• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Thinking about the future makes me scared. It fills me with dread and anxiety. Some members have been asking me what I will do if my mom kicks me out, and I don't even want to think about it. I just want to bury my head in the sand like an ostrich. Hopefully the future never comes. I'm just paralyzed with fear whenever I think of the future. I'm terrified of what's to come. I wish that time could stand still and I could stay in this moment forever. I don't want the future to come…

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, needsomeoptions, Praestat_Mori and 24 others
acephale

acephale

Miroir
May 12, 2024
I would rather lock the room, throw away the key, and die gradually than be homeless because I will probably steal food and end up in jail.

• Hugs
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, cymbaline23 and iloverachel
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I would rather lock the room, throw away the key, and die gradually than be homeless because I will probably steal food and end up in jail.
I'll probably ctb if my mom kicks me out. That will be the trigger. She threatens to kick me out and stop taking care of me and this just makes me scared and sad…I don't know what I'll do if I have to be on my own. I don't know why my mom doesn't like me because I do everything that she tells me to do. She says that she doesn't enjoy living with me because it's tiring and draining. She says that she doesn't know how long this can continue for (me living with her) and that she didn't envision herself still supporting me after I graduated college. She expected me to become independent

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, worthIess, cymbaline23 and 8 others
Konnsz

Konnsz

At the very end, you can only trust yourself.
Jan 2, 2023
Don't you have any possibilities? You could start planning from now if that happens just to be prepared....

Reactions: sserafim
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
I'll probably ctb if my mom kicks me out. That will be the trigger. She threatens to kick me out and stop taking care of me and this just makes me scared and sad…I don't know what I will do if I have to be on my own. I don't know why she doesn't like me because I do everything that she tells me to do. She says that she doesn't know how long this can continue for and that she didn't envision herself still supporting me after I graduated college. She expected me to become independent
Have you ever thought about finding online work or something that doesn't involve being around people? I know how dreadful it is and that you hate being a slave to the system but maybe that can help you avoid getting kicked out

Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Don't you have any possibilities? You could start planning from now if that happens just to be prepared....
I'm still thinking about it but I'm doing what she tells me to do, so I don't know why she wants to kick me out so badly. She says that if I want to live here (at home), I have to obey her rules and I *am*. Maybe she just doesn't like me…

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, derpyderpins, Konnsz and 1 other person
Konnsz

Konnsz

At the very end, you can only trust yourself.
Jan 2, 2023
I'm still thinking about it but I'm doing what she tells me to do, so I don't know why she wants to kick me out so badly. She says that if I want to live here (at home), I have to obey her rules and I *am*. Maybe she just doesn't like me…
There's more social cues that are involved when living with someone that are unspoken, maybe you struggle to see them.

I know you told me you were asexual and don't feel love, but what if you try to be a "stay-home" wife? What do you think about that?

Reactions: JKFleck, divinemistress36, sserafim and 1 other person
halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
Me too. Eventually in the next couple of years, I will have to move out. I am terrified of living on my own, my autism and mental illness makes it so difficult to function on my own. My quality of life on my own will be extremely poor, I don't know if there will be any choice but to ctb at that point. Yes I can apply for government assistance and supported living, but it isn't a guarantee and it may not be very helpful. I am unable to work full time, I don't think I will ever have the capacity to.

I just try to focus on the present so I don't stress myself into a panic attack, whatever happens happens and if worse comes to worst I can always ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: worthIess, cymbaline23, derpyderpins and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Have you ever thought about finding online work or something that doesn't involve being around people? I know how dreadful it is and that you hate being a slave to the system but maybe that can help you avoid getting kicked out
I'm thinking of learning programming to become a WFH programmer or something
There's more social cues that are involved when living with someone that are unspoken, maybe you struggle to see them.

I know you told me you were asexual and don't feel love, but what if you try to be a "stay-home" wife? What do you think about that?
Yeah, probably. I'm on the spectrum, so I struggle with social cues. Thanks for the suggestion but being a stay-at-home wife sounds like torture. I'm aromantic and I just want to be alone and in peace. I would hate to have to be around people all day. Being around my mom is enough for me. I wish that I could just be by myself. I'm being proactive by doing more chores recently but I still don't know what she wants or expects from me

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Konnsz and iloverachel
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
Thinking about the future makes me scared. It fills me with dread and anxiety. Some members have been asking me what I will do if my mom kicks me out, and I don't even want to think about it. I just want to bury my head in the sand like an ostrich. Hopefully the future never comes. I'm just paralyzed with fear whenever I think of the future. I'm terrified of what's to come. I wish that time could stand still and I could stay in this moment forever. I don't want the future to come…
Fear is powerful. I bug you so much because what you're describing sounds exactly like how I felt in law school, wishing every night that I could just die before things fell apart (I'd fail the bar, never get a job, get fired, etc. because I couldn't focus or study, and I'd be exposed as a fraud and be trapped back in the hell that would be living with my parents and no one would ever love me, so I would distract myself all day and panic most of the night until I passed out). I know no two situations are the same, I just want to let you know I don't for a second underestimate the pressure you feel, even if I can't fully understand. I think fear might be the most powerful motivator there is, which is awful, especially because it motivates us into inaction rather than action.

You're stronger than you think (although maybe not as perfect as you sometimes tell yourself). You're living with a type of pressure that most people never have to face, and you're still standing. You don't have to plan the future today. Just take a moment to appreciate yourself - not the fact that you think you're smart and pretty, but the fact that you are a person living with a lot of stressors who deserves some compassion and tranquility. You've earned a break, not from "work" or "labor", but from this fear. I'm always hoping you find it.

Thanks for the suggestion but being a stay-at-home wife sounds like torture. I just want to be alone and in peace. I would hate to have to be around people all day. Being around my mom is enough for me. I wish that I could just be by myself. I'm being proactive by doing more chores recently but I still don't know what she wants or expects from me
Unrelated to the above: I think when you're picturing being a stay-at-home wife you see yourself as a 1950s June Cleaver spending dusk-till-dawn in an apron meticulously dusting everything and preparing a three-course dinner for your classic man's-man husband all while keeping an eye on your multiple children, but there are other introverts out there who may want a relationship where there is a lot of alone time, doesn't want kids, and who doesn't have those types of expectations. What if it was your crush? You do want some human connection, but I think you're afraid of that, too. Not the connection itself, but the fact that you want it - that's what scares you.

• Love
Reactions: worthIess, ColorlessTrees and jar-baby
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Fear is powerful. I bug you so much because what you're describing sounds exactly like how I felt in law school, wishing every night that I could just die before things fell apart (I'd fail the bar, never get a job, get fired, etc. because I couldn't focus or study, and I'd be exposed as a fraud and be trapped back in the hell that would be living with my parents and no one would ever love me, so I would distract myself all day and panic most of the night until I passed out). I know no two situations are the same, I just want to let you know I don't for a second underestimate the pressure you feel, even if I can't fully understand. I think fear might be the most powerful motivator there is, which is awful, especially because it motivates us into inaction rather than action.

You're stronger than you think (although maybe not as perfect as you sometimes tell yourself). You're living with a type of pressure that most people never have to face, and you're still standing. You don't have to plan the future today. Just take a moment to appreciate yourself - not the fact that you think you're smart and pretty, but the fact that you are a person living with a lot of stressors who deserves some compassion and tranquility. You've earned a break, not from "work" or "labor", but from this fear. I'm always hoping you find it.

Unrelated to the above: I think when you're picturing being a stay-at-home wife you see yourself as a 1950s June Cleaver spending dusk-till-dawn in an apron meticulously dusting everything and preparing a three-course dinner for your classic man's-man husband all while keeping an eye on your multiple children, but there are other introverts out there who may want a relationship where there is a lot of alone time, doesn't want kids, and who doesn't have those types of expectations. What if it was your crush? You do want some human connection, but I think you're afraid of that, too. Not the connection itself, but the fact that you want it - that's what scares you.
The thing is that I don't want human connection though. I don't know why that's so hard to understand. I think I'm probably schizoid. I don't want a relationship. I just want to be alone in peace, without anyone else. I don't like people

Reactions: EmptyHeaded, divinemistress36, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
The thing is that I don't want human connection though. I don't know why that's so hard to understand. I think I'm probably schizoid
I'm always going to disagree with you on that so long as you post 20 times a day on here and interact with people. If you didn't want human connection you'd keep a diary. But, no, you feel powerful fear and have real concerns about your future and come on here to seek reactions and input and feedback on your most personal, innermost emotions and thoughts. Your actions are opposed to your words.
I'm probably schizoid.
I don't think self-diagnosing another condition when you are in a state of paralyzing fear of the future is wise.
I don't want a relationship
That's fine, and I'm not recommending you jump into one, just that you be realistic about what it could look like.

Reactions: ForgottenAgain, worthIess and eatantz
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I'm always going to disagree with you on that so long as you post 20 times a day on here and interact with people. If you didn't want human connection you'd keep a diary. But, no, you feel powerful fear and have real concerns about your future and come on here to seek reactions and input and feedback on your most personal, innermost emotions and thoughts. Your actions are opposed to your words.
Okay, maybe I want online connection but I definitely don't want in-person connection. I hate being around people in general. I don't like talking to or interacting with people. I don't know why the idea of wanting to be alone is alien to people

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, ijustwishtodie and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
Maybe I want online connection but I definitely don't want in-person connection. I hate being around people in general. I don't like talking to or interacting with people
Okay, that's at least some common ground. I would still say that of course you have a bad taste in your mouth about in-person interactions when the most intimate connection you have is with your mother who routinely belittles and shits on you. I'll admit I'm speculating, but I think you stick to online connections because they are "safe" (especially on here where you get largely positive feedback). It's a defense mechanism.

Reactions: worthIess
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I relate so much. I'm scared for my future too because of what I know I'll be forced to endure. I already get exhausted everyday despite doing nothing and I can't even comprehend the amount of fatigue and exhaustion I'll experience from working. Maybe NTs can handle working but I can't because I don't have the amount of energy or endurance as they do. Even if I did, I still wouldn't want to subject myself to decades of pointless work and suffering. I'd rather skip to being dead so that I don't have a future at all because I know my future will be shitty and not worth living. I think that anybody in my situation would kill themselves too.
I'll probably ctb if my mom kicks me out. That will be the trigger. She threatens to kick me out and stop taking care of me and this just makes me scared and sad…I don't know what I will do if I have to be on my own. I don't know why my mom doesn't like me because I do everything that she tells me to do. She says that she doesn't enjoy living with me because it's tiring and draining. She says that she doesn't know how long this can continue for (me living with her) and that she didn't envision herself still supporting me after I graduated college. She expected me to become independent
It's so annoying at how parents give birth to their own children and then expect them to be independent later in life. Why should we even be obligated to be independent when we never asked to be here to begin with? The social rules that humanity has makes no sense at all...

Reactions: worthIess, Vicolo cieco and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Okay, that's at least some common ground. I would still say that of course you have a bad taste in your mouth about in-person interactions when the most intimate connection you have is with your mother who routinely belittles and shits on you. I'll admit I'm speculating, but I think you stick to online connections because they are "safe" (especially on here where you get largely positive feedback). It's a defense mechanism.

I'm aromantic though and I've never wanted a relationship before. I don't care about love or romance. Being a housewife would be torture because I don't want a boyfriend or husband. I would hate to be bound or tied down to someone. I also just don't like people. I'm not sure if I'm asexual though

Last edited:
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
I've never wanted a relationship before. I don't care about love or romance.

Just a few from page 1 of 9 (search: posts by ssefarim, term "crush"). I'm sure labeling yourself asexual and aromantic isn't another defense mechanism because the idealized relationship you had in your head never came to fruition.

I'm sorry. I'm not being helpful and I should just mind my own damn business. We know the loop of these topics by now and you don't need any more stress.

Attachments

• 1715615364448.png
    1715615364448.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: worthIess
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
View attachment 139433
View attachment 139435
View attachment 139436

View attachment 139437
View attachment 139439

Just a few from page 1 of 9 (search: posts by ssefarim, term "crush"). I'm sure labeling yourself asexual and aromantic isn't another defense mechanism because the idealized relationship you had in your head never came to fruition.

I'm sorry. I'm not being helpful and I should just mind my own damn business. We know the loop of these topics by now and you don't need any more stress.
Okay, maybe I like the thought or *idea* of a relationship but I wouldn't want one in real life...

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Your mom is likely just bluffing in an attempt to goad you into doing what she wants. I've seen it before. Start throwing out suggestions that when she kicks you out you'll be a prostitute or something equally outrageous to scare her. Even if she says she doesn't care, the reality is she will but just won't say it.

In case she really does mean to kick you out and you plan to CTB, you're going to have to start actually planning it then. I know it's difficult because I can't even start my actual plans yet even though I've been meaning to do so for months but for you it's practical to at least prepare for the worst and start forming ideas of what method and location you plan to use as well as what other affairs you need in order to truly go out on your own terms as your last stand of your rebellion to society (if that's what you want). If you need to know what to prepare there's a book I already posted about that should help and is pretty common to find in libraries and stuff. You could start planning daily trips to libraries or cafes or something like that and bring a laptop or something and tell your mom you're trying to look for jobs when really you're doing whatever you feel like. It's not a permanent fix but at least it could help her get off your back for a while.

• Informative
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, divinemistress36 and sserafim
azad

azad

Vegetable
Nov 8, 2022
same. i fear more parental abuse and physical pain due to illness that is invevitable because i dont take care of myself

• Hugs
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui and worthIess
DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022

I don't think self-diagnosing another condition when you are in a state of paralyzing fear of the future is wise.

That's fine, and I'm not recommending you jump into one, just that you be realistic about what it could look like.
Definitely an attorney-esqe response.

• Aww..
Reactions: derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
Definitely an attorney-esqe response.
Ouch. (Thank you, though.)

I really want us to be friends, but that's no way to treat a friend. Someone's feelings aren't a debate topic. I need to stop treating it as such if they disagree with my opinion. I've been dealing with some stuff and felt powerless, so I'm more frustrated at my inability to help than anything. I hope she forgives me.

DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
Ouch. (Thank you, though.)

I really want us to be friends, but that's no way to treat a friend. Someone's feelings aren't a debate topic. I need to stop treating it as such if they disagree with my opinion. I've been dealing with some stuff and felt powerless, so I'm more frustrated at my inability to help than anything. I hope she forgives me.
Yours Truly, loyal and faithful friend of the court and friend of justice, I instinctively recognize professional legal writing and reasoning in a flash. It has it's own unique cold, cut and dry IFRAC style of writing that's hard to slip out of once you've been practicing and writing to death on behalf of your penniless vulnerable clients under the dark cloud of the RPC and disciplinary boards' merciless, menacing dark clouds of standards of conduct which are impossible to remain in compliance with, or at least content with, unless you have the luxury of a big ticket malpractice insurance bill to pay. Justice has no friends. Fuck Life.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I have friends and know of others who are still living with their parents and most of them have tried to get rid of them at some point. I don't think it's exactly that they don't like them- although, they would argue. I guess it's more that it wasn't what they were expecting. They probably weren't banking on having to financially support and care for their children in to adulthood. Of course- you can argue that this is more their fault. They ought to have considered that possibility. But, from their point of view, they just feel frustrated I suppose.

I think it does become a decision on whether you're willing to put up with all the guilt trips. She may never actually throw you out but she probably won't stop nagging you. You mentioned you were doing computer programing and enjoying it. Would you consider even part time work or trying to get an internship somewhere? To show some sort of willing? If I'm correct and you've never worked- how do you 100% know you're going to hate it? That said, I completely understand the dread and plenty of jobs do suck.

Really though- you're both using the same argument. She thinks you should be taking responsibilty for yourself because you're an adult now. You think that responsibility should still be hers- maybe be hers forever? Because she's your parent. It's hard to know who's right.

Obviously, your model wouldn't work beyond a generation or two. If all children refused to work and just used up all their parents money, they certainly wouldn't be able to sustain having children themselves. There again- I'm antinatilist so, I side more with you if I'm honest! I kind of wish I had that rebelious streak to go NEET and insist my parents take care of me. My guilt is too ingrained though.

Reactions: divinemistress36
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
For some of us (myself included) being a neet supported by parents is not an option.
Do you have any money?

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
Yours Truly, loyal and faithful friend of the court and friend of justice, I instinctively recognize professional legal writing and reasoning in a flash. It has it's own unique cold, cut and dry IFRAC style of writing that's hard to slip out of once you've been practicing and writing to death on behalf of your penniless vulnerable clients under the dark cloud of the RPC and disciplinary boards' merciless, menacing dark clouds of standards of conduct which are impossible to remain in compliance with, or at least content with, unless you have the luxury of a big ticket malpractice insurance bill to pay. Justice has no friends. Fuck Life.
Okay, I hate lawyers generally, but it sounds like you may have some deeper issues there.

I don't regret being good at being persuasive. I regret trying to persuade when it's not what she wanted and was struggling. She didn't ask if people thought she wanted human connections. She declared that she didn't. There is a time and place, and I jumped to problem solving when it wasn't productive.

Reactions: DeadManLiving
Spectre

Spectre

What would you do if when you okay so he said yes
Nov 27, 2023
I don't feel capable of long-term planning anymore. I'm just making rash decisions.

Reactions: divinemistress36