Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
He's a stray that found respite in my room. He first stumbled upon me 7 years ago. I doted him like how I wanted to be doted myself. He never left my side ever since.

A few weeks ago, I entered some sort of psychosis and was unable to do the most basic human function myself. Good thing for my cat, he was a stray that knew how to scavenge/hunt. He survived on his own while I was not feeling well. But his frame visible shrunk.

I'm just afraid of what would happen to him without me. He was a stray but he had soften up from is indoor life and neuter procedure. I've asked acquaintances and relatives to look after him to no avail. My country doesn't have an ethical animal shelter where they hold on to animals for adoption. Strays are often left on the street or euthanized by the local pound.

I just don't want him to think he has been left behind, thrown away, forgotten, or what not. I want him to have the big nap somewhere he is familiar instead of living through hardships in the streets or dying alone in a sterile environment. The best thing I can do for him is to be my his side through everything.

Then I can die in peace knowing I truly have nothing to leave behind.

Where do you live that there are no vets near you? You're asking us what us the best way for YOU to kill this cat personally? OMG! Look up organizations near you that foster animals. Please don't do this. You honestly can't walk into a get with him in a box and they can find a place to send him to? Don't give up on him. I'm an avid animal lover and I'm sure there are others here who are too. I just can't see this poor cat being killed.

OMG I just read what you tried to do to your cat and it made me irate.

if you are anywhere in north america i can rehome your cat
Doubt she's in America because this would not happen in America.there are tons of places to re-home a cat in America.
Doubt she's I America because this would happen in America.
Where do you live? Let me try to help the cat so the sweetheart has a chance to live.
She won't answer to anyone where she lives.
Where do you live? Let me try to help the cat so the sweetheart has a chance to live.

Last edited:
Reactions: I'm exhausted
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
Welcome back home, @Severen

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Severen
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Welcome back home, @Severen
Thanks. I'm mostly just passing through though. And cats have short life spans(only around 16 or 17 years usually) and their lives are probably awesome if they have a good owner so I couldn't resist posting. They seem to find almost everything, entertaining. I check my PMs here often though so feel free to PM me.

Reactions: inconsequential_, not-2-b-the-answer and Kikoo Loool
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I'm so sad to hear your story. I love animals … especially cats. I don't have one anymore. I would love to but since I'm hoping to CTB soon I don't want to have to be forced to do what you may have to do.
I truly hope you can find someone online to take your cat in. :hug:

Reactions: Woodnote and Kikoo Loool
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I hope it doesn't, but what if your next attempt is not successful - then you will miss your cat so much.

I would probably advise letting the cat take its chances again as a stray, if you cannot rehome. I totally see why you want to avoid potential suffering for your cat though. How do strays live in your area? Do they manage to eat and stay alive? If he/she has done this before, then he/she can do it again.

T

Talokin

May 17, 2019
It makes me sad how many people have responded to you by saying " please bring your cat to a shelter." You clearly stated that this is NOT an option where you live.
Maybe if you told us the part of the world you live in, more people would understand your problem. (You love your cat, but are being realistic about your options.)

My cat is not an inconvenience. I never said he was. He's the light of my life. That's why I am so concerned of that will happen to him if I left him all alone.

I have mentioned before that there is no no-kill shelter from where I am. I don't want him to think I've given up on him and let him die in a sterile environment.

I've also sought people to look after him. But because he was feral and a mutt, nobody expresses intereste in looking after him.

S

sooverallthingslife

Dec 15, 2019
I plan on CTB via CO poisoning and I am taking my cat with me.
Selfish, probably, but she has been my best friend and I hers for the last 12 years. There's no way she'd be mad at me for not wanting her to suffer in a shelter, and worse, without the only human she's ever known. We are a team!!