• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
No. It's selfish if your parents put you into this cruel world and expect you to live forever just to please them. You never gave consent to any of this, so every suicide, in my opinion, is justified.

Reactions: Arisa, TeenIdle, Cutepoison and 1 other person
R

ready55

7722 Reseda Blvd. Apt. 102
Mar 7, 2020
Do you have people relying on you? Like your children? Cause that's a thing. And maybe that's not something everyone is gonna wanna hear but it's fair. Beyond that, who's business is it other than yours.

• Love
Reactions: Time and terry_a_davis
Inmyhands

Inmyhands

Mar 6, 2020
For me suicide felt like the greatest act of self care I could ever perform.
This perfectly encapsulates how I feel. Thank you BPD Barbie. If taking care of myself in the best way I know how makes me selfish, then so be it.

Reactions: RainAndSadness
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Hello, I am sorry your life has prepared so many difficulties for you... There is nothing selfish in a suicide, but you have to make a weighed decision whether you need it or not. Calling suicide a selfish thing is same as blaming your great great grandparents for dying.
******Update*******
People are selfish when trying to stop you for their own reasons. They want your time, money, other resources and they cannot accept that you are living FIRST... for yourself, not for everybody else.

Last edited:
oxymoron

oxymoron

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2019
How is your day been today?

Yes it probably is selfish but we can only endure so much.
Just like every day. Nothings changed. I'm depressed to the point where I wouldn't mind dropping dead right now. Someone put a bullet in my head now.

• Aww..
Reactions: faust
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
I couldn't ctb while my parent is still alive. I love her and killing myself would hurt her so much. But i appreciate the suffering some of you go through is greater than mine and that your need to end your suffering is of a higher priority to the pain your suicide will cause (if you have loved one's).

Reactions: Time
Sweet Release

Sweet Release

Experienced
Nov 24, 2019
Maybe it is selfish but I have such a low self opinion of myself that it doesn't matter how people judge me anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mizzmini45 and Inmyhands
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
They are also selfish for expecting us to live this way (living miserably/having no hope/no future etc) as it is for us to take our own lives regardless of how they'll cope afterwards.

It's my personal opinion but I think that it's selfish for my parents to give birth to me into this cold and cruel world. Nobody asked for my consent and now I have to figure out how to ctb. Isn't it better if I just "don't exist" in the first place so that I don't have to go through all that trouble to ctb?

Reactions: Mizzmini45
M

Mizzmini45

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2019
I feel as long as You don't have no huge responsibilities you choose then no it's not selfish at all

Reactions: Inmyhands
Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
I would say depending on the circumstance. Generally suicide isn't selfish due to being in immense mental pain and hell. However I consider it selfish if the person who killed themselves rescued you from an attempt or made your promise to live for them (which is my circumstance)

Reactions: Mizzmini45
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
We are social animals. We wouldn't have survived childhood without the protection of parents and the community. To leave prematurely after the effort, time, and cost to other is selfish.

But life in general is pointless... so it does not matter in the end.
you have it completely backwards. Your first argument is more like glorified Munchhausen syndrome: you were conceived without consent and thus it is the parents and the societies obligation to provide everything for you at least up until a certain age. Some people have even argued it would be a good idea if we made the state pay a basic income for the rest of your life as a reparation for being born without consent, as long as you don't choose to procreate yourself (which would be like saying: I think this life is worth living; thus extinguishing your claim on reparations). I think this is an idea worth considering. Kant thought since you didn't consent to being born and life was imposed on you by your parents that it was their moral duty to make sure to provide for you in such manner so that you retrospectively would consent to being born once you reach your 18th birthday; otherwise he thought it was your parents fault, aka they failed you.

to your second point: this makes you a nihilist and I don't agree with that either; there is at least one thing in the universe that does matter, and that is suffering. If you don't agree that the suffering of sentient beings matters you are not only a nihilist but also a sadist and a psychopath.

Arisa

Arisa

Clinging onto every ounce of hope
Feb 23, 2020
Suicide might be selfish, but it is NOT wrong to do so. Your parents brought you into the world, only YOU can decide if you want out or not. To force someone to live in pain for the next 20-30 years or more in my opinion is the most selfish.

Reactions: Abaigh
Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
Not as selfish as making childern.

Reactions: Inmyhands and disabledandhopeless
Abaigh

Abaigh

Student
Jan 20, 2020
I wouldn't call it selfish but it will hurt many others to take away your pain. But I agree with @Arisa it is not immoral and it is your decision not anyone else's.

TeenIdle

TeenIdle

Feb 29, 2020
Well, we are never asked whether we want to come to this world or not. Not everyone has the mindset and skills to live in this shitty hypocritical world.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and disabledandhopeless