Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Mayfly, we all know why.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Mentalmick
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I'd transform myself into a rhinocopter. Just imagine it.

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
hʚll

hʚll

not real.
Jun 18, 2021
maybe a ghost cat with superpowers

Reactions: Mentalmick
poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
I'd gladly turn into a mayfly. They only live for 24 hours.

Imagine that... 24 hours and then peace.
Time is relative. 24 hours would feel like a lifetime to you.

I'm not sure any if any of these sound like a good deal to me. Being any animal with human intelligence would be horrible, you'd be a mind stuck in a body, with no possibilities to communicate your thoughts and philosophies, and be forever misunderstood by your peers. Humans with very high intelligence usually go through a lot of suffering and social failures.
Being a mystical creature sounds cool, but comes with the guarantee of being chased by humans your entire life, possibly even caught and imprisoned.. nevermind the loneliness of being the only existing member of your species.
I think our best bet is something like an AI or an energy, but I'm not sure those states would feel very different from a human state, although an AI might allow you to change your surroundings according to your wishes. If I could opt out of the human intelligence, I'd go for a penguin! I would love to be a penguin.

Last edited:
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Time is relative. 24 hours would feel like a lifetime to you.

I'm not sure any if any of these sound like a good deal to me. Being any animal with human intelligence would be horrible, you'd be a mind stuck in a body, with no possibilities to communicate your thoughts and philosophies, and be forever misunderstood by your peers. Humans with very high intelligence usually go through a lot of suffering and social failures.
Being a mystical creature sounds cool, but comes with the guarantee of being chased by humans your entire life, possibly even caught and imprisoned.. nevermind the loneliness of being the only existing member of your species.
I think our best bet is something like an AI or an energy, but I'm not sure those states would feel very different from a human state, although an AI might allow you to change your surroundings according to your wishes. If I could opt out of the human intelligence, I'd go for a penguin! I would love to be a penguin.

Unless the mayfly I am turning into is flying close to the speed of light, or living near a very masive object, such as a black hole, it will not experience time dilation.

As long as that mayfly lives on Earth, which is a slow-moving, low-gravity world, its clock will measure almost the same time as a human clock.

Now, if you send that mayfly in a spaceship moving at, let's say 99,9% the speed of light, then the two clocks will measure different times. What will be a minute on the spaceship, will be months on Earth.

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
A dodo.

Reactions: MindFrog and poisonedminds
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
A dog, so I can just walk up to a PETA kill shelter and they send me straight to the gas chamber.

• Hugs
Reactions: MindFrog and lofticries