• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

marabellasol

marabellasol

đź’•
Nov 4, 2023
Like i dont know if this is a PMS symptom or not but I was feeling really good and suddenly like 2 days ago got such a strong sense of impending doom and strong suicidalness

I was speaking to my girl-friends and they were saying sometimes that happens to them too and I'm wondering if we're one offs or if this happens to other people too

Reactions: DefinitelyReady, maneose, Saturn_ and 2 others
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Jun 2, 2024
Absolutely— Look into PMDD if it gets worse, it may match up with what's happening, but it is certainly a "modern" PMS symptom and unless you find the rare dr that believes in pmdd, they'll try to treat it with birth control hormones if you get seen (USA POV)… which we all learned what that did to like an entire generation of people going completely crazy on unneeded hormones for their developmental stages etc.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: maneose, psp3000, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Absolutely. The day before- no matter what's going on, I will be in a terribly dark mood. It's sometimes a relief to realise why things are that bad. Plus, I become massively clumsy just beforehand. I start dropping things for some reason. Like- my grip starts to not work. God, I hate periods. And for what? If you don't want kids, it's all pointless suffering.

• Love
Reactions: thebelljarrr, psp3000 and marabellasol
marabellasol

marabellasol

đź’•
Nov 4, 2023
Absolutely— Look into PMDD if it gets worse, it may match up with what's happening, but it is certainly a "modern" PMS symptom and unless you find the rare dr that believes in pmdd, they'll try to treat it with birth control hormones if you get seen (USA POV)… which we all learned what that did to like an entire generation of people going completely crazy on unneeded hormones for their developmental stages etc.

Looking at this now, this seems so scarily similar to what i feel loll i'm from the uk so maybe my doctors wont try to treat me with birth control as i already have a form of it

I dont get many of the physical symptoms though

Reactions: restinpeace2
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
That sounds like PMDD, like others have said. I've experienced it for much of my life that I've been having periods. I think people who are prone to depression are more prone to it, which makes sense

It sucks too because I have had doctors say things along the lines of "so your period makes you suicidal....?" and give me a weird look like they've never heard of it before, despite being doctors. I think part of that is women having their symptoms dismissed more often

• Love
Reactions: thebelljarrr and marabellasol
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
definitely

so sometimes I check my tracker to see if it's coming soon which will explain things for me or make the feelings fade a little bit

or I try to fight them so they are just the more less extreme/normal versions of those feelings that I am used to

do you/anyone else in this thread also happen to take any kind of birth control because I can't really tell if that intensifies it a bit or doesn't effect it at all or sometimes it's a bit so-so

Reactions: Beyond_Repair
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
Honestly? They've never really affected me too much, be it physically or emotionally. There are a couple of times I became irrationally depressed the day before, but 99% of the time this doesn't happen. No really painful cramps or anything either. It surprised me when I heard other people say that they had to take painkillers to get through their period. I just have this sort of "flattened" demeanor in all aspects of life, I guess. There is a lot of pain I can withstand through detachment. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Reactions: enduringwinter
marabellasol

marabellasol

đź’•
Nov 4, 2023
definitely

so sometimes I check my tracker to see if it's coming soon which will explain things for me or make the feelings fade a little bit

or I try to fight them so they are just the more less extreme/normal versions of those feelings that I am used to

do you/anyone else in this thread also happen to take any kind of birth control because I can't really tell if that intensifies it a bit or doesn't effect it at all or sometimes it's a bit so-so
I have the implant, two of my friends take the pill and as far as i know neither of them are suicidal

• Informative
Reactions: restinpeace2 and psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I have the implant, two of my friends take the pill and as far as i know neither of them are suicidal
that's interesting I guess it just depends on what kind of pill then
I will have to do some reading/research then

I am not very familiar with the implant due to all the side effects/horror stories about it

enduringwinter

enduringwinter

of angels
Jun 20, 2024
I think it shouldn't be normalised, I don't suffer from this at all and those who do should be taken seriously and given appropriate medical attention. It shouldn't just be brushed off as an inevitable thing that happens to women because it isn't

Reactions: Beyond_Repair
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
My periods just give me painful cramps that sometimes make me bedridden

• Aww..
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, restinpeace2 and Rocinante
P

pulleditnearlyoff

Apr 26, 2024
Yes, three days before my period I become extreme suicidal.

lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
ive never noticed a thought pattern around the damn thing. if anything my mood goes up just the tiniest bit because my tits swell and i can look in the mirror without wanting to instantly break it - takes like 5 seconds instead lol

but i also went nearly 6 years without a period thanks to my iud so i could be way out of the scope of asking, the ones i do get are barely spotting

astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
Yep... Last month it was the Monday before the week of my period, this time it was the Monday before my period and I'm still doing low a week later. I'm trying to track my moods with an app in case I can find a solid enough pattern and get my meds adjusted to reflect it. Never used to feel this way until my mental break.

katara

katara

tired all the time
Mar 17, 2022
I think it shouldn't be normalised, I don't suffer from this at all and those who do should be taken seriously and given appropriate medical attention. It shouldn't just be brushed off as an inevitable thing that happens to women because it isn't
Good input, i've always thought to myself if men experienced PMS, period stuff would probably be tax payer funded.