• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

SpiderMolt

SpiderMolt

Jun 10, 2024
It's been too long since I've cried at all, and I think I might need to. I'm not exactly sure how long it's been because my perception of time is weird, but I haven't been able to cry lately. I've definitely felt like I've wanted to, but I just haven't. I might hopefully feel a little better if I'm actually able to cry. Is there any healthy ways to make myself cry? Ways that don't involve overwhelming myself with thoughts? Or any other really negative things? Tbh, I'm not even sure if crying will help me, but whatever.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and lost_ange2211
lost_ange2211

lost_ange2211

An angel who wants to go home..
May 29, 2024
I know that feeling. I had a time where I couldn't cry at all despite a l8t of bad stuff happening. It's still difficult for me to cry and especially cry for myself.
What I do or let happen is to cry triggered by sad movies/ games. For me it must be something deep though, when you get attatched to the character and their story I feel empathy for them/ their situations and feel what they feel and sometimes cry about it.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Try watching this:

Reactions: dtkdave87 and Dr Iron Arc
S

sweetxdreams

Jun 16, 2024
Listen to really sad music

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Are cutting onions or eating spicy food acceptable methods of crying for you? Maybe those don't count for some people though…

Reactions: GoatHerder
sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Experienced
Dec 14, 2023
The song from The Fox and the Hound that mrs Tweed sings when she's leaving Tod out in the forest and driving away always get me. In fact, apparently even thinking about it does it.

Reactions: SchizoGymnast
Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
This may sound very strange but have you been to the opticians recently? I hadn't cried in 4 to 5 years. Then when I had an opticians appointment, they did a test and said I had severe dry eye syndrome which physically affects my ability to cry. Since using eye drops I've actually been able to cry again and the feeling of wanting to cry has come back. It most likely won't be this but I hadn't heard of it before so might be worth exploring?

SpiderMolt

SpiderMolt

Jun 10, 2024
This may sound very strange but have you been to the opticians recently? I hadn't cried in 4 to 5 years. Then when I had an opticians appointment, they did a test and said I had severe dry eye syndrome which physically affects my ability to cry. Since using eye drops I've actually been able to cry again and the feeling of wanting to cry has come back. It most likely won't be this but I hadn't heard of it before so might be worth exploring?
I know I can cry because I almost did the other night, but I'm stupid and wouldn't let myself because I was around someone else. It's been so long since I've even almost cried and I kinda wish I let myself. I know the person I was around wouldn't have judged me, but I still stopped myself :/

TheOrangeEatsCreeps

TheOrangeEatsCreeps

May 2, 2024
It's been too long since I've cried at all, and I think I might need to. I'm not exactly sure how long it's been because my perception of time is weird, but I haven't been able to cry lately. I've definitely felt like I've wanted to, but I just haven't. I might hopefully feel a little better if I'm actually able to cry. Is there any healthy ways to make myself cry? Ways that don't involve overwhelming myself with thoughts? Or any other really negative things? Tbh, I'm not even sure if crying will help me, but whatever.
Let me know if you find a way. I was looking into it and just now found out that men cry 2 times a month on average. What the fuck! We have this built in bodily function meant to relieve stress, and grief, and it gets browbeaten out of us. Shit!

kyhoti

kyhoti

Student
May 27, 2024
Dang, I can't stop crying. Everything triggers me. I guess it's the other side of the coin.

Anyhoo, I say "Don't force it". Years ago, in therapy, my eyes wouldn't stop watering while I was talking. My shrink told me that my body was crying b/c my emotions wouldn't let me.

Good luck!

puppybrained

puppybrained

Jul 15, 2024
this is something i've been struggling with a lot lately. i just want the catharsis of having a full on breakdown and i keep coming close but i just... can't. i've been looking for the solution too, but like someone else said i don't think the real cathartic crying (not just artificial tears with no feeling) is something you can force.
i'm just trying to look at things that might pull at my heart strings. i don't know if it'd help because i've already seen it so i may just get bored, but i'm just going to replay a mission in a game that i remember made me cry like a baby.
good luck, i hope you can get some relief soon.