OnlyMercy

OnlyMercy

No More
Oct 23, 2018
I'm sorry for all the struggles you have. I have also lost my husband. I've had difficult life circumstances and he was the one brightness in my life. Now hes gone and I feel like I cannot go on.
Like you I'm tired of people saying "Dont give up!". Its so empty. Because they say it but then walk away and leave it at that. As if those words will somehow change things for me.
I'm sorry for the loss of your husband. And for the difficult life you have experienced. Feel free to pm or chat anytime. ❤❤❤

Take care.
I think most people who proclaim "don't give up" do so out of an undiagnosed sadistic mentality that seeks to lessen the blow of their own suffering by witnessing the prolonged greater suffering of another. It is just assumed that one must never give up and continue to suffer insurmountable and unfathomable pain with no loss of enthusiasm as if one is some robot with no limits. Every living creature has it's limits beyond which no further pain can be tolerated.

• Love
Reactions: AnnaJaspers, BlueWidow, FTL.Wanderer and 1 other person
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Yes, I just saw my sister-in-law and went out with her and a friend of hers for breakfast this morning. It was my first time going out of the house for more than a short trip to the grocery store in about two months.
On the way home, my sister-in-law kept telling me that I should get out and walk and start moving around and I would feel better. Mind you, every time she says that, she also adds that she needs to get out and walk too—but she doesn't do it. It's easy for her to tell me to get out and walk when:

1) she always adds that she's not willing to do it herself

2) she has no concept of how exhausted and dizzy I am and if I did try to go outside and walk, I would most likely pass out and be found by someone who would call 911 and then I would end up in the hospital. This would totally bankrupt me and make what is a bad situation for me a million times worse.

If it were only a matter of moving around more, I wouldn't be in the condition that I'm in!
It's another one of those stupid "easy fix" suggestions that people make to you when they don't have any clue what they're talking about and they just want to dismiss your situation as unimportant. I'm so sick of this crap! Then she started in about how I should come to her house for Thanksgiving. I told her I intended to spend it by myself. She told me she'd ask me again later, like that's going to change my answer.
She also wants me to go with her somewhere else next week. She seems to have no clue how exhausting it is for me to go out anywhere. I keep telling her I can't do whatever it is that she's asking me to do because of how exhausted it makes me, but she just seems to be completely clueless or unconcerned about how it affects me. She keeps asking me to do things that I've told her over and over again that I either can't do or don't want to do. It's like I'm talking to a brick wall. She doesn't hear what I'm saying unless it's what she wants to hear. People keep bugging me and asking me why I don't go out more, etc. I always dread it when people ask me how I am because I know they don't really want to know how I am. They want me to say that I'm fine so they can quickly change the subject. If I start talking about how I really am they start making all kinds of stupid suggestions about things that I should be doing to make myself feel better, like I'm not smart enough to think of these stupid simplistic solutions that don't work on my own. If any of these simple solutions worked, I wouldn't be having the problems I'm having. I would've been better by now! It's just infuriating! :angry:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: truthseeker, FTL.Wanderer and LMLN
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
If it were only a matter of moving around more, I wouldn't be in the condition that I'm in!
It's another one of those stupid "easy fix" suggestions that people make to you when they don't have any clue what they're talking about and they just want to dismiss your situation as unimportant.

Wholeheartedly agree! Of course, we're not allowed to say that out loud. Because, you know, it's just our attitude that's at fault... We don't look like anything's wrong so we must be making it all up... <Eye roll>

• Love
Reactions: truthseeker and BlueWidow