• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
I'll be ctb around the end of June/early July and I'll be using the night night method.
I will probably buy a tent and go to a conservation area/woods and end my life there.
I'm currently preparing to leave my savings to my loved ones using the handwritten will method(approved in Ontario Canada).

From my understanding, I think my loved ones will be paying yearly property taxes for my burial which I'm assuming it will be very expensive. I'd like to take away that burden by donating my body to science/research.

I'm assuming the only institutions that would accept a fairly healthy body would be universities and clinics?
How can I approach such institutions?
Can I write a will?

Regarding my ctb in the woods/conservation area:
How can I avoid suspicion?
I'd like to make my body difficult to find(at least for a week).

I will be using FutureME or similar service to send an email to a loved one and let them know I ctb.
In the email I will have a password for my loved one to unlock a PDF/Doc explaining why I did what I did.
The email will also contain instructions of where to find the handwritten will.
Would the email service block or prevent my email in any way from reaching the intended contact if I mention anything among the lines of ctb?

What else should I consider in this situation?
Sorry for bothering you with all these questions, but yesterday I was able to find my carotid arteries and I applied pressure with my thumbs and I passed out.

• Aww..
Reactions: Nem
PhilosOfDoom

PhilosOfDoom

Experienced
Nov 22, 2019
For the email service you choose to use, you should read the terms of services, and privacy policy for information on how they deal with posts, and whether or not they look at the information contained within. If they do have an automatic blocker, (which is unlikely,) then you could likely input the words in a way to avoid being detected. Instead of suicide, it'd be self extermination, etc. It wouldn't be illegal to use those words, it just may be justification for emergency personnel. Presuming it's a reputable service, they wouldn't have such a mechanic where they would read every message, and store it indefinitely, possibly breaching privacy. Therefore, it's unlikely the contents will be fully reviewed by an actual person unless they detect it via software, or get a report from the person you send it to. However, you should read the Privacy Policy to clarify this.

For the woods, dress in black or dark clothing, with as much as your body covered as possible. Hoodies, sunglasses, masks, boots, long sleeves, etc. Or, you can try and camouflage with the tree. What country and/or state are you in? That would likely influence the laws on body donation. Good luck.

FreedomInDeath

FreedomInDeath

Ready to leave
Jan 6, 2020
A lo of places do not accept autopsied bodies and most CTB and unknown deaths are autopsied. I mean they even autopsy hangings and stuff that is obvious even if it is a CTB situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: autumnal
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
US article on donating body to science

CatchTheBus

CatchTheBus

If I could start over, I’d keep myself
Jan 14, 2020
Do you have an advanced directive? That's the best way to know for sure what will happen to your body. Sometimes wills aren't read right away, sometimes weeks after burial/cremation. My advance directive has the exact address of where my body will go. I'm doing a natural burial, so my body will literally be placed directly into the ground, no casket, no embalming, just me and the earth so I can rot. It's also already paid for...so my family won't have to worry about expenses.

Reactions: a.h, autumnal and mesohappy
T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
Do you have an advanced directive? That's the best way to know for sure what will happen to your body. Sometimes wills aren't read right away, sometimes weeks after burial/cremation. My advance directive has the exact address of where my body will go. I'm doing a natural burial, so my body will literally be placed directly into the ground, no casket, no embalming, just me and the earth so I can rot. It's also already paid for...so my family won't have to worry about expenses.

Thank you so much for the info!

I don't have an advanced directive at the moment.
If I understood correctly, an advanced directive is basically a will that appoints a person to make decisions on my behalf in case of disability or death? I have to look how it works in Canada.

As long as my death goes unnoticed for couple of days, I'll be fine with it. I don't want my loved ones to know about me ctb in case they prevent me from doing so.
A lo of places do not accept autopsied bodies and most CTB and unknown deaths are autopsied. I mean they even autopsy hangings and stuff that is obvious even if it is a CTB situation.
Thank you for the helpful reply!

I guess then my only option is cremation.
I have to look how its done.
I'm guessing I can leave a note/will to my loved ones to take care of the procedure?

Last edited:
Reactions: a.h
CatchTheBus

CatchTheBus

Jan 14, 2020
"As we discussed in the preceding sections, advance directives are a key part of end-of-life planning. Not only do they help ensure that your medical care wishes are carried out regardless of your physical condition, they also reduce the burden of your loved ones after your death."

There is a section in most directives that let you write out your burial plans and some even have a section that allows you to "check" that you want to be donated to science.

mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
If your body is not located for some time (as you wish),medical science donation doesnt want it from my research..I didnt research very deeply though..

Reactions: Ocean_Eyes and autumnal
T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
Before donating your body, I highly suggest looking at this. This is not the only one that has done this https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ankenstein-donation-center-fbi-found-n1035131

It's like with what is going now with the sickness. The CDC wants some who gotten better after being sick to donate some of their blood to help make the cure based on their antibodies. The reality of it is yes, they will try. But you will also have a few companies making literal millions on it, while you get a pat on the head 'for doing your part". You won't even be a foot note in history.

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
Now that is a good question. That I would do. I would feel like I could help people even if it means I was just used in a gross anatomy class.

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
"As we discussed in the preceding sections, advance directives are a key part of end-of-life planning. Not only do they help ensure that your medical care wishes are carried out regardless of your physical condition, they also reduce the burden of your loved ones after your death."

There is a section in most directives that let you write out your burial plans and some even have a section that allows you to "check" that you want to be donated to science.

Thank you for the clarification!

Sorry, one more question:
I was reading that I have to download some forms and fill them. Once I appoint the person to make critical decisions on my behalf, that person has to sign and fill other information.

One problem I've got here is: none of my loved ones would approve or accept my decision to ctb and most likely they'll prevent me.

Can I assign a loved one as an advanced directive without their signature/approval?

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
If your body is not located for some time (as you wish),medical science donation doesnt want it from my research..I didnt research very deeply though..

Thank you!
I've made my decision and I've decided to go with cremation instead of donating to science or traditional burial.
It seems to me that cremation is affordable and in case if my loved ones move, they can always have my ashes with them.
I'll be leaving them all of my savings and I'd rather use a tiny portion of that money(around $2000 or less) for my cremation and leave the rest for them.

I'll start looking for local crematoriums around my area.
I was wondering:
What should I watch out for?
What scams does this industry utilize and how can I be informed?
How can I lower the cost of my cremation and what services are necessary/useless?
Before donating your body, I highly suggest looking at this. This is not the only one that has done this https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ankenstein-donation-center-fbi-found-n1035131

It's like with what is going now with the sickness. The CDC wants some who gotten better after being sick to donate some of their blood to help make the cure based on their antibodies. The reality of it is yes, they will try. But you will also have a few companies making literal millions on it, while you get a pat on the head 'for doing your part". You won't even be a foot note in history.

Wow!
Thank you for pointing that out!

CatchTheBus

CatchTheBus

Jan 14, 2020
There is the option of being donated to a body farm as well...there are a lot more options than most people realize. Cremation, aquamation, donating to science, donating to a body farm, natural burial, traditional burial, etc. I'm big into "death positivity" so I probably know way too much about this stuff...
You DO NOT need to buy a casket to be cremated. Do not let them talk you into buying one! They can literally cremate you in a cardboard box...Cremation varies in price by place. Also, you don't need to be embalmed to be cremated. That's just another way for them to make money.

Last edited:
Reactions: autumnal and Thanatos123
Thinking Beyond

Thinking Beyond

Mar 27, 2020
I'll be ctb around the end of June/early July and I'll be using the night night method.
I will probably buy a tent and go to a conservation area/woods and end my life there.
I'm currently preparing to leave my savings to my loved ones using the handwritten will method(approved in Ontario Canada).

From my understanding, I think my loved ones will be paying yearly property taxes for my burial which I'm assuming it will be very expensive. I'd like to take away that burden by donating my body to science/research.

I'm assuming the only institutions that would accept a fairly healthy body would be universities and clinics?
How can I approach such institutions?
Can I write a will?

Regarding my ctb in the woods/conservation area:
How can I avoid suspicion?
I'd like to make my body difficult to find(at least for a week).

I will be using FutureME or similar service to send an email to a loved one and let them know I ctb.
In the email I will have a password for my loved one to unlock a PDF/Doc explaining why I did what I did.
The email will also contain instructions of where to find the handwritten will.
Would the email service block or prevent my email in any way from reaching the intended contact if I mention anything among the lines of ctb?

What else should I consider in this situation?
Sorry for bothering you with all these questions, but yesterday I was able to find my carotid arteries and I applied pressure with my thumbs and I passed out.
Your lucky a lot of people can't get this method right. Personally I wanna be cryogenically frozen and wake up in the space age.

CatchTheBus

CatchTheBus

Jan 14, 2020
Thank you for the clarification!

Sorry, one more question:
I was reading that I have to download some forms and fill them. Once I appoint the person to make critical decisions on my behalf, that person has to sign and fill other information.

One problem I've got here is: none of my loved ones would approve or accept my decision to ctb and most likely they'll prevent me.

Can I assign a loved one as an advanced directive without their signature/approval?
I appointed my fiancé without his signature...I keep a copy of my directive in my files and one in my freezer and I'll mail one to my fiancé when I finally ctb in four days.

Reactions: Thanatos123
T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
Your lucky a lot of people can't get this method right. Personally I wanna be cryogenically frozen and wake up in the space age.
I have a thin neck.
I used to have a thick neck three years ago, but then I lost a ton of weight when I started doing Keto.
I hope this method will work for me!
Yesterday I spent at least an hour looking for a conservation area/woods that allow tents but I haven't found anything yet.
I have to buy a tent and go from there I guess.
Before I leave, I have to put things in order to make sure my loved ones will get the money I'll be leaving them.
I appointed my fiancé without his signature...I keep a copy of my directive in my files and one in my freezer and I'll mail one to my fiancé when I finally ctb in four days.

I guess I'll do something similar.
I will email a loved one after I ctb using a delayed email service to let the loved one know where to find the will and the advanced directive.

I hope you find peace!

Last edited:
Reactions: a.h and CatchTheBus