• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

What height would convince you to consider jumping?

• I'd never jump. Even if it was my only option.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I'd only consider it if the height was around 50ft

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I'd only consider it if the height was around 75ft

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I'd only consider it if the height was around 100ft

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I'd only consider it if the height was around 150ft

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I'd only consider it if the height was around 200ft

• It would need to be even higher than the options above (Please state in comments)

• Total voters
Dark Window

Dark Window

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2024
I understand it may be terrifying, but if I jump from a high enough height, and find a place where the fall is a straight drop, nothing to break my fall and lessen impact, then death is almost certain.

If I remind myself that it will essentially be over as soon as I hit the ground, then I'll jump and even if the fall is terrifying, it doesn't matter because the decision has been made and you will be unconscious on impact.
The above is true if the height is great enough.

---------------

There's a bridge in the UK with over 800 RECORDED attempts, and only 3 survivors in 60 years. 150FT straight down into the water.

The last person to survive was a 19-year-old man from Fife, who jumped in March, 1998. His leap was watched by a Royal Navy cadet and an army corporal who were passing beneath the bridge in a speedboat. When they hauled him from the water he was still conscious. He is believed to have survived because the rucksack he was wearing cushioned his high-speed impact with the water.

So if you can avoid using protective gear and also land on concrete then you're almost certainly dead. This is 99.5% killing you even in water, concrete and good landing means pretty much instant death barring some miracle.

-------------

I've seen another statistic about falls from 150ft which suggests somewhere between a 95-98% chance of death, but it didn't advise how many were clean free falls without interruption by objects on the way down, and which ones involved landing on concrete, water or grass etc.

I'd say the example above with this bridge with essentially a 99.5% chance of death is a good example. And she only survived because she was saved in time, think about those who survive the initial impact but quickly die of injuries while likely unconscious.

spectraltease

spectraltease

when everything is lost everything is found
Sep 23, 2022
Jumping around 150ft on concrete is a good and painless method. I would kill myself by jumping or hanging.

Reactions: FakeSmileGuy and CelestialDiana
Saitama2

Saitama2

Apr 25, 2024
Jumping from a 10 story has a high success rate, but you DON'T want that 1% chance of survival, because you'll wish you were truly dead

Reactions: FrownyFace
Dark Window

Dark Window

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2024
Jumping from a 10 story has a high success rate, but you DON'T want that 1% chance of survival, because you'll wish you were truly dead

You can say the same thing about guns. Shotguns are 99% successful. If you don't succeed you have no face.

Reactions: FrownyFace, CelestialDiana and Begotten
LostinTime24

LostinTime24

Discharged&Defeated
Mar 26, 2024
I've considered when I was still working we were parking in a 7ft parking garage had plenty of chances. For me though for whatever reason I find it hard leaving my body in a destroyed state for others find. I'd like to have a open casket at least for my family.

Saitama2

Saitama2

Apr 25, 2024
You can say the same thing about guns. Shotguns are 99% successful. If you don't succeed you have no face.
True. I still believe the best method is shotgun + drowning.

Get an inflatable boat, go to the middle of the sea far away from anyone. Blow your head off with a shotgun while looking at the water. You are 100% dying

drearysunrise

drearysunrise

Feb 3, 2024
I'd only consider jumping if it was my only option. The thought of what I would feel in that moment of freefall terrifies me. At that point I don't think I'd have the luxury of choosing a height, but I'd definitely want to do more research to find something with the lowest survival rate possible. 150ft sounds pretty reliable to me all things considered

Reactions: FrownyFace
Dark Window

Dark Window

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2024
I'd only consider jumping if it was my only option. The thought of what I would feel in that moment of freefall terrifies me. At that point I don't think I'd have the luxury of choosing a height, but I'd definitely want to do more research to find something with the lowest survival rate possible. 150ft sounds pretty reliable to me all things considered
Yeah sure but it's not likely to be painful if it's high enough.

Especially if you can get a building that brings a massive fall of 200-300ft onto concrete.

It will be terrifying but once you jump then it's all over and you'll be dead.

It's not like drowning where you can save yourself.

Shinobu

Shinobu

Ignorance is bliss.
Apr 5, 2023
I personally wouldn't because if I survived id most def become paralyzed with 0 chance at suicide

drearysunrise

drearysunrise

Feb 3, 2024
Yeah sure but it's not likely to be painful if it's high enough.

Especially if you can get a building that brings a massive fall of 200-300ft onto concrete.

It will be terrifying but once you jump then it's all over and you'll be dead.

It's not like drowning where you can save yourself.
Yeah I'd much rather jump over something like drowning. It's not the idea of pain that bothers me, just the freefall, even though I logically know it's pretty short. I'm not exactly sure why actually.

B

black and white

May 27, 2024
True... Effective method...

But very scary. SI will be very strong... Need a serious impulse to make it. So it's a fast and painless method close to 100% successfull above 100ft on concrete, but hard to achieve. Probably the reason why only 5% of suicide are done that way... (With few exceptions in big asian cities like hong Kong where it's the most used method by 45% i believe).

M

M48 Patton

Jun 2, 2024
The SI will be really strong. I find that with most methods which is why I think I could take poisons, less in the way. Just drink it and be done with it. Especially like the fact that you could just wait it out and contemplate your last moments (providing the poison is somewhat tolerable)