Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I just thought I would share this funny strip about people trying to offer unhealthy platitudes to people who are going through stuff that they have little to no control over.

Funny

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Seafoam, katagiri83 and 3 others
Deadly_Intention

Deadly_Intention

Apr 10, 2021
That actually put a small smile on my face. I haven't smiled in a while so this was welcomed, thank you

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk and Lost Magic
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Thank you for sharing this. I wish you the best.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I just thought I would share this funny strip about people trying to offer unhealthy platitudes to people who are going through stuff that they have little to no control over.

View attachment 87601
There is truth in this but people who offer ineffective but well-meaning advice are at least attempting to care, and that should count for something- intent matters a lot. An expression of caring still matters, even if the person;s advice is poor because they don't understand the problem.

Reactions: Cronetappingout, myopybyproxy and katagiri83
katagiri83

katagiri83

Like tears in rain
Jan 4, 2022
There is truth in this but people who offer ineffective but well-meaning advice are at least attempting to care, and that should count for something- intent matters a lot. An expression of caring still matters, even if the person;s advice is poor because they don't understand the problem.
This is true some of the times, although the complete opposite is correct as well. Majority of instances, these empty platitudes are also simply a "conscience-massage".

Reactions: _Minsk and myopybyproxy