StrangePossum

StrangePossum

Dec 22, 2021
Every time I think about CTB, I can't get past the thought of my family finding me or having to identify my body. Having a funeral for me, too...ugh, I can imagine that would be awkward as hell. I wonder if maybe I could just hike out to a really remote area and CTB there, where I am unlikely to be found. On one hand, it would alleviate my worries about my family being traumatized from finding or seeing my body. On the other hand, there can never be a 100% guarantee that my body will not be found, and I can imagine that having a family member just disappear indefinitely might be even harder than having them die, legally speaking. Apparently someone must have been missing for 7 years before they can be presumed dead. I can't imagine having to wait for that for 7 years. Although, maybe it would be different if I left a letter explicitly saying that I planned to CTB... Regardless, this stuff is so complicated and I suppose there's really no easy way to resolve it. I wish it were easier to find the peace I want, I wish I didn't have to keep worrying about hurting people.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Owl_07, rationaltake, hungry_ghost and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wish that there was a way to erase my existence completely and just disappear. I agree that it should not be this difficult to find peace. Euthanasia should be legalised everywhere as then others would know about the persons death in advance and no one would have to be traumatised by finding a body. It is such a cruel and unfair world that we live in and I'm sorry for all the suffering that has brought you to this point. I wish you the best and I hope that you find the peace you are looking for.

• Love
Reactions: Owl_07 and StrangePossum