VoidDesirer22

VoidDesirer22

A dream inside a locked room
Sep 6, 2021
How do people not lose their minds working full time? I can only do it in bursts or else I feel like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. Fuck.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, finalexit, XIII and 16 others
mlha

mlha

Ex falso quodlibet
Nov 7, 2021
Yep, work just points out the pointlessness of living.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, XIII, not-2-b-the-answer and 9 others
Mynameisnotimportant

Mynameisnotimportant

4 years recovered. SS Vetran
Aug 21, 2018
Look into anti work. Bob black and other anarchist authors

• Hugs
Reactions: XIII, not-2-b-the-answer, RareSoul and 1 other person
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
I wish I was rich. Even working part-time with 4 days off was too exhausting for me. I can only realistically see myself working 1 day a week.

• Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, XIII, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Well for me work is ok, it's the taxes and social security payments I don't like. To have someone spend my hard cash earning on gold knows what.
I wish I was rich. Even working part-time with 4 days off was too exhausting for me. I can only realistically see myself working 1 day a week.
Ahh that would be my dream too.

• Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, myopybyproxy, demuic and 2 others
cambrai33

cambrai33

Traveller
Nov 3, 2021
Work is the only thing I know for certain has kept me alive. Having to get up, clean up and have a routine stopped me from an impulsive ctb because it gave me purpose.

Im lucky that I love my job, the rest is a bit of a car crash but actually when I'm at work my mind is focused elsewhere.

Sorry to hear it's shit for others, I do completely get it, my main career was punctured by times of complete trauma, fear and stress but that changed

Hope you find something that at least is tolerable

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Illcryaboutitlater, myopybyproxy and 3 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I wish I was living like in a thousand years from now. Like in sci-fi shows/movies where humans have moved beyond money and greedy and all that crap and spend their lives fulfilling what makes them happy and adding value to their and others existence.

I have had money and now do not, and I always say that one leaves with what one came with, ZERO sum.

I have met street people and billionaires and rich people can obtain goods and services that a street person cannot BUT from what I have seen they are no "happier" in the long run.

I was born and raised ultra-poor, and I was happy with simpler things growing up. Riding my horse, skiing in the winter, with homemade skies and swimming in the summer.

I send you lots of hugs and the knowledge that you are never alone and please have a great upcoming weekend.

Walter

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, Pluto, not-2-b-the-answer and 5 others
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
I feel like I am alive only to work for a job I don't care about to make payments and pay bills. It is one of the reasons I want to ctb

• Love
Reactions: Pluto, Nostalgic, not-2-b-the-answer and 7 others
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
And this is the main reason why I'm on this forum and one day will CTB

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, not-2-b-the-answer, OnlyTheWind and 2 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Im lucky that I love my job

You really are. I like only about 20% of the crap I do for a living, but at least I make more money than I deserve because my boss/benefactor really likes me, I occasionally get called a coordinator LoL, I don't have to leave my apartment & commute too often & I get to interact with fascinating, intelligent, desperate drunkies & junkies (comedians). I'm also very lucky that the gay mafia is a real thing in the ugliest, most polluted city in Europe famous for its Fashion Week & Opera House. Lots of elderly gentlemen tired of hundreds of perfect male models & starving for a bit of rough trade here. I've made the decision to completely sell my soul to those hilarious sleazy geezers in 2022 & start working as a full-time liaison between their world & mine. It goes without saying that both me & hubby are more than happy to dick them as long as we don't have to kiss them. FML... :ahhha:

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto, XIII and not-2-b-the-answer
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Working is just being a slave to the society. We were forced to exist and we have all these expectations and pressures placed on us. In my opinion, it is better to never exist in the first place. Life is just a pointless struggle until we finally die.

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, Pluto, XIII and 5 others
M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
Exactly.

Such a silly game we humans play.

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, Pluto and not-2-b-the-answer
P

Pattonman42

Dec 3, 2021
I used to be okay with it, to a certain extent. I think if we all lived in a perfect world, where people were able to actually pursue the careers they wanted and enjoyed, then no one would have an issue working - unfortunately we don't live in that world and due to attempting just to survive, most of us have to take on work that we don't gain any sort of enjoyment or fulfillment from. Why in the world would anyone actually want to work if they hate what they're doing, if it provides them nothing in return except for barely any monetary compensation? Like I said, I used to be okay with it. Working towards a goal of some sort, pretending and fooling myself into thinking that putting up with all the bullshit day-in/day-out would eventually be worth it. I don't think that way anymore. I just can't trick myself into going out and working just to acquire things, just to have things, to sustain myself when I don't even care to sustain myself any longer to be honest. It's all just so tiring.

Apologies for the ranting.

• Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, Pluto, XIII and 4 others
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Its a pointless and sick world, ******ALL****** about money. This website wouldn't even be available and stay online if it's services weren't paid on time. The place we're living in right this moment would kick us out in a heart beat and leave us homeless if we didn't pay rent on time. Same as our electricity, food, resources, etc.

The moment you enter the city, its ads and billboards everywhere, stores & businesses everywhere needing DAILY CASHFLOW to survive, otherwise will just shut down. When you turn on the radio, its non-stop ads trying to sell you shit. When you turn on the news, its all these crazy exaggerated headlines just trying to get your attention so they can convert your views into ad revenue. The whole school system is just to set you up to become a wage slave. Then the "job/ career" is just to enslave you. EVERYTHING for money.

This week the whole world is celebrating "Christmas", which is just ANOTHER HUGE money scheme. Just want people to BUY, BUY, BUY..... SPEND, SPEND, SPEND...... Everywhere and all businesses just trying to FLIP whatever *christmas* ideas they can for PROFITS.

EVEN FUCKING JESUS (no disrespect to Christians) NEEDS DONATION MONEY EVERY WEEKEND AT CHURCHES IN ORDER TO CONTINUE, otherwise the priest wouldn't have a job, electricity not paid and lights go out, etc.. Even CHURCHES need to charge money for relgious school/ classes, wedding services, selling necklaces, little jesus figures, bibles, etc. Do people get the point yet??? NOTHING magical in this world full of money hunger and desperation for daily survival.

Down to our funeral. They charge you for the coffin, any flower service, decorations or staffing thats required, venue rental, burial fees, etc. etc. etc. Imagine you signed up for a burial spot at the graveyard and you stopped paying the bill. They probably would literally threaten the families to dig up the body and throw it out, so they could replace it with another body who's able to pay the monthly or yearly rental bills on time.

And in a lot of countries health care cost money, meaning they rather leave you suffering and dying if you can't afford to pay the bill. I could go on.... and on....... its hard to be naive anymore once you've opened up your eyes and truly woken in this world, and see through all the bullshit lies that were fed to us since we're a child

Guess who the real *GOD* is??? 5 letters........... M-O-N-E-Y

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: HelloAllYouPeople, Pluto, XIII and 6 others
ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
How do people not lose their minds working full time? I can only do it in bursts or else I feel like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. Fuck.
I genuinely have no idea. It blows my mind walking my cubicle drone coworkers come into work laughing, smiling and looking like they are enjoying themselves. Most of em suffer from some form of physical impairment I see in their peripheral choices they use working and are overweight. How? How the fuck does anyone waltz into an office knowing they'll be doing pointless work from 8-5 and not go insane? And what I do is better than what most are afforded and it still makes me wanna throw myself off the clock tower across the street
It's crazy right!? And like, what is the alternative? Just suck it up and accept that horrible reality and be miserable 40+hrs a week or choose homelessness and lets face it look what site we're on. We already want to die with what few luxuries and commodities afforded to us, like we're really gonna wanna hang around to this shit existence while being homeless

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, ncmxm, VoidDesirer22 and 2 others
R

RareSoul

Oct 18, 2021
I agree. Nobody (almost) talks about that, but if it weren't for the reality of work then there would be far less suicides. Of course, there are some jobs that can actually be genuinely fulfilling, but that's very rare. Abusive workplaces (by which I mean such workplaces that expect you to work in such a way that hurts your mental or physical well-being) seem to be the norm. Someone mentioned Bob Black and I recommend him wholeheartedly. I also recall that he made a very good point that work is genocide, in reference to work accidents and the numbers of people who die from work-related causes.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and SuicidallyCurious
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
I agree. Nobody (almost) talks about that, but if it weren't for the reality of work then there would be far less suicides. Of course, there are some jobs that can actually be genuinely fulfilling, but that's very rare. Abusive workplaces (by which I mean such workplaces that expect you to work in such a way that hurts your mental or physical well-being) seem to be the norm. Someone mentioned Bob Black and I recommend him wholeheartedly. I also recall that he made a very good point that work is genocide, in reference to work accidents and the numbers of people who die from work-related causes.
It's also genocide if you work in a country like the Zionist states of America . You have to pay taxes to support all these criminal wars of aggression around the globe

• Love
Reactions: PeacefulTonic
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I feel the same. It's fucking insanity!!! Working to barely survive. I don't even need a fleet of yachts. I can't wait til it's over. :angry::angry::angry::hmph:

• Aww..
Reactions: RareSoul
C

Capsicum_Corral

Experienced
Dec 10, 2021
Being a hired servant seems like the worst way to live. There are other options out there.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
The only way working full time is enjoyable for anyone is if you have amazing or good social skills, and high ambition on top of it. People who can talk and climb their way up to the top of the corporate ladder are always the one that say they enjoy working. Otherwise, it's just a grueling grind to survive the day, attempting to talk to coworkers never goes well, and you get shunned by everyone on top of it, never moving up from the position you started at in the first place.
It's a system that only benefits and works for a certain type of people, and it feels like everyone else in it has just learned to accept it for what it is.

• Love
Reactions: Pluto, RareSoul, mlha and 1 other person
KlMeNw

KlMeNw

They killed me at seven, I just didn't know it- Me
Dec 15, 2021
Well for me work is ok, it's the taxes and social security payments I don't like. To have someone spend my hard cash earning on gold knows what.

Ahh that would be my dream too.
You've got it backwards, no offense. Its the work (if you live in America) that is excessive. 40-60 hour work weeks, low wages, no free health care. But the Social security that your paying into is the only thing that may someday allow you to quit the soul sucking grind that is the awful American work culture. One day you'll have paid enough into Social Security and you will finally be able to retire. You'll be thankful that its there, trust me.
It's also genocide if you work in a country like the Zionist states of America . You have to pay taxes to support all these criminal wars of aggression around the globe
hmm, sensing a bit of anti-Semitism here... (I'm not Jewish btw). Hating based on race makes your argument null and void bc hating some ones race is isn't an argument at all, its a personality flaw.

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloAllYouPeople and Pluto
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
A lot has changed since I was young in the '80s. Cost of living relative to wages has gone nuts, and relationships that used to be life-long partnerships have been replaced with Tinder. The result is that the cost-versus-benefit of work doesn't even seem close to adding up for many people. I can't say I'm battling to provide for loved ones, as I have none. I've lost interest in consumerism. That's why I've said that it's like working for the privilege of working the next day. No wonder the powers that be want to stifle talk of CTB.

I want to share a joke from Ancient Greek writer Aristophanes. Still funny 2,500 years later.

Praxagora: I want all to have a share of everything and all property to be in common; there will no longer be either rich or poor; [...] I shall begin by making land, money, everything that is private property, common to all. [...]
Blepyrus: But who will till the soil?
Praxagora: The slaves.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and OnlyTheWind