tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
This is something I saw on reddit when they still had their /r/sanctionedsuicide forum before it was banned in Jan/Feb 2018.

I can definitely attest to this, especially when going to a psychiatrist who reported me to the police and actually made things worse, as well as that he didn't give me any medication

Reactions: TAW122, Weeping Garbage Can, worldexploder and 2 others
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
Unfortunately, yes; psychiatry is currently the worst aspect of medicine in any country.

Reactions: Inevitable, Weeping Garbage Can, Fucking loving it and 3 others
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
yes, often they are harsher and take more freedom from you at times. especially if you are "really crazy" schizophrenic, autistic, multiple personalities, bipolar, or very anxious or depressed.

note: autistic ppl aren't really "mentally ill" but get treated that way. doesn't mean we are better though either. this shit is so complicated to talk about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Going Home, Moony21 and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Yeah, unfortunately you're little more than an unruly pig threatening to escape the confines of the hellhole pigpen of society, meaning you must be brought back on board and forced into compliance, but only with low effort and patronizing "care". This translates to hopelessly inadequate and expensive treatment, and endless assumptions that you are not able to make decisions for yourself.

Then of course there are those around you in your personal life, who also assume you are damaged beyond repair, incapable of rational thought, and must be treated with kid gloves. After years of wrestling with the mental health system, I now use it to get the meds I need to stop wanting to gouge my eyes out every day and that's about it.

Reactions: TAW122, Weeping Garbage Can, onewayroad and 2 others
tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
Yeah, unfortunately you're little more than an unruly pig threatening to escape the confines of the hellhole pigpen of society, meaning you must be brought back on board and forced into compliance, but only with low effort and patronizing "care". This translates to hopelessly inadequate and expensive treatment, and endless assumptions that you are not able to make decisions for yourself.

Then of course there are those around you in your personal life, who also assume you are damaged beyond repair, incapable of rational thought, and must be treated with kid gloves. After years of wrestling with the mental health system, I now use it to get the meds I need to stop wanting to gouge my eyes out every day and that's about it.

In what sense?

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and onewayroad
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
In what sense?
There's a kind of awkward dynamic that often forms when you're seeking mental health treatment. It feels like there's an elephant in the room, or that others are walking on eggshells around you. You feel like others have been saying shit about you. But if you try to bring it up, it's all immediately normalized or swept under the rug.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, onewayroad, Tyuiop and 2 others
tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
There's a kind of awkward dynamic that often forms when you're seeking mental health treatment. It feels like there's an elephant in the room, or that others are walking on eggshells around you. You feel like others have been saying shit about you. But if you try to bring it up, it's all immediately normalized or swept under the rug.

I kind of get what you're saying but...elaborate a bit..lol

Sorry if it comes across as rude but I just usually need detailed explanations. Do you mean with psychiatrists or family members/friends or both?

The funny thing is that my psychiatrist tried to make it very blunt that acting out in violence even if I was mentally ill would land me in prison. In fact, I found him quite condescending.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, onewayroad and lv-gras
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I kind of get what you're saying but...elaborate a bit..lol

Sorry if it comes across as rude but I just usually need detailed explanations. Do you mean with psychiatrists or family members/friends or both?

The funny thing is that my psychiatrist tried to make it very blunt that acting out in violence even if I was mentally ill would land me in prison. In fact, I found him quite condescending.
Oh I meant with family members etc. But the psychiatrists are even worse. My last one flat out said "you're out of my league" when she heard about my problems. Being an old biddy who looked like she hadn't seen a dick this side of the new millennium I felt inclined to agree. But still super unprofessional to offer up no help or even a referral to someone else.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, onewayroad and lv-gras
onewayroad

onewayroad

“Dying is not a crime.” ― Jack Kevorkian
Oct 4, 2018
Oh I meant with family members etc. But the psychiatrists are even worse. My last one flat out said "you're out of my league" when she heard about my problems. Being an old biddy who looked like she hadn't seen a dick this side of the new millennium I felt inclined to agree. But still super unprofessional to offer up no help or even a referral to someone else.

That's terrible. Imagine going to a doctor for a regular illness and he takes a look at you and just says "Nah sorry m8 you're a write off". How fucking unprofessional can you get.

But that's psychiatrists for you.

Just recently I signed up for government housing because I'm homeless (not on the streets couch-surfing basically) and I had to get a form filled out confirming that I have bipolar I disorder. So I asked my psychiatrist to fill it out and he just told me "You won't get government housing. It's not going to happen." like yeah asshole if you don't fill out the form I certainly won't, fill it out and at least I have a chance at not being homeless eventually you god damn shit stain.

And when I got another doctor to fill it out instead it took him two minutes. And now I'm on the highest priority list for housing.

To most psychiatrists we are nothing more than a source of revenue.

Reactions: TAW122, Weeping Garbage Can, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 1 other person
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
The world treats the mentally anqished very harshly. And for a lot of people who are struggling, such as myself, we end up on SSI. Meaning we get hardly any money (I'm lucky I live with my aunt) and get the shittiest doctors (again, I'm lucky to have an old doctor that agreed to see me).

People who need help the most get it the least. That has always been true and always will be. "Friends" will abandon you, husbands and wives will leave you. It's tough out there. After all this, we hear "it gets better" from people who don't even give a fuck! Also like I said we have no right to die.

Same can be said about people with physical disabilities.

We are forced to be reclusive, impoverished, and alive. Just a beating heart is all that seems to matter to most people.

Reactions: Jodes, TAW122 and Weeping Garbage Can
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
@Angst Filled Fuck Up

Yeah I know how much bullshit society is when it comes to mental illness, people who are different, and those who don't conform to the way they want us to. During my times when I seen therapists and counselors, it was a crockload of shit. They have given me fuckall advice on my issues and some event go as far as to downplay them as non-issue. Seriously fuck the time wasters they are, not to mention their ability and power to lock us up if they deem us a danger to ourselves or others (which is determined by them). Finally, fuck the normies that sanction this kind of practice and condone the protocols.

The world treats the mentally anqished very harshly. And for a lot of people who are struggling, such as myself, we end up on SSI. Meaning we get hardly any money (I'm lucky I live with my aunt) and get the shittiest doctors (again, I'm lucky to have an old doctor that agreed to see me).

People who need help the most get it the least. That has always been true and always will be. "Friends" will abandon you, husbands and wives will leave you. It's tough out there. After all this, we hear "it gets better" from people who don't even give a fuck! Also like I said we have no right to die.

Same can be said about people with physical disabilities.

We are forced to be reclusive, impoverished, and alive. Just a beating heart is all that seems to matter to most people.

This is quite true in a lot of cases. While I do appreciate some forgiveness by 'some' normies in regards to my Aspergers, it comes at a hefty cost of social exclusion and awkward treatment. In regards to SSI and getting disability money for my Aspergers problem, well I was denied. :(

Reactions: worldexploder
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
@Angst Filled Fuck Up

Yeah I know how much bullshit society is when it comes to mental illness, people who are different, and those who don't conform to the way they want us to. During my times when I seen therapists and counselors, it was a crockload of shit. They have given me fuckall advice on my issues and some event go as far as to downplay them as non-issue. Seriously fuck the time wasters they are, not to mention their ability and power to lock us up if they deem us a danger to ourselves or others (which is determined by them). Finally, fuck the normies that sanction this kind of practice and condone the protocols.

This is quite true in a lot of cases. While I do appreciate some forgiveness by 'some' normies in regards to my Aspergers, it comes at a hefty cost of social exclusion and awkward treatment. In regards to SSI and getting disability money for my Aspergers problem, well I was denied. :(
I'm sorry you was denied! That is fucked up man.