinking there are probably others with much less chance of rescue, correct me if I'm wrong.

Pinkdonut

Pinkdonut

Jan 12, 2020
Is it not one of the most-surveilled rivers in one of the busiest cities in the world? Just thinking there are probably others with much less chance of rescue, correct me if I'm wrong.
In terms of people around it's always busy, night or day, but you'd have to be looking really suspicious for someone to approach you. Of course someone is going to see you jump in and then you'll have 20/30 people standing around with their cameras filming.. oh what a wonderful world

Reactions: charlottewilts and autumnal
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
London Bridge I think is the highest bridge you can jump from. As a method, I've thought about it,but I don't know what to say about it.
It's not my choice of method.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
In terms of people around it's always busy, night or day, but you'd have to be looking really suspicious for someone to approach you. Of course someone is going to see you jump in and then you'll have 20/30 people standing around with their cameras filming.. oh what a wonderful world

And presumably the response time from the water police would be fairly quick.

Reactions: Pinkdonut
Pinkdonut

Pinkdonut

Jan 12, 2020
And presumably the response time from the water police would be fairly quick.
Apparently there are anti suicide cameras.. I have little information about how they work but I imagine there watched in real time.. I mean the bridges in London are not massive so it wouldn't be a hard job for someone to detect at the time or beforehand if someone looked like they were to jump

Reactions: autumnal
Pol

Pol

Student
Jan 24, 2020
why choose a river with lots of people nearby? even at night, someone might still see you and call emergency services.
you might want to pick somewhere no one's around (not even surveillance cams or patrols).
then again, why a river? wouldn't hitting solid ground be more effective. (just my opinion)

Reactions: autumnal
Lost_the_will2_live

Lost_the_will2_live

11:11
Feb 25, 2020
Plenty people die in the Thames. Some bodies are not recovered so you need to think about that for the people you leave behind. As for being saved......depends on time and water currents. I can't see everyone being spotted jumping. In my town we have the biggest and highest bridge in Scotland with bridge cameras all along yet there's still suicides weekly! Also depending on height hitting the water will be like hitting concrete and that should kill you or at least knock you out! Don't know how high the bridge is your talking about though...

throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
fellow jumper here. be careful out there man, jumping is not as easy as you think it is. ive been there a hundred times and never got the courage to go.
why choose a river with lots of people nearby? even at night, someone might still see you and call emergency services.
you might want to pick somewhere no one's around (not even surveillance cams or patrols).
then again, why a river? wouldn't hitting solid ground be more effective. (just my opinion)
because sometimes you have no other option. i know a bridge nearby with shit tons of people nearby but i just dont have any other option. i could do trains but there are also tons of people there as well. so im fucked either way.

MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
I think the only way to do it would be no hesitation and jump, too many cameras, the security in London is high..

Reactions: Sunset764 and autumnal
Pinkdonut

Pinkdonut

Jan 12, 2020
Yeah the brisf
Plenty people die in the Thames. Some bodies are not recovered so you need to think about that for the people you leave behind. As for being saved......depends on time and water currents. I can't see everyone being spotted jumping. In my town we have the biggest and highest bridge in Scotland with bridge cameras all along yet there's still suicides weekly! Also depending on height hitting the water will be like hitting concrete and that should kill you or at least knock you out! Don't know how high the bridge is your talking about though...
The bridges are not crazy high. There was a terror attack last year I believe where a car ran over pedestrians and a lady was knocked into the Thames and survived. So I'm guessing suicide in the Thames would depend on not being seen at all.

justfloating

justfloating

Student
Feb 13, 2020
By the looks of this, this sounds like a pretty sound method then. I won't necessarily CTB but if I do I think I will do this. It'll be a bit traumatising for the people who see it but I don't think too much. I'd just have to pray there are no good samaritans that jump in after me, if I were to live and them to die would be absolutely horrible, or for us to both die would just be tragic.

Other than that im a reasonable swimmer so I feel like I would pass out from the cold and then drown, and im fine with that. Jumping would be the hard part but even with SI I don't think id have much chance unless the lifeboats were coincidentally quick.

raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
I remember jumping from a 2/3ft ledge into the sea for a dare when I was younger, I was drunk. It took my breath away instantly (this was in the winter)
I assume jumping from a high height would take your breath and knock you unconscious immediately.

• Wow
Reactions: Sunset764 and Lost_the_will2_live
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
My Aunt jumped from Tower Bridge 5 years ago there was nothing in the news which I found strange.Tower Bridge, London Bridge, Blackfriars Bridge all have volunteers patrolling it for people who want to jump.