VampQueen

VampQueen

InuYasha
Feb 6, 2024
Last night I couldn't help but wallow in the fact that I'm technically homeless. No place to me feels like a home, no matter where I stay. I hate the place I'm currently at. I have no privacy, and I hate my uncle with a burning passion.

I fucking skipped work today because I was so depressed, I want to cry. No call, no show. Im such a fucking loser. I hate working and having a fixed schedule. I had the bright idea of driving for lift but I have to be 25, fucking amazing dude.

I need serious therapy or else I'm going to be homeless or dead.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: youwantitdarker, Praestat_Mori, lizzywizzy09 and 1 other person
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
Therapy is just bullshit so don't be under any delusion that's gonna help. Avoid mental health racket completely if you are able to

Reactions: kvsvenky100, F@#$, youwantitdarker and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
You'd need to know why u hate all places where you stay. Any idea what would need to change? Therapy can only help if the things that cause the MH issues are also changed or they disappear in the best case.

You're not a loser! šŸ«‚

Reactions: divinemistress36
D

deadstillwalking

Apr 23, 2024
Therapy is just bullshit so don't be under any delusion that's gonna help. Avoid mental health racket completely if you are able to
please, don't say that. While many people had awful experiences with such people, a lot of them also felt calmer with them, me included. If it comes to the worst, they can shoot their shot.

DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
please, don't say that. While many people had awful experiences with such people, a lot of them also felt calmer with them, me included. If it comes to the worst, they can shoot their shot.
It was my take on therapy. If people like it they can avail themselves of it. Just my opinion. In United States I have never had even a somewhat positive experience with any mental health entity but it may be and probably is different in countries where medical care is not as capitalistic

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Sacks of dog shit don't write intelligent posts. So let's put that idea to rest.
I'm not sure to what extent your problems are caused by external circumstances, including the recent death of your friend, and to what extent you are struggling with a mental health problem that's part of you. You can probably assess that better than I can.
If it's the former, then you have to change your circumstances, or wait for them to change by themselves.
If the latter, then some kind of therapy may be your best option. I know that @DoubleUp8 isn't enthusiastic about therapy, but if you live in a country that provides better health care than the US, or if you live in the US and have better luck than he did, it may be a way forward. Therapy can often help people, but you have to find the right therapist and that isn't always easy.
What do you think is the root of your problems?

Last edited:
VampQueen

VampQueen

InuYasha
Feb 6, 2024
Sacks of dog shit don't write intelligent posts. So let's put that idea to rest.
I'm not sure to what extent your problems are caused by external circumstances, including the recent death of your friend, and to what extent you are struggling with a mental health problem that's part of you. You can probably assess that better than I can.
If it's the former, then you have to change your circumstances, or wait for them to change by themselves.
It the latter, then some kind of therapy may be your best option. I know that @DoubleUp8 isn't enthusiastic about therapy, but if you live in a country that provides better health care than the US, or if you live in th US and have better luck than he did, it may be a way forward. Therapy can often help people but you have to find the right therapist and that isn't always easy.
What do you think is the root of your problems?
I'm not sure that the problem is. Maybe it's the fact that I don't belong anywhere, or that fact that I have no friends, or maybe the other millions of reasons in my head. I do want to do therapy again. I was In therapy for a really long time up until this year, when everything just felt like it all crashed into a wall.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I'm not sure that the problem is. Maybe it's the fact that I don't belong anywhere, or that fact that I have no friends, or maybe the other millions of reasons in my head. I do want to do therapy again. I was In therapy for a really long time up until this year, when everything just felt like it all crashed into a wall.
I think it would help if you were to develop some connections with people, people you like. You might be able to meet such people through your job, but a more reliable way is usually to join some organization concerned with something that interests you. When I was younger I belonged to various groups that were active in the outdoors. These days I belong to a dance group. Some people use church groups for that. (I'm atheist, so I'm not going to push that last idea hard, but it does work for some.)
Having connections with people is a real source of strength. I don't know whether it would fix your underlying problems, but it would certainly help you cope with them better.
And I suggest you try to resume the therapy, if that's an option for you. If it helped in the past, it will probably help now.

Last edited:
burner4242

burner4242

May 5, 2024
Well how's the friend search going since last time? Sounds like you need someone to talk with and do shit with besides sitting at home hating life. If you hung out with people at their place or wherever you'd be out of where you're staying more often away from your uncle. Personally I'm almost fed up with working as well so I can't judge. Thought about insta cart or door dashing but idk if that's a possibility in your area. Granted it's a lot of driving but considering you thought about doing Lyft you'd probably be ok with it. Therapy isn't a bad idea either but sounds like a life style thing. You don't like a fixed schedule but staying home all day not doing anything is ALSO a fixed schedule by definition. Youre gonna be ok though I believe in you! :)

Reactions: Linda