BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
The video game is mindless and helps keep my brain from rotting - because that's a really painful, torturous feeling. I'm just too exhausted. I can do the bare minimum at home but that's it. Everything is too much and I feel even more wiped out after doing anything.

I'm on the verge of losing my job again because my depression is keeping me from being able to work. I'm dreading tomorrow because I have to work... But I haven't been able to work more than 2 hours of a workday in three or four weeks. They keep sending me home because I just can't do it.

I'm so inadequate, lazy, and pathetic. People bought me gifts for my birthday like a sketchbook, but I don't have the ability to sit up and draw right now. I can't read. All I can do is play the damn video game. This is Hell.

• Hugs
Reactions: FusRohDracarys, TheSoulless, crybaby and 1 other person
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I can relate to you.
I'd like to think putting on a smile, being functional at work over the long run isn't as easy as it seems
since people tend constantly having to cope with different forms of stress while at work and outside work.
I regard playing video game as one of many reasonable forms of coping mechanism.
We are not invincible.

Speaking for myself I've had problems with being productive at work when I feel stressed.

I say be kind to yourself and know its okay to take breaks if you feel like you need to.
But do stick to the job because from my personal experience if you push through it, it saves a hassle of having to get another job.
Though it doesn't mean we cant recover from it.

Don't force yourself into things if you need time-off thats my advice.

Reactions: crybaby