EmptyEater

EmptyEater

Sep 26, 2024
...and you'd have to repeat the exact same life from the beginning, would you go through with it?

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: DrinkyCrow, memoriesofyesterday, Forever Sleep and 3 others
DanielDanDean

DanielDanDean

Jul 18, 2024
Hell no wtf.
Every year when I was a minor was boring at best and traumatizing at worst, who would want to live that again?

Reactions: sunnysidedown, libitina, myusername890 and 6 others
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
exactly the same life? no. but if i could make different choices? probably.

i was cute as hell and a people pleaser and overachiever as a kid. i should have endeared myself to some nice old person, they could save me from my family, adopt me, i could have gotten my Unconditional Love and then i probably wouldn't have Trust Issues that make me wanna CTB. if i had gotten the love i deserved as a kid i wouldn't have been so insecure and i would have grown into the social butterfly i think i'm meant to be (cause holy shit i yap so much online but i'm terrified of people irl?).

• Hugs
Reactions: EmptyEater, Tac0Johnz, Kali_Yuga13 and 4 others
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
short answer? fuck no.

Reactions: Tac0Johnz, myusername890, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
Hell no. That's some Nietzschean Eternal Recurrence shit, and if it could be avoided simply by not killing yourself, then I'm living out my natural lifespan.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: EmptyEater, Tac0Johnz, Kali_Yuga13 and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Not if I have to remember everything. Even brushing aside the more traumatic parts of my childhood, the regular parts of my life would likely be really boring to experience all over again.

Now if I'm able to change certain outcomes I probably still wouldn't accept it because there's a very high chance I could either make the same bad decisions I've made in life or I'd just end up making worse decisions leading to worse outcomes.

I guess if it's inevitable and I remember everything then eventually I would start optimizing suicide speed runs for my own personal satisfaction. Let's see how fast I can kill myself straight out the womb or hell, maybe I can get a negative time by finding a way to die before even being born.

M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
Fuck no. Apart from *ONE* and THAT would change my life forever and I'd be happy, because I was happy then, but it was ripped away from me, and it would also make another person's life better, so two people would be happy šŸ˜Š, and not fucked up for life hating themselves etc. I wish I could go back to that moment, but I wouldn't be alive in *this* life so does that even count? All the previous trauma wouldn't matter as I'd have *that*

daisyrandone

daisyrandone

too many names
Sep 12, 2023
...and you'd have to repeat the exact same life from the beginning, would you go through with it?
absolutely not if it was the exact same
i'd be stuck between yes and and no if i knew i could do it right in my second life
yes because i'd have the chance to be happy. wouldn't have to deal with anything i've been through or have to tolerate feeling as bad as i do these days.
no because i'd still be inconvenienced by other unpleasant factors of life (understating it with the words "inconvenienced" and "unpleasant")

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
No. Do you believe it does then?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I'd never wish to suffer in this cruel, torturous existence but rather I only hope to never exist again, the thought of this existence repeating is horrific to me, I personally just want some peace instead of all this suffering and cruelty. I only wish for non-existence where all is finally forgotten about for me and I cannot suffer in any way, death truly is the only relief for me, the only peace for me could lie in never suffering again.

memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024
Absolutely NOT! Without question!

That's like asking if Heaven exist.

If I could tweak your question a little; I'd be all grins and smiles until I kill over.

I would give ANYTHING to repeat my life...until the last 3 months.

Last edited:
Reflection

Reflection

Lost
Sep 12, 2024
With the knowledge that I have now? Yes, because I wouldn't make the same mistakes
Same exact thing? I don't know, I don't regret my life but I'd rather not have existed if it's gonna lead to the same point

Marco77

Marco77

ƀ ma maniĆØre šŸŖ¦
Aug 18, 2024
Luckily, something like this is impossible and death is ever closer, for those who are suicidal and for those who are not. EVERYTHING WILL END IN AN INSTANT!!! šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Reactions: wCvML2 and pthnrdnojvsc
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I wouldn't want to repeat my life nor the life of any human or other sentient animal no matter the circumstances.

I'm glad I'm sure that after Death is non-existence forever .

Think about this we will all die and cease to exist forever soon. Most humans alive now will be dead in 100 years.We will all be obliterated as if we never existed for all time obliterated. there's no afterlife no reincarnation no rebirth nothing . Even the universe is constantly expanding and decaying the atoms will decay too look it up.

Eternal Non-existence is the greatest gift a sentient being could get after a long life of pain, suffering work , worry, struggles , stress ..... Finally to get to rest and worry no more, no more pain no problems no suffering bad memories ever again: what could be better than that especially after the hell called life I just left?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
SteamaHorns

SteamaHorns

Aug 2, 2024
This might actually be worse than just going to hell lol, especially if I remember how my entire life had went before dying.

Reactions: Tac0Johnz and pthnrdnojvsc
thenorthern

thenorthern

Student
Sep 19, 2024
A lot of why I am here is my own doing. I would take it even though I will end up hurt no matter what

Reactions: EmptyEater
C

CantDoIt

Wizard
Jul 18, 2024
Only if I can make different choices, otherwise it's a weird punishment.

Reactions: DrinkyCrow
DrinkyCrow

DrinkyCrow

Zap to the extreme
May 2, 2023
If I keep my memories and all my knowledge? Hell yeah, weirdly enough.

I can make smarter decisions, invest in Bitcoin and NFT Scams early enough to get easy retirement and actually might get to have a enjoyable life? Absolutely. Would be a great kind of superpower. I would be able to avoid a lot of my troubles most likely.

With no memories and no control over how stuff turns out? No. 10000 times no.

Reactions: Tac0Johnz
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Ultimately, the answer would be no because even if I had knowledge of a past life and made different decisions, sometimes it could be a harder life, or I could encounter worse things overall. Every day sentient is another day to gamble for the unknown, tomorrow could be worse, the future could be worse, etc.

• Love
Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
willitpass

willitpass

Donā€™t try to offer me help, Iā€™ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Not a chance. My fate was sealed by genetic predisposition and severe childhood trauma that nothing I could do could prevent. Had I made mistakes later in life that I had autonomy over to change, yes. But things were set up for me to fail from the get go. I don't think any changes to my life could make much of a difference as I became too sick too early.

• Hugs
uglyugly

uglyugly

Student
Aug 24, 2024
Oh hell no. The first time was bad enough.