• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Is it illegal to give people advice over the internet when it comes to committing suicide? If yes, then that would fucking suck.

Reactions: Maggotymaggots, EuroMan, Tiburcio and 3 others
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
From what I can tell, different states seem to have different conceptions. Sorry for the dated article, but I'm to exhausted to do an updated search. An example: https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100514/0044209421.shtml

I agree with you that it sucks that we can't discuss matters openly (in an otherwise safe from predators environment--I don't know how you do that one). But I'm extremely cautious nonetheless. Thanks for the provocative topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maggotymaggots, Severen, Tiburcio and 2 others
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
I agree it would suck.
Even if it is illegal
It's only illegal if you get caught !

Reactions: Sha70, Maggotymaggots, Severen and 3 others
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
This is the first suicide forum I've participated in, but I've become less worried about this issue.

In the USA, there is a Final Exit Network that actually has volunteers who travel around the country teaching people how to kill themselves using the nitrogen method:

http://www.finalexitnetwork.org/Exit-Guide-Services.html

They even have public demonstrations. So if they're not getting arrested, there is a very small likelihood of people getting arrested just for talking online. We could always argue that "we're just pretending."

Things get a bit trickier if you actively motivate someone you have influence over, like that girl who went to jail for pressuring her boyfriend into killing himself, but that's different from random people on a forum. It's not like any of the information shared here is secret. Everything we know is from the actual euthanasia books that have been published and are available to buy anywhere.

Reactions: OfficerK, Maggotymaggots, Severen and 5 others
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
This is the first suicide forum I've participated in, but I've become less worried about this issue.

In the USA, there is a Final Exit Network that actually has volunteers who travel around the country teaching people how to kill themselves using the nitrogen method:

They even have public demonstrations. So if they're not getting arrested, there is a very small likelihood of people getting arrested just for talking online. We could always argue that "we're just pretending."

Things get a bit trickier if you actively motivate someone you have influence over, like that girl who went to jail for pressuring her boyfriend into killing himself, but that's different from random people on a forum. It's not like any of the information shared here is secret. Everything we know is from the actual euthanasia books that have been published and are available to buy anywhere.
Got excited for a minute there before I realized you have to have a diagnosed illness to be accepted to have some one teach you. Oh well ...

Reactions: Severen and FTL.Wanderer
shattered dreams

shattered dreams

Student
Jun 5, 2018

I do not know the outcomes, but the police have gone after and arrested and charged final exit guides. Personally, I do not ever encourage or give my opinion on whether someone should ctb or not. If they ask about methods, I will give the info I know regarding the methods, but that is it.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29411514/...cide-group-members-are-arrested/#.W1QVyrgnZdg

Reactions: Severen and FTL.Wanderer
T

Tiburcio

It seems no.

I helped people to find methods, I said several times it's and it will ever be better to end with this life before trying to "improve" it. But here I am, out of the jail...

Also, many of us are from different countries and nobody is going to arrest a person because in other place another died. Or at least, it shouldn't happen commonly.

Reactions: Maggotymaggots, FTL.Wanderer, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
I think most things regarding suicide is illegal. Remember we are government property. If you relied on slave labour you'd make anything that provides them a way out illegal too. The laws might be different on paper depending on the place but the spirit of the law is the same : keep the slaves to the grind.

Reactions: shattered dreams, Dead_Inside, Maggotymaggots and 3 others
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I think most things regarding suicide is illegal. Remember we are government property. If you relied on slave labour you'd make anything that provides them a way out illegal too. The laws might be different on paper depending on the place but the spirit of the law is the same : keep the slaves to the grind.

I like the way you think. Let's talk sometime.

Mizule

Mizule

Jul 22, 2018
that it's ok to give advice.But not to encourage.

Reactions: El Topo and shattered dreams
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
That was a very interesting article. Thanks for sharing.

That's one of the few pacts I've heard about that actually worked out.

From the article: Nicola Peckett of the Samaritans, says: "There is no evidence the internet has forced up suicide rates but occasionally it can become a dangerous place where two distressed people meet and talk about their failings. All they do is perpetuate their bleakness and suicidal feelings." OH FUCK OFF

Reactions: shattered dreams and Maggotymaggots
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
That's one of the few pacts I've heard about that actually worked out.

From the article: Nicola Peckett of the Samaritans, says: "There is no evidence the internet has forced up suicide rates but occasionally it can become a dangerous place where two distressed people meet and talk about their failings. All they do is perpetuate their bleakness and suicidal feelings." OH FUCK OFF

These suicide websites are the only things that bring me peace. It's the only place where I can meet like-minded people who understand exactly what I'm going through. Unlike my psychologist who gets paid to sit and ramble incoherently at me and doesn't seem to get it. He just mumbles and doesn't doesn't make sense, like he's just saying things to fill the 15 minute appointment and get his money. I get the feeling he's tired of dealing with me because I'm not getting better.

Yes; coming here helps me to not feel so alone, because others are just as desperate as I am. We can all relate.

Reactions: Maggotymaggots and El Topo
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
It is illegal.

But, we're a bunch of assholes on the Internet. On a website based in a foreign country. If enough people kill themselves and contribute to this website, it might become a bit problematic. But the platform itself is secure. Don't post personal information. Don't DM personal information. Have good OPsec, and you'll be fine.

Reactions: Severen and Tiburcio