S

Self-elimination

Nov 6, 2019
He's a stray that found respite in my room. He first stumbled upon me 7 years ago. I doted him like how I wanted to be doted myself. He never left my side ever since.

A few weeks ago, I entered some sort of psychosis and was unable to do the most basic human function myself. Good thing for my cat, he was a stray that knew how to scavenge/hunt. He survived on his own while I was not feeling well. But his frame visible shrunk.

I'm just afraid of what would happen to him without me. He was a stray but he had soften up from is indoor life and neuter procedure. I've asked acquaintances and relatives to look after him to no avail. My country doesn't have an ethical animal shelter where they hold on to animals for adoption. Strays are often left on the street or euthanized by the local pound.

I just don't want him to think he has been left behind, thrown away, forgotten, or what not. I want him to have the big nap somewhere he is familiar instead of living through hardships in the streets or dying alone in a sterile environment. The best thing I can do for him is to be my his side through everything.

Then I can die in peace knowing I truly have nothing to leave behind.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WaitingAround2Die, not-2-b-the-answer, Sweet emotion and 7 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Go to a shelter. Tell them you are moving away and cannot take the cat.
They can work on finding a new human companion.

Reactions: WaitingAround2Die, enigmática saudade, UninformedLover and 4 others
Gettingtothepointjes

Gettingtothepointjes

Nov 29, 2019
That's so sad sorry to hear. I too have a cat but could never imagine ending his life for him. Is there nobody that can take the cat for you or look after him/her while you are "away".

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, andy69 and MissNietzsche
Sunshine

Sunshine

Student
Jan 11, 2019

Did you even read what OP said about shelters?

Reactions: Talokin, justwhy?, Woodnote and 3 others
S

Self-elimination

Nov 6, 2019

There is no shelter available from where I am. Unwanted pets are seen as strays. And strays are pests.

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
SoupSnakes

SoupSnakes

Experienced
Nov 11, 2019
Please please please do not do that. Take him to a shelter and they will work on finding someone for him to live with. There must be a shelter somewhere near you that would take him. Or a friend/family?

Reactions: hopelessandbroken and TimeToBiteTheDust
S

Self-elimination

Nov 6, 2019
That's so sad sorry to hear. I too have a cat but could never imagine ending his life for him. Is there nobody that can take the cat for you or look after him/her while you are "away".

Unfortunately, all of my acquaintances or relatives I have asked can look after him. He's a mutt and not a fancy breed of cat so nobody is really interested.

• Aww..
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
There is no shelter available from where I am. Unwanted pets are seen as strays. And strays are pests.
Not a lot of options. Is freedom viable? The cat found you. Maybe it can find someone else.

Reactions: ArtVandelay
Gettingtothepointjes

Gettingtothepointjes

Nov 29, 2019
Unfortunately, all of my acquaintances or relatives I have asked can look after him. He's a mutt and not a fancy breed of cat so nobody is really interested.
I know the feeling. I don't know where you live but in my town I can use this page on Facebook for rehoming animals in my county. Just explain you're looking for a new home for your fur baby. I hope you can find another way.

• Hugs
G

Ghosted

I was never really here.
Nov 22, 2019
Have you tried googling no-kill shelters for your country or for international agencies that can help you?

Please don't kill your cat.

Reactions: DepressionsAHo, kkatt, ArtVandelay and 2 others
S

Self-elimination

Nov 6, 2019
Nitrogen gas and Carbon monoxide gas are completely painless and peaceful ways to die.

I've tried carbon monoxide with my cat in an enclosed room before. The ol'bucket of charcoal in a corner of a small room. I just gave me a helluva headache and drowsiness. My cat also survived. I just felt bad that he might also felt pain from that.
Not a lot of options. Is freedom viable? The cat found you. Maybe it can find someone else.

I really wish he could. But what if he doesn't and die in the streets from diseases and starvation?

• Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Sweet emotion
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I've tried carbon monoxide with my cat in an enclosed room before. The ol'bucket of charcoal in a corner of a small room. I just gave me a helluva headache and drowsiness. My cat also survived. I just felt bad that he might also felt pain from that.

I really wish he could. But what if he doesn't and die in the streets from diseases and starvation?
You are the first person that i've seen that has reported pain in carbon monoxide exposure. What level was your pain from 1-10? Carbon monoxide is called the silent killer because so many die without noticing it and is why they use so many carbon monoxide alarms to warn of its presence as there is no warning.

You have to get the concentration of carbon monoxide very high to cause rapid unconsciousness.

Same with nitrogen gas.

If the concentration is high enough then you will be unconscious very rapidly in seconds with no pain.

Last edited:
S

Self-elimination

Nov 6, 2019
I know the feeling. I don't know where you live but in my town I can use this page on Facebook for rehoming animals in my county. Just explain you're looking for a new home for your fur baby. I hope you can find another way.

I don't have Facebook. But I'll try setting up one to see into that.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, lightsoutnow, Gettingtothepointjes and 1 other person
APharmaDestroyedLife

APharmaDestroyedLife

Your RX drugs are likely your real problem
Nov 4, 2019
Give him / her to a rescue, join an adoption geoup on Facebook, lots of people are willing to take in and care for animals regardless of their breed, and a ton of also almost effortless resources at your fingertios. Worst case scenario you go to the vet and have the animal "put to sleep"

I am an animal rights person so I dont agree with putting an animal down because they have become inconvenient, but If that is what you decide just take them to the vet.

Last edited:
S

Self-elimination

Nov 6, 2019
Give him / her to a rescue, join an adoption geoup on Facebook, lots of people are willing to take in and care for animals regardless of their breed, and a ton of also almost effortless resources at your fingertios. Worst case scenario you go to the vet and have the animal "put to sleep"

I am an animal rights activist so I dont agree with putting an animal down because they have become inconvenient, but If that is what you decide just take them to the vet.
My cat is not an inconvenience. I never said he was. He's the light of my life. That's why I am so concerned of that will happen to him if I left him all alone.

I have mentioned before that there is no no-kill shelter from where I am. I don't want him to think I've given up on him and let him die in a sterile environment.

I've also sought people to look after him. But because he was feral and a mutt, nobody expresses intereste in looking after him.

• Aww..
Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
Can you take him to a vet? That's the only way to make sure it's done in a humane way. I really suggest trying to find a home for him first though. Putting him down should be the last possible option.

Last edited:
G

Ghosted

I was never really here.
Nov 22, 2019
PM what country your in and I'll do some research. I have two cats of my own and they are my world. Please, let me help you.

And if you'd like to talk about anything, I'm here for that too.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Sunshine
APharmaDestroyedLife

APharmaDestroyedLife

Your RX drugs are likely your real problem
Nov 4, 2019
My cat is not an inconvenience. I never said he was. He's the light of my life. That's why I am so concerned of that will happen to him if I left him all alone.

I have mentioned before that there is no no-kill shelter from where I am. I don't want him to think I've given up on him and let him die in a sterile environment.

I've also sought people to look after him. But because he was feral and a mutt, nobody expresses intereste in looking after him.
Again there are plenty of groups on Facebook, you would be surprised at the amount of people would actually come to you. I drove 400 miles to get my dog and he was a wild dog living in the forest when they found him.

I dont question your love for your cat, but if your mind is made up and safest and most peaceful way is with a veterinarian, you can even find some that will come to you for an extra fee.

Worst case scenario even in a kill shelter the cat still has a chance. also if your cat is the light in your life, maybe you can just hold on to that light and find a way out of the situation you're in that is making you not want to be here, as long as there is light there is hope.

I wish you and your cat the best regardless of the choice you make for both of you.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, ArtVandelay, 837 and 2 others
Gettingtothepointjes

Gettingtothepointjes

Nov 29, 2019
Again there are plenty of groups on Facebook, you would be surprised at the amount of people would actually come to you. I drove 400 miles to get my dog and he was a wild dog living in the forest when they found him.

I dont question your love for your cat, but if your mind is made up and safest and most peaceful way is with a veterinarian, you can even find some that will come to you for an extra fee.

Worst case scenario even in a kill shelter the cat still has a chance. also if your cat is the light in your life, maybe you can just hold on to that light and find a way out of the situation you're in that is making you not want to be here, as long as there is light there is hope.

I wish you and your cat the best regardless of the choice you make for both of you.

This is true OP!!
My cat I adore to pieces is a black cat with half a tail. The owners didn't want him and kept their other cat with no explanation. I found him on Facebook on a local ad and I went and picked him up. He's happy and loved here now. Look at options on social media if you can.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and APharmaDestroyedLife
Sunshine

Sunshine

Student
Jan 11, 2019
PM what country your in and I'll do some research. I have two cats of my own and they are my world. Please, let me help you.

And if you'd like to talk about anything, I'm here for that too.

This! Please talk to this user, I'm sure there can be a way. There have to be some organizations even in your country that help cats, right? And if they need a fee or a ticket or anything, I'm sure we can put some money together. I'm willing to donate myself too if that's what it takes to help your cat as long as it was confirmed that it's going to this cause.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, APharmaDestroyedLife and Ghosted
exhausted

exhausted

Experienced
Oct 22, 2019
Maybe sell him? Someone that is willing to pay money and has money to give is a potentially a decent owner.

Reactions: UninformedLover
RealLostSoul

RealLostSoul

once rock bottom, always rock bottom
Oct 11, 2019
Well, since humans are animals too, I wonder how people would react when someone would come up here and be ask what's the best ammunition type to kill and die in a mall shooting or whatever.

OP don't kill before you go, not because I'm religious etc. but I am very sure your cat would rather want to stay alive lol. Also, there is always a way, please find a place to put her. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and APharmaDestroyedLife
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
I understand a lot of people find their pets on Facebook and often for free. But then there is the expense of vax and neutering.
However,a good proportion of "free to a good home" kittens and puppies are snapped up by dog fighters for bait. This is how fighting dogs are trained.
Definitely look for a no kil shelter. Most will neuter/update shots and charge the new owner a nominal fee. Often they will also inspect a new home because they know full well not everyone's intentions are positive.

S

Self-elimination

Nov 6, 2019
You are the first person that i've seen that has reported pain in carbon monoxide exposure. What level was your pain from 1-10? Carbon monoxide is called the silent killer because so many die without noticing it and is why they use so many carbon monoxide alarms to warn of its presence as there is no warning.

You have to get the concentration of carbon monoxide very high to cause rapid unconsciousness.

Same with nitrogen gas.

If the concentration is high enough then you will be unconscious very rapidly in seconds with no pain.

I feel asleep but woke up after a while with a killer headache. I've previously heard similar anecdotes from reddit's sanctionedsuicide when I posted my failed attempt there before it got banned.
I'd say the pain was around 4.5/10.

Btw, my 5/10 was a debilitating nerve pain that rendered me unable to walk (due to the pain) for a while.
I understand a lot of people find their pets on Facebook and often for free. But then there is the expense of vax and neutering.
However,a good proportion of "free to a good home" kittens and puppies are snapped up by dog fighters for bait. This is how fighting dogs are trained.
Definitely look for a no kil shelter. Most will neuter/update shots and charge the new owner a nominal fee. Often they will also inspect a new home because they know full well not everyone's intentions are positive.
My cat is fully vaccinated and was already neutured. I have attended to his most little needs and wants as much as I can. Unfortunately, the is NONE of what you call no-kill shelter from where I am.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
S

SawItOnce

Nov 13, 2019
It's an awful situation this one, so so sorry for you and your cat... The most accessible solution seems to be the Facebook thing, but the cat can easily fall in the hands of an unkind person this way as well. Maybe you can try that but with the condition of communicating with the person on the other end first, to *feel* them?.. I surely would dread to just trust that the cat will be treated well just because it was asked for or because they took the time to come and take it. Many people believe themselves to be kind and compassionate and describe themselves as such, in reality being neglectful or having a very poor understanding of the animal's needs.

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Woodnote
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
if you are anywhere in north america i can rehome your cat

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Final Escape
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
If you can get him rehomed in a loving environment then that would be the best option.
I guess you can just tell people that you have a terminal illness....

But otherwise, euthanasia is also a possible option in my view.
Repeat of part of a previous post I made :

And if not, then you can have him euthanised.
I know that sounds terrible, but in truth it isn't, because :

> It will be painless and peaceful, plus he'll be spared the unhapiness of having to miss you.
> He'll also be spared future suffering of ill health and cat old age.
> And even better, you both cross over together into the afterlife.....
> Plus a cat is a spiritual being, and that being would understand that you needed to do what you did, and that you took the best action for both of you.....

Note : I do have a cat that I love, so I'd like to think that I do understand....

If you were going with the euthanasia option then could you somehow find someone who is willing to help with that ?
Again, you could tell them that you have a terminal illness and you've been unable to find a suitable home, and so could someone assist with euthanasia, so you and your cat can pass over together....

:heart:

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Woodnote
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Find someone who loves cats and then offer to pay him or her some money to adopt your cat.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Final Escape and puppy9
Sunshine

Sunshine

Student
Jan 11, 2019
I feel asleep but woke up after a while with a killer headache. I've previously heard similar anecdotes from reddit's sanctionedsuicide when I posted my failed attempt there before it got banned.
I'd say the pain was around 4.5/10.

Btw, my 5/10 was a debilitating nerve pain that rendered me unable to walk (due to the pain) for a while.

My cat is fully vaccinated and was already neutured. I have attended to his most little needs and wants as much as I can. Unfortunately, the is NONE of what you call no-kill shelter from where I am.

Are there any shelters who would be willing to drive out to you or meet you halfway for money perhaps? What would that cost? Could we put money together as a community?

I

I'm exhausted

Living in constant fear. I need cats!!
Jul 12, 2019
Where do you live? Let me try to help the cat so the sweetheart has a chance to live.

Last edited: