ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
This is a recent documentary on ai, quite comprehensive as it covers aspects from job displacement to the Orwellian implications, as both the U.S. and China lead the way.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
S

Shakespear's Brother

Sep 10, 2019
It's curious to me how so many in the US truly believe that the constitution is going to protect them from things like AI and mass surveillance.

Reactions: eSpJon, Qdv and ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
It's curious to me how so many in the US truly believe that the constitution is going to protect them from things like AI and mass surveillance.
Good question. As things stand right now the Constitution is mere words anyway seeing how government has become so corrupt.

Reactions: Shakespear's Brother
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019

I don't know anyone who believes that honestly. Everyone I know thinks the constitution is antiquated. The Patriot Act has nullified most of the constitutional rights since 9/11. The act itself was only meant to be temporary and expires at the end of each year unless put into continuation, which the US gov rubber stamps it for each year.

AI is coming in a big bad way and there's really nothing that can be done to stop it. The biggest opponents of it such as Elon Musk even realize this fact and are actively funding it. 5G is even being considered as the baseline infrastructure for what's coming. Singularity in general will be here much sooner then any of us realize.

S

Shakespear's Brother

Sep 10, 2019
As things stand right now the Constitution is mere words anyway seeing how government has become so corrupt.
Yes. I am so flummoxed as to how so many people still so truly believe it affords them absolute rights that will protect them from the type of danger inherent in AI and mass surveillance.

Or those who shrug and say, "well, I have nothing to hide," and install a Ring doorbell surveillance system paired with an Alexa.

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
These problems will be eventually solved....
My spiritual teacher, Barry Long, stated that there will be a monumental wipeout on such a major scale that it will literally transform the human psyche in a deep way. This will eventually allow a new consciousness on this earth....

He has a detailed explanation of the process here :
It runs over several pages..... (hit "Continues" links at the end of each page)

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Yes. I am so flummoxed as to how so many people still so truly believe it affords them absolute rights that will protect them from the type of danger inherent in AI and mass surveillance.

Or those who shrug and say, "well, I have nothing to hide," and install a Ring doorbell surveillance system paired with an Alexa.
Agreed. Or they will rationalize the corruption by saying something stupid like : "Well at least it's not as bad as Liberia"
These problems will be eventually solved....
My spiritual teacher, Barry Long, stated that there will be a monumental wipeout on such a major scale that it will literally transform the human psyche in a deep way. This will eventually allow a new consciousness on this earth....

He has a detailed explanation of the process here :
It runs over several pages..... (hit "Continues" links at the end of each page)
I suspect that the only way to fix this upcoming shit is via pushing the reset button, and could very well be in the way you describe.

Reactions: Shakespear's Brother
justwhy?

justwhy?

Student
Sep 27, 2019
Not sure myself. I think some of the talk of AI is over hyped so we embrace the notion of our own redundance.