R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Throughout most of my life I've never really been loved, never really been cared for, never had a significant friendship that lasted long. Not as a child, not as an adult. I've always felt alone. But I've had this one special person in my life for many years now, not a partner, but everything a person could look for in a person. A person that means the world to me and a person that was the reason that i made it this far. Someone my suicide would truly break. But even though I have that, I still couldn't manage to stop my self from feeling lonely and from hurting, from craving more. Sometimes I feel so lonely and so sad about having lived all those years and only having a single person that truly cares. Other times I feel so guilty for not finding that to be enough. Like I'm being ungrateful. Especially when I think about how this would make them feel and how not being enough would break them, it just makes me hate myself.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, archiveofpain, YandereMikuMistress and 14 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
For me, yes, absolutely. Unfortunately I'm not sure this special person actually exists for me because admittedly I make it very difficult for anyone to actually be this kind of person.

• Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Hollowman, eatantz and 4 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Possibly, if they reciprocate your feelings or you don't put the squeeze on them to where they feel pressured by you. Knowing they're you're only one can also make them run. It's probably not super safe or smart to put all your eggs in one basket, but God knows I've done it often enough.

• Love
Reactions: Pluto, Alexei_Kirillov and rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
admittedly I make it very difficult for anyone to actually be this kind of person.
I do too. I honestly don't know how that person managed to. Which makes it all the more reason to feel guilty and hate myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2023
Throughout most of my life I've never really been loved, never really been cared for, never had a significant friendship that lasted long. Not as a child, not as an adult. I've always felt alone. But I've had this one special person in my life for many years now, not a partner, but everything a person could look for in a person. A person that means the world to me and a person that was the reason that i made it this far.
I know how you feel. Once, for a time I had one special person too. She was my world and everything else paled in comparison. This hell that we live in made me sad and/or angry sometimes but her presence made everything better. She was more then enough.

Sometimes I feel so lonely and so sad about having lived all those years and only having a single person that truly cares.
You chose carefully, you picked one good person instead of many bad ones. Don't feel bad for being thoughtful! It was the right thing to do.

Other times I feel so guilty for not finding that to be enough. Like I'm being ungrateful. Especially when I think about how this would make them feel and how not being enough would break them, it just makes me hate myself.
It is what it is. Sometimes we are cold even though the sun shines bright, sometimes we are still hungry even though we just ate. We are complex creatures and Enough is different for each of us, just because it is for others, it doesn't have to be for you as well. Don't hate yourself!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: binturong, AvwJ, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I know how you feel. Once, for a time I had one special person too. She was my world and everything else paled in comparison. This hell that we live in made me sad and/or angry sometimes but her presence made everything better. She was more then enough.

You chose carefully, you picked one good person instead of many bad ones. Don't feel bad for being thoughtful! It was the right thing to do.

It is what it is. Sometimes we are cold even though the sun shines bright, sometimes we are still hungry even though we just ate. We are complex creatures and Enough is different for each of us, just because it is for others, it doesn't have to be for you as well. Don't hate yourself!
You absolutely get it! Thank you for your kind words <3 deep down I know you are right.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blue Elephant
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
truthfully i doubt just one person could give me everything i need. not speaking about partners or relationships at all just like a human who is there for me and cares.

i almost feel multiple are needed and that's kind of why i've stacked friend groups. no matter what time of day or holiday i almost always have somewhere to go. constant stimulation i suppose. sadly now im scared to let people in so once my groups slowly disperse its a high chance i'll be thrown back into loneliness.

• Love
Reactions: eatantz and rozeske
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Absolutely. One person that matches you perfectly is all you need. But usually people have more than one person, so if they have more than one that's where a problem can start. They split their time between 5 people, but you only split your time with them? You'll feel neglected and lonely eventually since the emotional investment is not the same.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hvergelmir, eatantz, starryhrtz and 3 others
kyhoti

kyhoti

May 27, 2024
Not for me. One "special person" won't do it, because in my experience, everyone (every fucking one) will fail to meet my needs. I'm a leech, a pestilence, and as much as I know that I NEED others, I don't wish myself upon anyone. I have left a path of hurt and chaos, even when I tried not to. At least you're trying, so good on you mate.

• Hugs
Reactions: eatantz, rozeske and psp3000
abchia

abchia

Aug 28, 2023
Yes for me. But unfortunately I we will never be together in person and as time goes on they're slowly becoming less relevant 😔

• Hugs
Reactions: sancta-simplicitas, eatantz and rozeske
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
absolutely not

no one can be trusted and I would rather not have my time wasted or waste others time or have my plans delayed

• Love
Reactions: sancta-simplicitas, thebelljarrr, rozeske and 1 other person
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Apr 28, 2024
For me, I believe it would be enough. But that person would have to not be abusive, and given my track record so far in life, it is 100% impossible for me to attract a non-abusive person.

• Hugs
Reactions: sancta-simplicitas, eatantz and rozeske
lamargue

lamargue

pugilist
Jun 5, 2024
maybe. i cant even comprehend sharing that intimacy with another person, though. it feels alien to me. i was made to exist in isolation.

• Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby, sserafim, glitteryaliens and 3 others
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Absolutely. One person that matches you perfectly is all you need. But usually people have more than one person, so if they have more than one that's where a problem can start. They split their time between 5 people, but you only split your time with them? You'll feel neglected and lonely eventually since the emotional investment is not the same.
yeah... I'm kinda sad he doesn't really have anyone else other than me for that very reason~ Teehee~ if he did, I would miss him tons when he's gone~ :((( really, he's what keeps from doing it at all~ xD That's also why polyamory and polygamy just don't make sense to me~ Why the heck would someone willingly split their time between multiple people instead of just one? >_<

• Love
Reactions: rozeske
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
For me, one person who loves me genuinely would change my life. My ex-best friend made my life feel worth it again, but unfortunately I have all the traits of bpd and it makes keeping relationships impossible

• Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees and rozeske
rednights

rednights

Jun 5, 2024
I do have someone, and they make me feel much better than I did when they weren't around. I relate, though, that even with them in my life I still sometimes feel isolated. Since, I don't usually have many others than them.

I think having that one person does a lot but if you're alone otherwise it makes sense that loneliness would still affect you. We tend to have such needs as humans, sadly.

• Hugs
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Once I find that person I will let you know

Reactions: innominesatanas44, rozeske, sserafim and 1 other person
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
I would be a burden on him either way.

• Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby, YandereMikuMistress and rozeske
jar-baby

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
I wouldn't know. I would think so. Though I don't know how to find that person or if they even exist.

• Hugs
archiveofpain

archiveofpain

May 29, 2024
Yeah, due to feeling replaceable for me just having a person where I'm the first choice for them would be enough even though my expectations are probably unrealistic and not possible

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon and rozeske
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Mage
Apr 15, 2024
Yes, and that person left me, so I am back to the loneliness I experienced before except now without hope. That was the final straw for me and why I'm now here.

• Hugs
Reactions: penguinl0v3s and rozeske
BlendedHeart

BlendedHeart

It is what it is
Mar 9, 2024
I wish I had ONE person. Just one. But at this point I know I won't get it.

• Hugs
yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
I would walk through burning coals to find that one special person.

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske and AvwJ
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
One person can accomplish a lot, but I think most people will typically need more than one person in their life. Different connections give you different benefits. Different people can fit different moods and more appropriate for certain subjects. It's nice to have a primary romantic partner and then supplemental friends to fill in the cracks.

It's a lot of pressure to dump on one person expecting them to be everything for you.

• Love
Reactions: innominesatanas44 and rozeske
N

-nobodyknows-

Jun 16, 2024
For me it is. I always did better when I had someone, though it never lasted long

• Hugs
Reactions: derpyderpins and rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Here I was upset about only having one person that cares, others only dream of having even just one person. We are basically reduced to ones or zeros. What an unfair sad sad world we live in.

innominesatanas44

innominesatanas44

🇷🇸
Feb 16, 2023
To me it's more ideal to have multiple people who you are not completely close with but who are stable and independent to satisfy your social needs than one person who is 'special'. Those special types of people always leave or die in my experience

• Love
Reactions: sancta-simplicitas and rozeske