Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Not much of a fan of it myself.

Reactions: puppy9, Kamiotesoro and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
In the Summer everyone says they wish it were cold. In the Winter everyone wishes it was hot. An I'm just here like fuck em both.

Reactions: a.n.kirillov, Klee, puppy9 and 4 others
sadbunny

sadbunny

Experienced
Jun 7, 2019
It's going to be 94 degrees here in a couple of days and just the thought upsets me. The heat makes me angry gives me road rage and eventually bring me to tears lmao

Also if anyone here can afford a dyson fan they are well worth it. I experienced one for the first time last night :) Slept like a baby, was the best thing to happen in a while.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: puppy9, mediocre, Oyoy and 1 other person
wanderinglost

wanderinglost

Mar 22, 2020
Me too that is why I live in Manchester UK which is grey cool and rainy 80% of the time and the other 20% I sleep in a room with a strong fan on all year round to keep the room cool in summer and cold in winter and black out blinds.
I sleep or rest then until it reaches dusk and an acceptable temp.
I am pretty much nocturnal apart from times have things to do aka shopping, appointments etc and interact with civvies .
Also I am allergic to UV light and turn purple if i do not wear 90% factor or total sunblock if I can find it.
I cover up totally in summer days if i HAVE to be somewhere I cannot get out of, even my face with a shemagh or keffiyeh and wrap it around my head fully apart from my eyes which I put dark glasses on.
I have always preferred night since i was a young child, I then became severely anemic a decade ago and nothing that Drs can do... I cannot absorb iron full stop we have tried everything some of which nearly killed me. I was given just a half dose of slow release IV iron and came home after and fell into bed feeling very bad for 3 days shaking, sweating and half the time delirious after explaining to my DR once it was over he said the iron poisoned me even at a low dose . Blood transfusions are not viable on the NHS they would be far too expensive to have as often as I need and I have a lovely DAZ white skin with a tinge of blue and transparency XD. My body decides which bits need the blood most so I can tell you it considers periods as not important so stops those and your brain gets a small ration causing headaches and forgetfulness et al.
I have had a ferritin level of 2 for a decade, normal range is...
Low: Less than 15 ug/L
Borderline: 16 – 40 ug/L
Normal: 41 – 400 ug/L
High: Greater than 400

I do crave iron in the form of very bloody blue steak of beef or horse and raw liver.
................as u can imagine I have heard every vampire joke and accusation even going -rolls eyes-

Annnnnnnnnd once more she turns an easy reply post into a lengthy and loquacious one; I do apologise LL .......

Sometimes I will not talk to anyone in any form but I have my manic days that can last a week or a month. DX
Others I can go AWOL and hide for days and sometimes weeks without posting, texting, phone calls or uttering a word to anyone, even the people that live in the shared house I live in.

Oh and yeah it is hot :haha:

waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
It's going to be 94 degrees here in a couple of days and just the thought upsets me. The heat makes me angry gives me road rage and eventually bring me to tears lmao

Also if anyone here can afford a dyson fan they are well worth it. I experienced one for the first time last night :) Slept like a baby, was the best thing to happen in a while.

I have a Dyson bladeless fan and I love it. I got it back when I had a pet and was nervous about my pet going up to the fan and getting injured by the blades. So I bought the bladeless fan so my pet wouldn't get hurt and I wouldn't have to worry about it.

Dont have my pet anymore but I still like the fan a lot.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019

Aw I feel for you but I am the complete opposite! I am so jealous you're getting 90+ degrees in APRIL. I would love that I love the heat. I'd be straight out to the garden on a sun lounger sunning myself:) Try sending some of it my way! Sick of the cold living in Northern Ireland...
In the Summer everyone says they wish it were cold. In the Winter everyone wishes it was hot. An I'm just here like fuck em both.
Not me! I complain it's not the summer in every season. Probably because our summers are so mild and pleasant here usually only around 20 degrees Celsius 70 Fahrenheit max in July/August.

Last edited:
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
periods of hot weather and extreme humidity, specifically the summer time, has constantly contributed to my depression and making it 1000x worse. being sweaty, insects, hot weather is just terrible to me.

winter all the waaayyyy

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: mediocre and 262653
wanderinglost

wanderinglost

Mar 22, 2020

if plants grew without sun I would be stoked to live in night time 24 hrs a day and 365 days a year ......... and temp about 12c

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Skathon
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
It's usually warmed up by now yeah. I'm not complaining though, I enjoy the cooler weather.
Here in Ireland it's only 50 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm desperate for the heat!

artificialpasta

artificialpasta

Feb 2, 2020
Here in Ireland it's only 50 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm desperate for the heat!
I'd rather extreme cold than extreme heat. At least in the cold I can think properly

Reactions: Skathon and Yomyom
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I'd rather extreme cold than extreme heat. At least in the cold I can think properly
Extreme cold?! How cold are we talking like -30? :ohhhh: You like polar vortex type weather :ahhha:My body shuts down in the cold I can't think or do anything :/

artificialpasta

artificialpasta

Feb 2, 2020
Extreme cold?! How cold are we talking like -30? :ohhhh: You like polar vortex type weather :ahhha:My body shuts down in the cold I can't think or do anything :/
Heh well only if I had to choose between the two extremes. Because in cold all I have to do is stay indoors and wear a bunch of jackets and I'll stay all warm and snug. :D

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Heh well only if I had to choose between the two extremes. Because in cold all I have to do is stay indoors and wear a bunch of jackets and I'll stay all warm and snug. :D
So basically you like to hibernate for months during the winter :ahhha: I absolutely hate it! Also it never gets cold enough to snow so it is boring af in winter.

• Wow
Reactions: artificialpasta
darkhorse256

darkhorse256

Student
Mar 10, 2020
I feel you, it's 91 degrees where I live and it's so humid.

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020

That is exactly how I feel. Fuck em both! :pfff: I love the seasons that are in between Winter and Summer when the temps and weather feel different from the two. It isn't hot or cold, just nice. Once it starts to feel super hot or super cold then I just get pissed off.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
B

Blutsager

Experienced
Mar 11, 2020
Be thankful, it seems clear hot weather helps reduce the spread of the virus, it resists very little time on inorganic surfaces at 37ºC. Perhaps as it calms down a lil bit you may be lucky enough to get the quarantine lifted. Enjoy one last summer before all of humanity dies...

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I am allergic to heat, or maybe allergic is not the right word. But heat makes me physically sick and it exacerbates my me/cfs.

Anything above 15 degress Celcius is hot, as far as I'm concerned. I feel best during the winter, especially when the temperature drops below zero.

Reactions: Skathon
Orpheus*

Orpheus*

Apr 7, 2020

I really feel you I'm very quick to anger already and in the summer I'm so much quicker. Heat is so fucking physically uncomfortable, humidity is so awful I get panic attacks in it, and yeah I get MAD seeing hot days ahead. Fuck summer. There's no escape. When it's cold you can put on layers and get under blankets but heat is just endless, inescapable suffering lol

Reactions: Green Destiny, artificialpasta and Skathon
peacefully31425

peacefully31425

Dirtbag
Aug 28, 2018
Im fine with the heat as long as there is ample shade and it isn't dry.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
It's bloody winter here in the UK after a month of gorgeous summer like weather. I feel like a lizard trying to warm up all day, because I'm too bloody stubborn to put the heating back on. :blarg:

• Love
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
It's bloody winter here in the UK after a month of gorgeous summer like weather. I feel like a lizard trying to warm up all day, because I'm too bloody stubborn to put the heating back on. :blarg:
It's almost May and it's fucking freezing!! Sick to death of the cold!!

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I hate summer and I hate the heat. Makes me cranky. More cranky than usual lol.

Reactions: Epsilon0 and Skathon
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
I would live in a meat locker if I could.

Reactions: Epsilon0 and Skathon