D

Doctors HATE them

She/they
Nov 16, 2022
Ever since I was a young kid (less than 10), I've seen life as a chore. Whenever I didn't get things my way I'd cry and say that I was gonna kill myself. It's kind of amazing how my parents didn't care and thought I was just spoiled and rude. I remember one time my dad and I were talking about how life goes faster as you get older and I told him that I wish it was always fast so I could die sooner. Again he didn't care. When I ctb it's gonna feel so good knowing that I hurt them.

Reactions: ryo the frog
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Personally, I don't plan to CTB in order to exact pain on any other person. I need to die only for me. It's a personal choice regarding me and ONLY me. Of course, YMMV.

D

Doctors HATE them

She/they
Nov 16, 2022
Personally, I don't plan to CTB in order to exact pain on any other person. I need to die only for me. It's a personal choice regarding me and ONLY me. Of course, YMMV.
Yeah I'm doing it for myself too. Hurting them is really more of a bonus.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I've also never really seen life as being beneficial or valuable in any way. I mean how could something so useless and unnecessary as life ever be valuable, in fact it's the exact opposite to me.
I see it as being a curse and a burden how life is even a thing in the first place and how we have the ability to be aware of all this, existing is certainly a very tedious thing that I've wanted nothing to do with at all. But those people really do sound so insensitive and self centred, it's certainly true that humans cause so much of the suffering that continues to exist in this world. I hope that you find the freedom that you wish for.

• Love
Reactions: Illegal Preclear
Illegal Preclear

Illegal Preclear

The CEO of CTB
Sep 6, 2022
I see it more as Sentience being the worthless curse, as opposed to life in general. If you were born into literally ANY other lifeform - raccoon, bird, fish, cockroach, amoeba, anything - you would be born with a purpose. No pointless meandering about "what do I do with myself?", you'd instinctively know. You'd never know what it's like to look in a mirror and hate what you see. You'd never have to know the slow death of this planet accelerates every day and we could end the people destroying it even easier than ending ourselves - but humanity as a group chooses not to. Humanity serves no purpose.

Remember this - if all humans dropped dead tomorrow, not only would it effect nothing - it would be a net benefit for this planet. However, if all insect life were to drop dead - all other lifeforms on Earth would cease to exist within years. Objectively, even insect life is exponentially more valuable than human life. If there is a God: It truly makes you wonder if we were the children he chose. Should have gone with the cockroaches.

Reactions: Pisceslilith, Citruscine, soapfix and 1 other person
D

Doctors HATE them

She/they
Nov 16, 2022
I see it more as Sentience being the worthless curse, as opposed to life in general. If you were born into literally ANY other lifeform - raccoon, bird, fish, cockroach, amoeba, anything - you would be born with a purpose. No pointless meandering about "what do I do with myself?", you'd instinctively know. You'd never know what it's like to look in a mirror and hate what you see. You'd never have to know the slow death of this planet accelerates every day and we could end the people destroying it even easier than ending ourselves - but humanity as a group chooses not to. Humanity serves no purpose.

Remember this - if all humans dropped dead tomorrow, not only would it effect nothing - it would be a net benefit for this planet. However, if all insect life were to drop dead - all other lifeforms on Earth would cease to exist within years. Objectively, even insect life is exponentially more valuable than human life. If there is a God: It truly makes you wonder if we were the children he chose. Should have gone with the cockroaches.
I have to disagree with your first point here. Even if you were born as another animal, you'd still likely be capable of feeling pain. And lots of animals especially mammals have emotions. Although they might not hate themselves they might be even worse off. If we have a bad life we can recognize it and hopefully ctb, but animals are doomed to keep going.

Also if humans were to suddenly disappear, I have zero doubt that we'd get replaced in a couple ten thousand years. A society of apes might be even worse off than us. They may evolve to be just like us, but more violent. I don't think wiping ourselves out is the best option. I think the best thing we can do is keep advancing until we have the technology to either blow up the sun (so that way this entire area of space becomes uninhabitable and we can spare potential sentient animals from being born) or we could make a machine that just pumps whatever creature is plugged into it with happiness.

To me, happiness is the only good and unhappiness and it's different forms are the only bad. So if we could just keep pushing a little longer and make that machine and then also find a way to mass produce them and plug in as many people and animals as possible, then I think that'd be good. Although this is easier said than done and blowing up the sun is ironically probably easier.

Sorry for the long response.