N

now_or_never

May 20, 2021
It is horrible to live without any motivation. I can't do much during the day, other than being on the computer wasting the hours away, and hoping that tomorrow it will be a better day. But it isn't. It never is. I'm tired of this apathy, and I wish there could be any solution for it, but since there is none, then I'll have to look into ways of ctb. My easy option would be to apply for euthanasia either in my country or abroad, and hope that they consider me euthanasiable. But I'm afraid that they will think that I can keep living like this, when it is horrible. I'm sick of it, and the only thing I can do is complain about this.

I really hope that nobody has to endure this, it is horrible to live with zero motivation, sometimes can't even go for a walk, or wash the dishes... maybe I would starve if there was nobody to remind me that I need to eat. I don't know who signed me up to live life like a vegetable, but it wasn't me. I want out of this situation one way or another.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, FuneralCry, Dead Meat and 7 others
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
This is my daily existence too. Even though I work 2 days a week, I have no motivation to do anything, and anything I do try to do usually ends up out of my control and a failure.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: FuneralCry, now_or_never, Lostandlooking and 2 others
BreakTheCycle

BreakTheCycle

Life means suffering. Try to break the cycle.
Aug 6, 2021
Yeah it rly sucks if u can't see a way of getting any better. Feeling like wasting your time makes things even worse. I'm jsut playing LoL allday long at my PC. At least something to do even tho it also feels like the biggest waste.
When depression hits hard u don't get motivation for even the basics of life like cooking a single meal at least once a week. It sucks.
I hope it get's better for u. Much luck.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Bone, OnlyTheWind, now_or_never and 2 others
N

now_or_never

May 20, 2021
This is my daily existence too. Even though I work 2 days a week, I have no motivation to do anything, and anything I do try to do usually ends up out of my control and a failure.
Thanks for sharing, it helps to know that I'm not the only one going through this. I'm unable to work, I admire you for being able to. At least is a change of scenery.
Yeah it rly sucks if u can't see a way of getting any better. Feeling like wasting your time makes things even worse. I'm jsut playing LoL allday long at my PC. At least something to do even tho it also feels like the biggest waste.
When depression hits hard u don't get motivation for even the basics of life like cooking a single meal at least once a week. It sucks.
I hope it get's better for u. Much luck.
At least you can play vidya, I wish I could, but I don't have enough motivation for that either. I'm normally just scrolling mindlessly, and wasting the time away, which is pretty exhausting. Much luck to you as well.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: BreakTheCycle, OnlyTheWind and Lostandlooking
V

ven

Aug 11, 2021
I wrote the same sentiment into my introduction, I want to find a reason worth living for or just die. If you start with no or minimal motivation every day, how do you figure out a reason to live for or much less strive to overcome difficulties and improve at?

I realize that if you do find that special interest that compels you to leave your bed and drives your actions, that motivation will not always exist. An element of discipline is necessary to overcome the motivation droughts everyone faces; but, if lack of motivation is a perpetual issue and the will power necessary to overcome no motivation to begin with is depleted, then how can we expect to continuously override our non-existing motivation? Even if we do manage to will ourselves to action, it becomes difficult to concentrate and focus on the task at hand.

It feels like an inescapable loop.

Reactions: OnlyTheWind
N

NoPointToContinue

Student
Jun 2, 2021
Yeah only thing worse than death, is being dead while being alive:(

I don't think life cares much, you should not expect days to become better by themselves. If you want them to be better, you should do something towards it too. I know how hard and exhausting it is when you feel that way, I really do. So do something small, no need to feel pressure to revolutionise your life in a day. Just baby steps, whatever you can. If you wanna give yourself a chance , do it.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I am like this a lot of the time, sometimes I feel worse than other times. In general, I lack the motivation and will to live. My existence is pointless. In a way it's like I have already died. A lot of the time I force myself to do things though, but it can be difficult. Sorry to hear you are suffering, I wish you well.

Reactions: OnlyTheWind
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
This is the motto I've been saying to people this week - I'm gonna get better or die. Because I am not living bored, miserable and bedridden. It's just pointless.

Reactions: now_or_never and OnlyTheWind