Ratherbeskinny

Ratherbeskinny

"Insert profound quote here."
Oct 28, 2019
Do you believe in (Heaven and) Hell and if so, do you think you might be in Hell right now?

I've always thought Hell is where I am right now. Even though I never believed in God (if god exists, he is a sick motherf*cker imo), I just figured it couldn't get a lot worse for me so this just has to be Hell. I know a lot of people are in much worse situations or have been in worse situations, but I believe Hell is different for everyone. It's scary though. If this is hell, then what's next?

I'm not good at explaining (especially in English) but I hope you understand what I mean. What are your thoughts on this?

• Hugs
Reactions: hatelife, MourningHeart, LifeAfterDeath00 and 9 others
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
I don't believe but earth as we know it is a living hell.

Reactions: hatelife, Notf1xable, Numbtopain97 and 7 others
notjustyetagain

notjustyetagain

Oct 28, 2019
Do you believe in (Heaven and) Hell and if so, do you think you might be in Hell right now?
no, these seem like supernatural concepts to me. as i understand it, hell is a place of maximal suffering -- everything that can go wrong does go wrong. my own experience with homelessness and complete poverty has taught me that anyone with a phone and/or internet access can have things go worse for them. so i don't believe i am in hell of any sort right now. that's not even touching on third-world poverty, wartorn nations etc. things can fuck up in ways i think it might be fair to say we can't even begin to imagine.

would things be worse for you if you couldn't post to this forum right now? if so, does that rule out your being in a hell of maximal suffering?

some of the other homeless people i met had upbringings that really ruled out any chance at life. one brain-damaged girl i met in hospital had a mother who used to soak a rag in petrol and cover her mouth to help her sleep as an infant; her mother was a petrol sniffer and died shortly after she was born. she was then tortured severely by her father from a very young age and to be honest, i don't think people like that stand a fucking chance.

i've had a life of absolute privilege and luxury by comparison; my ~5 years homeless aren't even a blip on some people's radar. besides, whenever i'd lose the plot i'd be hospitalised in a mental ward -- many countries don't have that option. there's a lot to be grateful for. it's not nearly enough, but it seems dishonest to pretend it doesn't exist. that's my situation/circumstance/viewpoint anyway...

but you asked another question: what's next? do you have any beliefs about what could be next if you think this is your hell?

• Wow
Reactions: takeyourshotfunboy, Crushed_Innocence and lemmeeleev
T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019

I do believe, but no I don't think this is hell. I'm actually not convince hell is a lot like what most religions say.

What is the point of punishing a dead soul in such a way? (This is something I wish was asked more of)
The soul is already dead, so it can't cause anymore harm or good in the real world. And if souls are able to come back, then why have a dead soul in hell forever?
I do believe something bad does happen. Maybe the soul doesn't exist, or maybe it goes to a "reeducation/hell". But logic says what the church says isn't right on that subject.

Because of using this logic, no I don't think this could ever be hell. Like someone could say maybe we are meant to learn something and we are being reeducated now. But the fact is, evil gains a lot of power and influence in this world. I highly doubt what we are meant to learn is "be evil".

Now here is the kicker. What if all of this is a simulation? Our miserable existence is the entertainment of some 12 year old playing a game like The Sims. Or maybe we are in some research simulation, and the scientist doesn't/can't hear us or doesn't care. Just like the guy in Johnny Got His Gun.

GreenDagny

GreenDagny

Oct 9, 2019
I think there is nothing after death and that humans just make up figments so they can explain things, feel better, control etc. I do agree with another post living on this planet is hell enough.

takeyourshotfunboy

takeyourshotfunboy

Smile...
Oct 11, 2019
I am not religious, but I might as well be in hell right now. I can´t imagine any afterlife more painful than what I experience every day. Christians say that God loves everyone, but sometimes I feel that if there is a God, he hates me. I feel cursed.

Reactions: Pisceslilith and BlueWidow
Ratherbeskinny

Ratherbeskinny

"Insert profound quote here."
Oct 28, 2019
I am not religious, but I might as well be in hell right now. I can´t imagine any afterlife more painful than what I experience every day. Christians say that God loves everyone, but sometimes I feel that if there is a God, he hates me. I feel cursed.

In my opinion, if god really existed, he would be one manipulative son of a bitch lol. But I understand what you mean.

Reactions: BlueWidow
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018

I've always thought Hell is where I am right now. Even though I never believed in God (if god exists, he is a sick motherf*cker imo), I just figured it couldn't get a lot worse for me so this just has to be Hell. I know a lot of people are in much worse situations or have been in worse situations, but I believe Hell is different for everyone. It's scary though. If this is hell, then what's next?

I'm not good at explaining (especially in English) but I hope you understand what I mean. What are your thoughts on this?
I think yes I'am in hell right now but of my own making, though I did not set out to purposely destroy my life. But for sure we do live under a satanic system which can cause more hell in the personal lives of average people than there has to be otherwise.

Reactions: mattwitt and OreoWellington
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I too am in a hell of my own making. I had it easy compared to others but I had to go and bollox it up. I can't decide if I deserve everything I get. But the universe is not merciful. That is a human emotion, albeit a rare one.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I too am in a hell of my own making. I had it easy compared to others but I had to go and bollox it up. I can't decide if I deserve everything I get. But the universe is not merciful. That is a human emotion, albeit a rare one.
What went wrong for u if u don't mind me asking?

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
What went wrong for u if u don't mind me asking?
I don't mind. I dealt with depression autism and ocd anxiety by becoming an alcoholic. It actually worked but 30 years of that has destroyed my body. Bowel doesn't work can't stop peeing don't sleep hardly eat trapped in sodding house. Great fun!
Oh and I don't use commas either :blarg:

• Aww..
Reactions: Final Escape
DoNotLet2

DoNotLet2

Wizard
Oct 14, 2019
Ok let me tell my opinion.
There is no thing such a bad deed or good deed. People invented it to make society work. All you do is neutral. It follows that there is no hell/heaven after death. Either everybody disappears or everybody goes to the same place.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I don't mind. I dealt with depression autism and ocd anxiety by becoming an alcoholic. It actually worked but 30 years of that has destroyed my body. Bowel doesn't work can't stop peeing don't sleep hardly eat trapped in sodding house. Great fun!
Oh and I don't use commas either :blarg:
That sounds terrible sorry this is how u have to live :aw: u have a good attitude despite though I admire that.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
That sounds terrible sorry this is how u have to live :aw: u have a good attitude despite though I admire that.
Thank you. Posting on here helps distract me. Sometimes I even get to laugh! What went wrong for you?

• Wow
Reactions: DoNotLet2
passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
I'm not religious but I think in each person's mind they carry their own Heaven and their own Hell.

Personally, at this point in life, I wouldn't know Heaven if it bit me on the ass. I guess most people on here probably feel the same way, or they'd be on facebook instead.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'm not religious but I think in each person's mind they carry their own Heaven and their own Hell.

Personally, at this point in life, I wouldn't know Heaven if it bit me on the ass. I guess most people on here probably feel the same way, or they'd be on facebook instead.
This

ctb

ctb

Nov 9, 2019
heaven + hell = Earth

Reactions: CuriousAboutThis and n0505
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
If there is a god, what gave him the right to give everyone else everything, but give me shit?

if there is a god, what gave him the right to make all of us suffer, while normal people live happy and productive lives?

if there is a god, what gave him the right to take away the only person who mattered to me?

Fuck god and the camel he rode in on.

Reactions: hatelife, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Ratherbeskinny
Dreamwithinadream

Dreamwithinadream

Sep 21, 2019
My life is definitely worse than any hell I could have imagined. Constant surgeries, unbearable pain, never ending doctors appointments and medical problems, being poked and prodded at weekly, having no quality of life and no hope.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: hatelife and BlueWidow
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
All I know is, if there is a heaven, Jesus is going to wish he was nailed back up on that cross again by the time I get through with him.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dreamwithinadream and hatelife
R

Reyki6667

Student
Oct 11, 2019

All my life a is joke of what life is supposed to be, from the beginning I am living in a frigging inescapable nightmare.
so yeah. From my point of view, if hell existed, then I am already living inside.

• Hugs
Reactions: CuriousAboutThis
C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
Personally, I don't believe in heaven and hell after death aka afterlife but do believe in a heaven and hell on earth despite my favorite afterlife being the heavens and the earth.

Reactions: a.h and hatelife
H

hatelife

Experienced
Oct 13, 2019
yeah I think this earth is heaven for some and hell for most others, u have to be lucky in this earth I think not to suffer somehow. I consider my mind to be in hell but objectively I cant say Im in hell, I would say Im pretty lucky to live In Sweden, have the governement pay my bills bc I cant work due to ocd/anxiety/depression. There can still be a God, like some scientist said the world and universe can be a science project of a superintelligent child who has failed miserably at it. Or this thing is something we dont get and arent asking the right questions, like leonard susskin said. scientist are right often but havent explained consciousness but life is pretty nasty and nature is cruel or the thing that created it is weird, other life eats other living beings and even cannibalism. Like this thing with bunnies, do you know that if mother bunny doesnt like the outcome of her babies turned out she will eat them alive to get rid of them ...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: CuriousAboutThis