• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
Is this weird?

I'm a full time uni student at the moment but I'm massively struggling and wish I could just be involuntary taken to hospital and kept there for a couple of weeks, have my meds reviewed, and I guess get some more intensive treatment.

Does anyone else experience this feeling? It's not the first time I've wanted to be sectioned / scheduled / committed or whatever term you use.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sunset764 and Deleted member 17331
feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020
I don't think it's weird. It's a means to keep you safe if you choose to go. I've always had terrible experiences in psych wards, but that's just me. If you think it would help you to go, please go. You should be able to voluntarily check yourself into one, although I don't know if it's different in other parts of the world.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brink and Deleted member 17331
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
I don't think it's weird. It's a means to keep you safe if you choose to go. I've always had terrible experiences in psych wards, but that's just me. If you think it would help you to go, please go. You should be able to voluntarily check yourself into one, although I don't know if it's different in other parts of the world.
I want to be taken involuntarily though, me going voluntarily would mean admitting to my parents and family and stuff that I still have major problems :/

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
No it makes sense.
Sometimes when we are overwhelmed and struggling that bad, we want to be taken out of society for at the very least, a break from life.a psych ward would provide that bubble.
Plus sometimes we want someone to make that decision for us (sectioned) as we cant.
It sounds to me that you are struggling but not ready to go yet, hence looking for alternate options.
This is good but sadly you will have to reach out for help as it doesnt tend to come to you

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, Brink and LetzteAusfahrt
thethatsitboy

thethatsitboy

Nós tudo vive pra morrer, mas luta pela vida
Jul 4, 2020
I want to be taken involuntarily though, me going voluntarily would mean admitting to my parents and family and stuff that I still have major problems :/
But for you to go involuntarily, people (family, i guess) would need to realize "oh, she's bad again" and then send you there. Or is there other way?

As for psych wards, i've never been close to one. I've wondered in going to one, but I don't really know if it is good or bad. Need to do some research

AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
This is good but sadly you will have to reach out for help as it doesnt tend to come to you
Or is there other way?
I was thinking about maybe like calling the emergency line and pretending to be a friend concerned about me and having the police come and get me

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, LetzteAusfahrt and thethatsitboy
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
Being taken involuntarily will lead to your gun rights because taken away forever. If you go voluntarily, keep in mind you will not be able to check out without the doctor's permission.

Keep in mind that there are far more psych ward horror stories than positive ones.

I honestly think there are better ways to get intensive treatment. If you want to go inpatient you should at least pick a hospital and not just be at the mercy of wherever they decide to send you.

Reactions: Élégie, ImsooDone1N, charlottewilts and 4 others
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I was thinking about maybe like calling the emergency line and pretending to be a friend concerned about me and having the police come and get me
I suppose you could do that. I know here in the uk they will only section you if they are satisfied that you are an immenent danger to yourself or others. Ive told psychiatrists of my ctb plan and that i have what i need, but because it was just a plan without a date, they do nothing. Im sorry youre in such a position.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Sunset764, LetzteAusfahrt and 1 other person
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
Being taken involuntarily will lead to your gun rights because taken away forever. If you go voluntarily, keep in mind you will not be able to check out without the doctor's permission.

Keep in mind that there are far more psych ward horror stories than positive ones.

I honestly think there are better ways to get intensive treatment. If you want to go inpatient you should at least pick a hospital and not just be at the mercy of wherever they decide to send you.
I've been taken involuntarily before, plus we don't really have gun rights here in Australia

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink