Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
There's a book called The Long Walk. The lurkers are spectators, voyeurs just like the ones in the book. Good book

Reactions: _Kaira_
W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
The biggest problem is, that most of his answers are complete lies. I would agree it's an opinion, but the problem is he gave false information.

Sadly it doesn't surprise me. I never saw him as a pro-lifer, in accordance to his posts. Then again, I didn't interact with him all too much. Personally, I didn't see it coming. But that video is completely biased. But I guess, if it didn't follow their narrative, they wouldn't have posted the video anyway. Based off the website's content, that is.

I've never seen on this forum what that guy spoke about- it's completely different than what i've experienced here.
That's why i said the info is skewed. It's twisted. He's taken everything and tainted it.
Agree that the video is biased. There was no impartiality on the journalist's part-
In the first few sentences i exclaimed out loud "This is bullshit!" it woke my dog. Good thing i live alone. Lol.

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
I've never seen on this forum what that guy spoke about- it's completely different than what i've experienced here.
That's why i said the info is skewed. It's twisted. He's taken everything and tainted it.
Agree that the video is biased. There was no impartiality on the journalist's part-
In the first few sentences i exclaimed out loud "This is bullshit!" it woke my dog. Good thing i live alone. Lol.

And thus why I believe it more to be propaganda. It's a sad excuse for journalism, if you can even call it that. SS is being painted this way by a lot of pro-lifers who visit and talk about this site. Which is what is angering me so much.

• Hugs
Reactions: W’ren
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
Or do some people truly have nothing better to do with their lives?

I know the topic of pro-lifers and trolls comes up a lot, but I've been thinking about it a lot since I came online today. I don't really want to give them more attention, but it's something that has been bothering me for a while.

This does not include depressed/suicidal lurkers. I scroll down and see something like 200 members online and 400 guests every day. Or every thread I browse I see a few people looking at it as well and then 20 quests PER thread. It's like people come here and think "WoOoooWW look at all the sad people! I wonder what is driving them to think suicide is the only option out today!!"

It just downright infuriates me. Is our pain really that big of a source of entertainment? Or are we looked at as if we are on the discovery channel, as lemmings all leading each other while running to our deaths that need to be stopped? The trolls posting cause they want to spark more pain, or maybe they're just ignorant. Or the pro-lifers lurking just to sway vulnerable people's minds to their own agenda.

This is no place for tourists. This is a place for those in extreme amounts of pain to come and share their feelings. A safe place to talk without the pressure of potentially being sectioned. Information is here to inform people, if they choose so, to go through with their personal choices SAFELY.

To those who think this is a place to experiment on, analyze to see what makes us tick, think that we're all just sick people with ill thoughts... F*ck you. You are part of the problem. This is not a source of entertainment, or act like we're a d*mn zoo to peer into. Seriously, f*ck all of you. I can't express how angry it makes me that people think we're not allowed to have a safe place outside of the sh*tty 'healthcare' system that barely does any of us justice to begin with!

If ya'll really want to help us... advocate for a change in society. Push for improvements in the healthcare system. Because the way things are right now, it is NO WHERE near to how things should be running. Locking us up, putting us on countless amounts of pills, and thinking "oh honey, you just need to straighten out the problems within yourself" IS NOT F*CKING CUTTING IT!
Not to mention the larpers who engage in forum sliding here

Reactions: _Kaira_
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
This problem would be at least partially solved if the forum was only visible to members.
I agree... but I lurked on this site for about a year before I joined. I was too terrified to join (not really sure why) but the information I learned from this site was extremely important to me. I only joined a few days after my second failed attempt, when I believed I needed a different kind of support.

• Love
Reactions: _Kaira_ and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
It just downright infuriates me. Is our pain really that big of a source of entertainment? Or are we looked at as if we are on the discovery channel, as lemmings all leading each other while running to our deaths that need to be stopped? The trolls posting cause they want to spark more pain, or maybe they're just ignorant. Or the pro-lifers lurking just to sway vulnerable people's minds to their own agenda.

This is no place for tourists. This is a place for those in extreme amounts of pain to come and share their feelings. A safe place to talk without the pressure of potentially being sectioned. Information is here to inform people, if they choose so, to go through with their personal choices SAFELY.

To those who think this is a place to experiment on, analyze to see what makes us tick, think that we're all just sick people with ill thoughts... F*ck you. You are part of the problem. This is not a source of entertainment, or act like we're a d*mn zoo to peer into. Seriously, f*ck all of you. I can't express how angry it makes me that people think we're not allowed to have a safe place outside of the sh*tty 'healthcare' system that barely does any of us justice to begin with!

If ya'll really want to help us... advocate for a change in society. Push for improvements in the healthcare system. Because the way things are right now, it is NO WHERE near to how things should be running. Locking us up, putting us on countless amounts of pills, and thinking "oh honey, you just need to straighten out the problems within yourself" IS NOT F*CKING CUTTING IT!

Don't worry about them. What they don't realise is that absolutely every human being will suffer in the end and die either from illness or a violent death.
Life doesn't have happy endings

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and _Kaira_
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Don't worry about them. What they don't realise is that absolutely every human being will suffer in the end and die either from illness or a violent death.
Life doesn't have happy endings

I usually don't care. But it's still a problem that this whole issue is actually driving people away from the site. That doesn't sit well with me.

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Or do some people truly have nothing better to do with their lives?

I know the topic of pro-lifers and trolls comes up a lot, but I've been thinking about it a lot since I came online today. I don't really want to give them more attention, but it's something that has been bothering me for a while.

This does not include depressed/suicidal lurkers. I scroll down and see something like 200 members online and 400 guests every day. Or every thread I browse I see a few people looking at it as well and then 20 quests PER thread. It's like people come here and think "WoOoooWW look at all the sad people! I wonder what is driving them to think suicide is the only option out today!!"

This thread is becoming more relevant recently...

Reactions: _Kaira_ and CoalmineCanary