• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

hikikomorei

hikikomorei

૮ ◞ ﻌ ◟ ა tired
Apr 8, 2023
i'm so stressed about this... i love her but i can barely cope taking care of myself let alone her. i just want to end my suffering already but i can't leave without finding her a home that i know will be safe and loving like she deserves. she's just a kitten and i don't know how she will adjust.

i don't have family i can give her to, and i feel too guilty to abandon her in an animal shelter where i wouldn't know how she ends up. i feel so bad for abandoning her as it is but life is just too much and every day is worse.

i pushed away what friends i did have since losing myself deeper in my depression and deciding i would CTB. i do have a roomate, they like her but i don't know if they would take care of her properly. i'm considering sending someone i know money before i go so they will come take care of her as they have several cats and cat sit sometimes. but honestly i just want to give her away to someone and she can bond with someone new.

does anyone have any ideas? /⁠ᐠ⁠。⁠ꞈ⁠。⁠ᐟ⁠\

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Joarga, pole, chop and 4 others
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
That someone with several cats sounds like a good idea since they have experience and seems like they take well care of them and if anything you can trust that person to find your cat a loving home.

The next logical way would be an animal shelter/rescue but yes it always is a risk since you don't know for sure they well be well treated. But it's the next best choice. I would look up and research many details/reviews about shelters around you.

I know how you feel I will be leaving my two soulmate cats behind and it's like a knife to my heart.

Reactions: rationaltake and hikikomorei
TheDizzenter

TheDizzenter

Words that are alive, but a body rotting as well.
Feb 21, 2023
Hello. I used to work as a kind of " Catsitter/ Cat rescuer "
One of the things that still makes me remember of a cat who really meant a lot to me, was giving my cat to someone else
It was mostly for wealthy.
If you are sure yourself of decisions, be a bit patient, and try find someone who has interesting to have a kitten.
Not only for money, but, you can sure to guarantee if this person had other animal as a way to see It. Request about a bit of the location, for safety.
Try find a good profile for someone who would take care of her in a good way.
This was one of the methods I did It. After all, always there's someone who can have a pet and a bond, and this will be a good you did as alive.
It may be a relief to know she will be fine.
The best idea is joining some cat adoption groups in social media. You can post about her, give basic information and be just a little patient.
After all, is for her, isn't?
I don't live exactly alone, because if It was a case, this would be what I will be searching to do. Since I am also a cat person. I know your worries.
If you rather a quick way, someone with several cats is still a thing tho. Check if they fit the catsitter profile.

Reactions: rationaltake, Sluggish_Slump and hikikomorei
WaitingToGo

WaitingToGo

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
i've arranged with my cat sitters who I used when I go on holiday to adopt my two babies. That made me so happy to know that they will be well looked after I ctb. They love my cats so it's a perfect solution for me.
is something possible like this for you.

Reactions: rationaltake and hikikomorei
hikikomorei

hikikomorei

૮ ◞ ﻌ ◟ ა tired
Apr 8, 2023
thank you all for the advice. i forgot to mention i'm struggling with severe anxiety and agoraphobia for over a year now, so i barely speak to anyone at all or go outside and find it impossible to talk to strangers. knowing this i think it is true that my friend who is a cat sitter and has several cats would be the best option as we were close and they said they want to be there for me. they are more likely to know someone who could take her in once i am gone. and at worst i do trust them to take care of her themself...

Reactions: rationaltake
D

doorrespill

Apr 2, 2023
I have the same issue… two cats. I fear will be euthanized once I'm gone

• Hugs
AresCohere

AresCohere

Professional Insomniac
Apr 10, 2023
As others have said, a trusted catsitter or just someone who has many of them is a good solution here.

chop

chop

Admіnіstrator
Aug 17, 2023
Your best choices would be trusting a family or friend with it and just saying that you don't have the resources to take care of it anymore and that you really just don't want it to suffer.

Next best choice would be an Animal shelter but of course with those you don't know who the cat will go to next but it it's really the next best choice.

I wish you only the best of luck

DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
Well it sounds like you've got it figured out. But, I thought I'd share what I did for anyone interested. I used Craigslist (or whatever similar site is popular in your country or even Facebook pages). I posted a somewhat desperate plea about taking my 2 cats. The only person to respond ended up being a real nice guy. It happened pretty fast. It was so hard to leave my fur babies but I know they're better off with someone else.
There are also local community boards sometimes in libraries or stores where one could post about it. Although I know with my depression that seems like a lot of work. Posting online was easier.
I never kept in contact with the guy who took my cats, but I like to think they're happier now. It's a relief to know they're safe.
I hope this helps someone. I know it's not easy parting with your beloved pets. It caused me a lot of anxiety.