pyx

pyx

Mage
Jun 5, 2024
i can't really give an adequate judgement. i live in a country where owning a gun requires a special permit, so it's exceedingly rare for there to be gun ownership and consequent gun-related violence here. having said that, i think owning one would give me a lot of comfort outside of using it for suicide

avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
I'm not opposed to owning a gun in a country where gun violence is rampant. I understand the unsafe feeling when ambiguous people around you may posses a gun while you lack one. But I advocate for more gun ownership regulations to prevent questionable characters from obtaining a gun or gun license. And I don't want mass gun ownership in countries where the lack of guns is the primary reason for the lack of mass gun violence—let's not introduce more problems. You don't need a gun if no one else has a gun.

My country has stringent requirements for obtaining a gun license. The law is complex so the examples below provide by no means a full picture.
  • Gun license is provided by the police or Ministry of Justice only (henceforth mentioned as the government).
  • You need a valid reason to own a gun. Ex. sports, hunter, dog trainer, etc. The type of weapon must suit its purpose.
  • Provide the government with 2 contacts or a recognized gun association membership to vouch for your character.
  • There should be no reason the government can't trust you or for you to misuse the gun or ammunition — not going against the common interest of the people.
  • Pass a mental health screening test with 80 diverse questions. And no history of mental illnesses.
  • Pass a government regulated exam both practice and theory.
  • No criminal history in the last 10 years.
  • Gun and ammunition must be stored separately in an anchored gun safe at all times when not in use.
  • Agree to mandatory unannounced visits by the police for a gun safe inspection every 2 years.

Last edited:
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
im a huge supporter of people owning guns.
the goverment cant trample everyones rights if they are well armed.

J

justpathetic

Pathetic
Sep 15, 2024
Owning guns is a right for law abiding Americans I 💯 support. Shall NOT be infringed. It's actually one of the few spelled out specifically in the Constitution. There should be no discussion.

J

JealousOfTheElderly

Everything's gonna be OK
Aug 28, 2020
Criminals don't legally own firearms. Regardless of whether laws are made allowing of restricting, they will have access.
I'm all for law abiding citizens to be able to own firearms.