illbeinthegarage

illbeinthegarage

funs fun but who needs it
Jun 14, 2020
to the point i can't leave the house anymore because looking at people knowing everyone is so much prettier and just better than me in general is unbearable

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: robotomy, coppervomit, amygdala and 24 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Struggles with feelings of inadequacy are very real, they can be extremely intense, and many people don't realise this. I'm the same but in other aspects. Some people really ruminate about it and it sends them into a state of deep despair. I have felt myself balancing on the edge almost falling into that state. My sympathies to you.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Élégie, Huntfish34 and 8 others
greekyfish10

greekyfish10

i’m kinda screwed in the head but aren’t we all
Aug 1, 2020
i completely understand this. my entire life has been spent feeling jealous of other people and literally obsessing over it. i can't stand the fact that it seems as if all of these people have it so good and they're attractive and they're happy and they're talented and it hurts me because i know i am none of those things. it's an awful feeling and it just consumes you. i feel you though. but i guess some advice would be the ol' cliche, "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence." it looks as if everybody's got it good but in reality everybody's struggling with something. some people are just better at hiding it than others.

• Love
Reactions: Homecoming, Deleted member 4993, Élégie and 4 others
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Not what I was expecting. I'm jealous of everyone who gets to depart this world. What makes you think people are doing well?

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, CarbonMonoxide, almost_dead and 1 other person
Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
Idk how old you are but "prettier" is subjective and in any case doesn't mean anything.

Mental & physical robustness to be able to survive life till natural death is key to survival.

• Love
Reactions: raindrops and Huntfish34
RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
I think everything in this life beautiful. I've never met a person that I thought was 'ugly'. I find ugly, beautiful.

There are so many things you can say about life. Life is shitty, hard, cruel, whatever. But you cannot deny life is beautiful.

My favorite example, is 'Yolandi', from the African rap group 'Die Antwoord'

. A 1113652 1588003075 9571

She's ugly as fuck, but damn she's beautiful.

To me, ugly is beautiful.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Ghost2211 and Superdeterminist
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I think everything in this life beautiful. I've never met a person that I thought was 'ugly'. I find ugly, beautiful.

There are so many things you can say about life. Life is shitty, hard, cruel, whatever. But you cannot deny life is beautiful.

. View attachment 43203

I wouldn't call her ugly at all.

Reactions: robotomy, Homecoming, Deleted member 4993 and 3 others
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019

. View attachment 43203

She's not ugly. She's feminine and have small features. She's just albino
Exactly! Everything is beautiful.
Strongly disagree

Reactions: Meditation guide, Élégie, Huntfish34 and 3 others
S

Smudgedlines

I like wine.
Jan 23, 2020
The most beautiful person in the world can be ugly from the inside.
I've struggled with inadequacy my whole life about my looks hair weight ability at work... as a mother. We are surrounded by photoshopped fake beauty, unimaginable bodies, flawless skin, I feel for younger people these days.
As I approach 50 I couldn't give less of a fuck if I tried.
Ps... the lady above is not ugly. She's elf like. Stunning. And real.

Reactions: Élégie, Huntfish34, Morphosis and 2 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I feel this but not about my appearance (although I have terrible self esteem and hate myself). I feel jealousy seeing happy couples and families. I have severe anxiety and phobias about going out but seeing happy people makes me so sad I don't watch tv anymore... pathetic I know but it's disheartening for me so I avoid it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Élégie, Huntfish34 and 3 others
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
The most beautiful person in the world can be ugly from the inside.
I've struggled with inadequacy my whole life about my looks hair weight ability at work... as a mother. We are surrounded by photoshopped fake beauty, unimaginable bodies, flawless skin, I feel for younger people these days.
As I approach 50 I couldn't give less of a fuck if I tried.
Ps... the lady above is not ugly. She's elf like. Stunning. And real.
This is something I think about a lot, the politicians moan on about fake news, but to me the bigger problem is fake reality.

People work by comparing things (it's why comparison sites work so well), and that includes themselves. If they spend all day watching fake instagram influencers with their airbrushed photos talking about their amazing life (that they probably don't have) and thinking "I wish that was me - why can't I have that? They have no more talent than me, and I'm stuck here in a crap minimum wage job I hate, can't pay the bills, etc"

So in the end they spend all of their time being miserable at the difference between what they wish they had and what they actually have, and just get more and more depressed and feel more and more worthless and desperate.

Social media is the work of the devil.

Reactions: Élégie, Huntfish34 and Smudgedlines
S

Smudgedlines

I like wine.
Jan 23, 2020
This is something I think about a lot, the politicians moan on about fake news, but to me the bigger problem is fake reality.

People work by comparing things (it's why comparison sites work so well), and that includes themselves. If they spend all day watching fake instagram influencers with their airbrushed photos talking about their amazing life (that they probably don't have) and thinking "I wish that was me - why can't I have that? They have no more talent than me, and I'm stuck here in a crap minimum wage job I hate, can't pay the bills, etc"

So in the end they spend all of their time being miserable at the difference between what they wish they had and what they actually have, and just get more and more depressed and feel more and more worthless and desperate.

Social media is the work of the devil.

If I was coming to an age where I was starting a family now... I wouldn't bother.
Its a fake world with fake money, aspirations, looks, bodies, success... where a measure of your worth is added up by likes from strangers on their phones.
Utter crap. Kill me now lol

Reactions: Élégie, Huntfish34 and TheQ22
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Its a fake world with fake money, aspirations, looks, bodies, success... where a measure of your worth is added up by likes from strangers on their phones.
Why not live your own life your own way? Think for yourself about how you want your life to be.

That goes for the original poster too. It sounds like you are letting what other people think influence you too much. Why care what others think? People are stupid, don't worry about them.

Reactions: Homecoming, Deleted member 4993 and Huntfish34
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
to the point i can't leave the house anymore because looking at people knowing everyone is so much prettier and just better than me in general is unbearable
I never take selfies for social media. My partner, ex partner I don't know what to call him we speak all the time and things are going well so I'm hopeful for us.
He met a girl from Poland 2/3 weeks after he left me... she takes all these "perfect" selfies, posing all cute and pretty is her thing on fb and insta.
Every time I look at her I get this sick feeling in my stomach... taking selfies worries me even more now, I'm not good enough. I also hate the Polish with a passion now. Despise them so fucking much.

Reactions: Huntfish34 and TheQ22
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
If I was coming to an age where I was starting a family now... I wouldn't bother.
Utter crap. Kill me now lol
Yeah people live in a fake world (facebook etc), trying to get fake likes off fake friends, and if they don't get them they feel like crap in real life.

I mean seriosuly, who the hell has 7000 real friends? or even 700. Or even 70 come to that. 7 would be pushing it to have any real meaningful connection. There just isn't enough time for any more than that.

Reactions: Élégie, Huntfish34 and raindrops
S

Smudgedlines

I like wine.
Jan 23, 2020
Why not live your own life your own way? Think for yourself about how you want your life to be.

That goes for the original poster too. It sounds like you are letting what other people think influence you too much. Why care what others think? People are stupid, don't worry about them.

I do. I don't care anymore. As I've reached my more "mature" lol years I couldn't care less. But I do worry about my kids and others.

Reactions: Huntfish34 and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Every time I look at her I get this sick feeling in my stomach... taking selfies worries me even more now, I'm not good enough.
He's probably not all that himself, but love is blind.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34
shadow7891

shadow7891

Aug 17, 2020
I'm not jealous, I just hate how I've been through so much shit and how my life is still messed up, and I can never get a break or have luck in anything; money, career, love, looks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Élégie and Huntfish34
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I didn't feel envy for other's material or appearance, I felt envy over their stable upbringings and favorable circumstances. That their parents had made so many good choices on their behalf that they would benefit from for a lifetime.

I only wanted what I was entitled to, nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Meditation guide, Homecoming and 2 others
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
IKR!
Why we have to suffer???
It is not fair.
I realised the other day that good looks connects you with people. Character is not as importsnt as looks. If you look good people will accept you. It is how it is.

So glad I see this.
I have this envy inside that eats myself from inside out. When some people have it easier. Have it better.
Is just a lottery of looks, and we are the losers.
I cannot accept that. It is unfair.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Élégie, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I feel jealous of those born without a disability.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, Homecoming, Élégie and 1 other person
A Retarded Demon

A Retarded Demon

Gib Pancakes Plz
Jul 9, 2020

Good way to think about it is to realise most of these people rely on their looks. Whilst you I and anyone that feels the same have to work hard and achieve our successes in life. Focus on gaining a few skills and you'll be a thousand times more beautiful than they are.

Plus I tend to notice most people that are attractive on the outside are superficial and weak willed on the inside.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993