LifeQuitter

LifeQuitter

Student
Jul 11, 2024
It used to be good before I crossed the line of awareness and realized that life is pointless. Ever since then I just think why bother if nothing really matters?

Reactions: divinemistress36, Praestat_Mori, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020

• Love
Reactions: 27ClubSoon, divinemistress36, LifeQuitter and 1 other person
po1sentree

po1sentree

ᠭᠤᠨᠢᠭᠲᠠᠢ
Sep 14, 2024
I don't think I can truly enjoy life. It's a constant fight for me, and I barely manage to stay strong. Brief moments of peace occur, but they're very rare. Most of the time, I feel numb. I don't know if that's a kind of pleasure, or if it's just how I deal with this pain. Sometimes, I wish I could feel something, anything, other than this overwhelming emptiness.

Reactions: divinemistress36, LifeQuitter and Praestat_Mori
lamargue

lamargue

sleepwalker
Jun 5, 2024
it has its moments but in general i derive no pleasure from it. i hold too much antipathy

Reactions: damienlerone03, divinemistress36, LifeQuitter and 2 others
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
About 95% less than I used to

Reactions: LifeQuitter and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I enjoyed my life. Most of my life has been good but after a big failure in life everything went downhill. I didn't enjoy this life at all after the failure. For now it seems my life quality doesn't decline further. I can't say that I really enjoy my life rn but I would enjoy it if I could do the things I want to do. Well, yeah, I could enjoy my life again but due to circumstances mainly of financial nature it's not as enjoyable as I wish it to be but it's still too good to just off myself.

Reactions: po1sentree, divinemistress36 and LifeQuitter
Whatislife...

Whatislife...

Apr 7, 2022
Yeah life sucks, you either get lucky and have a good life or don't. Either way you work until you inevitably die; it's all meaningless.

J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I enjoy some things, nature, the woods, the ocean, music, birds nurturing their young. Mostly, I do not enjoy other people though, and I'm one of them - people. Not easy to live each day. But one day, the days will end.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think some people pretend to be more ok they than are because, that's expected of them. But, they may not actually be as bad as suicidal. They may still find life difficult but still find enough things they enjoy or even want to do- to work towards enjoying to keep going.

I think a lot of people here have got to the point where they don't enjoy things- anhedonia. They may not even have stuff they even want to do now. Or, what they truly want feels impossible.

Looking back, I think I've always found life difficult. Even as a child, I worried like mad about things. Plus, I lost 3 close family members by the time I was 10, so it wasn't the greatest start. I've enjoyed bits of life but the majority of it, I really could have done without!

Reactions: NoPoint2Life
vanillamilkshakes

vanillamilkshakes

Aspiring Corpse
Aug 26, 2024
I only find some kind of peace when I'm alone in my room.

DontTouchMeImFamous

DontTouchMeImFamous

Jul 18, 2024
do something weird. learn a language or something. idk what kind of environment you live in, but go to like the park or something and just people watch. it sounds boring but i like seeing what people do in their day to day. it's like i dont exist for a moment. i can just watch and do nothing else.

its not all bad you just have to find one thing at the least.
It's terrible to feel invisible and unseen and discover how fucking lonely you are while seeing people happy with their friends and families. And it's even worse if you come everyday and people start to recognize you and feel bad for you for being lonely. Terrible advice to be honest.

A

annikae

Aug 16, 2024
Do people actually enjoy life or do they pretend to? I can no longer remember a single moment in my life of true happiness. Now that I think about it, my life's been awfully boring and meaningless. And it feels as if life gets more boring everyday. I have to be in places I don't want be in, around people that I don't want to be around, doing shit I don't want to do for five days a week, to then play videogames or watch dumb shit on YouTube as I eat junk food on the weekends because I've no social life. As I'm writing this, it is currently a sunday afternoon and I'm so bored I could let someone physically torture me to distract me from the feeling of emptiness. It's that bad.
I used to enjoy life until 18 years old , at 15 I was the happiest person you could ever meet. After 18 every year was worse that the year before. But these last 4 year man....better catch that fucking bus.

Professor K

Professor K

your eyes vacant and stained
Feb 9, 2023
I do sometimes,
Life is beautiful, life is simple.
Only we human have made it complicated because we're invariably driven by passions.

I feel that I have sort of a double personality:
-cynical, hating society and culture, hating the fact that we have to conform to a shitty and collapsing system that largely benefits the wrong people.

-recognizing the many simple beauties of life :
nature, animals, insects, weathers, seasons, sun, moon, rain, wind, movement, sensations, warmth, music, art and all creative expressions, love, youth, laugh(...)
These things are the most real out of all the other man-made clusterfuck of delusions, which makes them even prettier and even more valuable to my eyes.

I believe it is all a matter of perspective: do you see the glass half full or half empty?
I see it half full and as for the empty, painful, bitter rest, I consider it a friend as well.
Why? Because without this crappy side, I can't appreciate the little sparkles, often left ignored by humans nowadays.

Actually, as an artist, negative emotions and societal issues fuel half of my inspirations: anger, scorn, frustration, hopelessness, suffering(...) are all good to take!

G

Glazed_Orange

Aug 27, 2024
Do people actually enjoy life or do they pretend to? I can no longer remember a single moment in my life of true happiness. Now that I think about it, my life's been awfully boring and meaningless. And it feels as if life gets more boring everyday. I have to be in places I don't want be in, around people that I don't want to be around, doing shit I don't want to do for five days a week, to then play videogames or watch dumb shit on YouTube as I eat junk food on the weekends because I've no social life. As I'm writing this, it is currently a sunday afternoon and I'm so bored I could let someone physically torture me to distract me from the feeling of emptiness. It's that bad.
This is exactly how I feel! Just meaningless and pointless, there's no joy. It turned to ashes long ago.