• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

annxietty

annxietty

“Is there no way out of the mind?”
Mar 27, 2023
Putting this on recovery because it definetly fits better here.

So... After months of searching for a job (Ive never worked before) I finally got one! Well... two... Yes, from not having a job and feeling despair because of it, to having not one but two (I can work both because they are not full time jobs) and feeling so nervous Im going to throw up.

I start working tomorrow, is only a 2h shift lol and after that I only work two more days (2 hours too) this week, the other job supposedly I only begin June 1st and its more hours but in the morning, this work I start tomorrow is mainly at night time.

Please wish me luck, Im scared of feeling too much anxiety, big challenges are ahead of me and I need strengh, Im also scared because most definetly they will see my self harm scars (both jobs have uniform and have short sleeves), I will try to cover them with makeup, I will ask my sister for help since I already talked about this issue with her and, aside from feeling dissappointed, she was very encouraging and wants to help me...

Well, Its very weird saying I will be going to work tomorrow, its weird having a life... I know its going to be difficult, I was talking to my dad on the phone and he was saying he didnt hear me being happy about all of this, I answered "I never sound happy", and its true Im so scared of things going wrong (like always) and so scared of living, that I cant be happy about anything, you could give me a thousand euros and I wouldnt sound happy, just worried lol

I want to feel hope, so even if it only lasts for a few days/hours/minutes/seconds, I dont care, Im going to feel it... Please let me feel it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Unknown21, starlessnight, Shadowpriest and 5 others
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
It's always scary attempting something new, but usually the anxiety disappears as soon as you start actually doing it. It's difficult to be very busy and anxious at the same time.
I'm not sure just what your self-harm scars look like, but perhaps you could think of some plausible sounding cause for them just in case anyone asks. (Bad fall? Attack by a dog?) If you feel brave, you could even tell them the truth.
Good luck.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty and annxietty
H

Hvergelmir

May 5, 2024
Money and new people can't go wrong!

Worst case scenario, you quit and go back to square one, but this time with a bit of money and "prior work experience".

They did employ you because they have confidence in your ability to do the job. Mistakes from new workers are to be expected. Just learn from them, ask questions, and do your best.
If you're not able to do the job despite your best effort, that's the recruiters mistake. You still get the money and the experience. (Keep that in mind, in the event that someone for whatever reason tries to convince you otherwise.)

The more likely scenario is that you'll enjoy work for a while. And even after it becomes dull, money does increase life quality by a lot.

Being nervous about new things is normal. Just do your best to not let it paralyze you.
Best of luck!

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty, Toobrokentofix and annxietty
Toobrokentofix

Toobrokentofix

Experienced
Jul 7, 2020
Sending good vibes! You got this. You git these jobs by being brave and putting yourself out there! I've recently been going back to work on a phased return. For the hours I'm working I usually feel better... like a functional adult which really helps. Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: annxietty
L

Ln42

Ihm/iai
Jun 13, 2018
You're doing great! I wish you luck for tomorrow and if you feel anxious try some grounding techniques, it will pass. Let us know how you get on 🙂

Just seen this was posted on Sunday- how did you get on?

• Hugs
annxietty

annxietty

“Is there no way out of the mind?”
Mar 27, 2023
You're doing great! I wish you luck for tomorrow and if you feel anxious try some grounding techniques, it will pass. Let us know how you get on 🙂

Just seen this was posted on Sunday- how did you get on?

Thank you so much for the amazing replies, they gave me courage.

It went nice! The moment I entered my anxiety left my body, I work tomorrow too (it will be my second day) and the day after too, of course Im still nervous but not as much as I was the first day I guess. This week is only 2h shifts, they will give me more hours when I get more used to the job.

The other job I still havent got any news from but my sister tells me Im hired so... I guess we wait lol.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Ln42 and Hvergelmir
L

Ln42

Ihm/iai
Jun 13, 2018
Thank you so much for the amazing replies, they gave me courage.

It went nice! The moment I entered my anxiety left my body, I work tomorrow too (it will be my second day) and the day after too, of course Im still nervous but not as much as I was the first day I guess. This week is only 2h shifts, they will give me more hours when I get more used to the job.

The other job I still havent got any news from but my sister tells me Im hired so... I guess we wait lol.
Oh wow, I'm so pleased. I hope you are proud of yourself. I think the initial 2 hour shifts are perfect to ease yourself in and learn the ropes. I hope it (and the second job when you start) continues to go well for you.

• Love