borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
The world just seems to be becoming less and less friendly to trans people constantly. You've got anti-trans legislation being pushed, constant asinine narratives being pushed, and people refusing to try to understand what it means to be trans and how gender dysphoria is something you're born with. I've been really down the past couple of days for reasons any trans person or UK citizen would probably know.

Another day, another hate crime. Seeing the way people will talk about a 16-year-old girl who was murdered only days ago is proof that trans people not only aren't allowed peace in life, but we're also not allowed respect in death. All of the hate towards people just trying to exist and live our lives makes me hate the world.

As for the non-societal issue, which is the one that people seem to ignore the most often, my dysphoria has been up lately. Sure, I got breast implants, and that made me extremely happy. My chest dysphoria has plummeted, but the dysphoria over all of the other male aspects of my body remains unaffected.

I actually came out to a coworker last week, saying "Would you believe me if I told you that I was born a boy?" Well, she believed me. She told me that she already knew. Sure, she mentioned that she put two and two together because I said that I can't get pregnant and because I got breast implants, but that still shouldn't be the first thought that you have. She's not transphobic, but it feels so fucking invalidating to be told something like that. It comes across as if those were confirming factors after me not passing well.

I'm always gonna be extremely jealous of the girls who are able to cut ties with people from their past and live their entire lives stealth. I want to erase any record of me ever being a boy. I want to just be a normal girl. Is that so much to ask? I want to feel comfortable in my own skin and not feel a self-loathing pang of "ywnbarw" when I hear other women talk about things like sex, periods, and pregnancy. I hate having conscious reminders that I'm always gonna be biologically male.

I'll never be able to be the woman I want to be, so why do I even bother staying alive?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: soft-flower345, SuicideAwaits, VALI and 19 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I admire you for coping as much as you do. I feel so weak by comparison.

People have always turned to aggression when their simplistic worldviews and generic stereotypes/archetypes of other people get challenged by reality. Gender roles have traditionally been a big one. I trigger it mildly in people because of never quite fitting in, including a deficiency in masculinity, and even that has led to suicidality. But being such an easy target must be dreadful. I hope you are at least able to connect with other people in the same situation.

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Venus13, Laivirt and 1 other person
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Unfortunately, we were both cursed with the dreaded XY chromosome. It really does suck when you have to go through life being jealous of cis people of the sex you desired to have been born as. I feel very uncomfortable with sex talk from both sexes, just for different reasons so I can relate. While it is understandable that it would feel invalidating that she figured you were born male, you did ask for her honest opinion and gave it. I might be wrong, but on surface, I assume it's a lot easier for FTM to go stealth than MTF (asides from the scarring where they had their breasts removed).

I am sorry that we are both going through dysphoria. I cannot answer your question about why you should bother staying alive as that is something only you have autonomy to answer for yourself. I've already determined for myself that it isn't worth it.

Reactions: VALI, 0000000000000, Rogue Proxy and 2 others
xero

xero

Jan 15, 2023
I promise I am NOT dismissing Brianna. But, considering the forum we are in... does it really invalidate you? I'm a poc and it's so ccommonplace that if one of us is murdered either by our own or a fucking cop.. it has no impact on me. People are murdered every single day. Shit, if Karen decided to give up every time some white lady was murdered they wouldn't exist. Humans are vile. Vile creatures filled with hate. I just don't see how someone else being disgustingly murdered makes you think now you are invalid. All of us are made to be invalid every single day. If you need a reason to feel alienated, simply look around. This place is awful.

Reactions: touhoufan
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
I promise I am NOT dismissing Brianna. But, considering the forum we are in... does it really invalidate you? I'm a poc and it's so ccommonplace that if one of us is murdered either by our own or a fucking cop.. it has no impact on me. People are murdered every single day. Shit, if Karen decided to give up every time some white lady was murdered they wouldn't exist. Humans are vile. Vile creatures filled with hate. I just don't see how someone else being disgustingly murdered makes you think now you are invalid. All of us are made to be invalid every single day. If you need a reason to feel alienated, simply look around. This place is awful.
It's not just the fact that she was murdered that's really upsetting to me. The way that a lot of people have reacted to her murder is also extremely upsetting. The media is awful about it, especially since the Daily Mail and The Times both updated their coverage to deadname her. I've already wanted to give up for years, but things like this, along with increasing anti-trans legislation makes me feel unwelcome on this planet.

I should also mention that I'm an extremely emotional person due to BPD and estrogen. I tend to take things harder than a lot of other people would. I don't know if "invalidating" is necessarily the right word, but it makes me feel afraid. All of the hate in the world scares the shit out of me, and that's part of why I want to die.

• Love
Reactions: OutOfTheVoid, Unending, Laivirt and 5 others
xero

xero

Jan 15, 2023
It's not just the fact that she was murdered that's really upsetting to me. The way that a lot of people have reacted to her murder is also extremely upsetting. The media is awful about it, especially since the Daily Mail and The Times both updated their coverage to deadname her. I've already wanted to give up for years, but things like this, along with increasing anti-trans legislation makes me feel unwelcome on this planet.

Fffr

I should also mention that I'm an extremely emotional person due to BPD and estrogen. I tend to take things harder than a lot of other people would. I don't know if "invalidating" is necessarily the right word, but it makes me feel afraid. All of the hate in the world scares the shit out of me, and that's part f why I want t

o die.

It's not just the fact that she was murdered that's really upsetting to me. The way that a lot of people have reacted to h

er murder is also extremely upsetting. The media is awful about it, especially since the Daily Mail and The Times both updated their coverage to deadname her. I've already wanted to give up for years, but things like this, along with increasing anti-trans legislation makes me feel unwelcome on this planet.

I should also mention that I'm an extremely emotional person due to BPD and estrogen. I tend to take things harder than a lot of other people would. I don't know if "invalidating" is necessarily the right word, but it makes me feel afraid. All of the hate in the world scares the shit out of me, and that's part of why I want to die.
That makes sense. But again, to me at least it's just humans. A black person dies and the right shows their mugshot. The left shows them as a child for sympathy. People cover shit for their agenda. Friend, i will not pretend i understand your struggle. Fuck everyone else. You gotta be you. But again, considering where we are... I don't think her death should encourage you. I won't do the fake positive shit.. but fuck everyone. Who gives a fuck if people don't accept you? Fuck them. You don't need anyone if you don't wanna be here. We don't belong regardless. You be you. I'll listen if you ever want. I just personally think you don't need to be broken by media shit. They all suck. Children are born into sex trafficking. They don't care. The media is balls. Always.

Last edited:
Reactions: OutOfTheVoid and borderline-feline
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
Unfortunately, we were both cursed with the dreaded XY chromosome. It really does suck when you have to go through life being jealous of cis people of the sex you desired to have been born as. I feel very uncomfortable with sex talk from both sexes, just for different reasons so I can relate. While it is understandable that it would feel invalidating that she figured you were born male, you did ask for her honest opinion and gave it. I might be wrong, but on surface, I assume it's a lot easier for FTM to go stealth than MTF (asides from the scarring where they had their breasts removed).

I am sorry that we are both going through dysphoria. I cannot answer your question about why you should bother staying alive as that is something only you have autonomy to answer for yourself. I've already determined for myself that it isn't worth it.
Yeah, trans women have it better in some ways and worse in others. Testosterone is a particularly powerful hormone, so after going through male puberty, it makes it that much harder to pass. On the flip side, MTF genital surgery is more advanced than FTM genital surgery. Being trans all-around makes life more difficult, and I hate it. Tbh, I should've taken my own advice of "don't ask questions you're not prepared to hear the answers to".

Also, you shouldn't feel the need to answer that question. I may not have been the most clear about it, but it was rhetorical.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Laivirt and WorthlessTrash
looking_for_peace

looking_for_peace

Student
Dec 4, 2022
I will never understand how people can harbor such intense animosity towards a group of people to the point of celebrating/laughing when they die. deadnaming a transgender person who was murdered is absolutely vile. I don't think you're overreacting at all.

• Love
Reactions: OutOfTheVoid, empty sighs, 0000000000000 and 5 others
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
That makes sense. But again, to me at least it's just humans. A black person dies and the right shows their mugshot. The left shows them as a child for sympathy. People cover shit for their agenda. Friend, i will not pretend i understand your struggle. Fuck everyone else. You gotta be you. But again, considering where we are... I don't think her death should encourage you. I won't do the fake positive shit.. but fuck everyone. Who gives a fuck if people don't accept you? Fuck them. You don't need anyone if you don't wanna be here. We don't belong regardless. You be you. I'll listen if you ever want. I just personally think you don't need to be broken by media shit. They all suck. Children are born into sex trafficking. They don't care. The media is balls. Always.
I appreciate how frank and realistic you are. I've dealt with some people in my life who were all too happy to try and paint over my pain with rainbows and sunshine, so the realism is refreshing.

It's frustrating when people refuse to acknowledge the bad things about the world. It's often out of selfishness; they can't stand to look at the horrible things in the world, so they paint over it in order to avoid it while doing nothing about the issue at hand. It's pretty insulting when people just want everyone to see the world through rose-colored glasses.

Reactions: OutOfTheVoid, empty sighs, 0000000000000 and 2 others
xero

xero

Jan 15, 2023
My best friend ended her life 13 years ago. Everyone was sad. So was I. But everyone said why should be here. I saw it differently. Someone with a terminal illness dies and everyone says "they aren't in pain anymore." Thats how i felt. My friend had a spiritual illness no one could see. Im glad she isnt suffering. Humans are selfish by nature. We cant escape that. They just are naturally so narcissistic its fucking insane.You're correct. But to let them change your path is honesty worthless. Fuck them. They won't get it and you don't need to care if they don't. A murder is awful. But don't let that change your path. The human condition... it's just awful. I hope you feel at least a little more centered friend.

Reactions: metalpi and borderline-feline
W

Winterreise

I wanna be a baby and cry and be held forever
Jun 27, 2022
Thanks Joe Rogan

NHLTradeRumor

NHLTradeRumor

wow life sucks
Dec 13, 2022
God I can relate to that. Even in one on the most accepting states in the US, I'm seeing more and more people start to not like us. In red states, anti-trans laws are being passed left and right, and it scares me, not only for myself, but for every trans person on the planet. While I plan on CTB quite soon, most trans people will stay alive through this shit storm. I really feel like thee majority of humanity hates trans people, and it hurts, almost as much as my dysphoria itself. Dysphoria is at least partially a genetic condition, like autism or type 1 diabetes, but you don't see such hatred to either group. I think I know why people are starting to hate us more, but that's a bit too political for SaSu in my opinion. Humans suck

Reactions: 0000000000000 and borderline-feline
Z

Zelonis

Jan 22, 2023
Do not hate yourself for being transgender. You shouldn't hate yourself just because who you are.

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
Do not hate yourself for being transgender. You shouldn't hate yourself just because who you are.
I never said that I hate myself. I hate being trans because of the inherent pain that it brings. Between dysphoria and discrimination, being trans is awful. Hating certain aspects of my life or my body because of the pain that they cause me isn't the same as hating myself.
God I can relate to that. Even in one on the most accepting states in the US, I'm seeing more and more people start to not like us. In red states, anti-trans laws are being passed left and right, and it scares me, not only for myself, but for every trans person on the planet. While I plan on CTB quite soon, most trans people will stay alive through this shit storm. I really feel like thee majority of humanity hates trans people, and it hurts, almost as much as my dysphoria itself. Dysphoria is at least partially a genetic condition, like autism or type 1 diabetes, but you don't see such hatred to either group. I think I know why people are starting to hate us more, but that's a bit too political for SaSu in my opinion. Humans suck
I think I know what reasons you mean, and if it's what I think it is, then you're right about it being too political. Personally, I don't know if the state where I live is considered a red state or a blue state in general, but we do have a democrat governor. Even in circles that are much less conservative, there's a lot of hate still.

I bawled my eyes out on Tuesday while I was at work because of reading the news and reading tweets. I still made rate tho, so it ended up working out. It was also an interesting feeling because I was furious, but for once, my anger wasn't disproportionate. In some ways, I'm emotionally getting back to whatever the closest I can be to normal is, but in other ways, I'm definitely regressing.

I think that I crave the chaos in my emotions to some extent, but that's a topic for another thread.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: OutOfTheVoid, apple2myeye!, 0000000000000 and 4 others
SuicidalSheep

SuicidalSheep

Feb 20, 2021
I've been questioning whether I'm trans the past few years. At first I liked it because I'd get ro be a woman but then reality kinda slapped me in the face. Sure I knew those things somewhat but they hadn't sinked in. So many masculine features won't change, I'm 26 (it takes years to get her here too). I might be blind by 31 or later anyway.

But ignoring that.. my body just feels really off. I didn't choose that. On top of that, I can't tell whether I'm actually just making this shit up because there weren't any real signs before and my pssd makes emotions hard to discern. Especially since I took saint jons wort and accidentally may have taken ashwagandah later and seem to have lost some stuff I'd feel during questioning. I haven't been able to cry about it a single time but I feel so limited by and foreign in my own body it just feels off on a sensual level like it's not really me, and whenever I looked in the mirror with clothes where I could kind of imagine a woman underneath, it felt so much more natural and soothing just to.. Exist. Maybe it's all in my head. I don't know. I feel like a fake trans person. But even if I don't turn out to be trans, I at least understand the struggle.

And then there's the constant confirmation that people hate and don't care about nor understand trans people at all. People trying to take medical care away even though for other conditions that's seen as inhumane. People creating tons of hatred and actually killing us while nobody really cares.

Many people never actually seeing you as the gender you are no matter how hard you try, especially if you don't pass The people who don't understand transness. I've went online and passed with my voice to be met with misoginy, but once I didn't pass... People legit bullying me for being a "tranny" and a "shemale" right away for no reason and sometimes other people ganging up on me. And when you don't try at all? Then people constantly make comments to remind you you're a man. I end up telling I'm trans even if I pass because it's way too exhausting to fear fuckin up at some point especially because I'm dealing with vocal health issues.

The unfair double standards don't help either. It's exhausting. The moderates are one thing, but The gender criticals, terfs, alt righters, why are they so desperate to make trans peoples lives miserable? Don't they know most of them are already dealing with a physical condition that can be debilitating enough to cause suicide in its own right? While kick people while they're down? They didn't do anything. It's not based in anything logical. They've been showing genocide signs. They don't want trans people to exist.

The Icing on the cake is that the online trans community makes very little sense to me and condones many things that just make trans people look silly. I'm not the type to be a pickme, reactionary or conservative. I try to respect non binary identities. But fuck. Amab masc lesbians? Come on guys. I know I should be focusing on things that actually matter but it feels like two groups with two very different issues and I'm supposed to act like I'm the same and conform to their needs where all gender is is some social shit. I don't really feel an inherent "identity" inside at all, I just realized I feel like my body should be female and want ro be categorized as such as there is a part of my neurology that dictates this. I'd count as "agender" by how much they separate sex and gender now but I don't want to be called that or go by they them I just want to be a girl. I dunno I know I'm not supposed to be infighting so much but I'd just like a space that understands and doesn't promite things like "Wanting to pass is transphobic, it's internalized transphobia". Come on that is literally transphobic yet is passed off as progressive.

• Love
Reactions: looking_for_peace, borderline-feline, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
ScottPilgram

ScottPilgram

slime guy, xe/xem it/its
Feb 2, 2019
It is so hard being alive and trans right now.... Dysphoria is a bitch. I'm a little more of a freak so I've been getting my nails done to look like claws. Like literally just Stiletto tip black nails. And I been thinkin bout gettin horns and I'm on the waitin list for top surgery and what not but got damn. This shit will only slightly helps. My ideal transition is more "creature" like haha so in a way I get it. No matter what I get done there's always something thats gonna bring me down about my body :/.

The trans death toll is so scary, espessilly the aftermath. I've seen people celebrate this child's death. It makes me feel so hopeless.. The numbers go up, there's more to mourn every year. I know this is a pro ctb forum but I'd hate for you to be another person on the list of trans people to mourn.

it's so hard these days, its terrifying. I often want to scream. I have nothing comforting to say, I just wanted to say I get it. I completley understand. Things that often bring me comfort is being T4T... dealing with cis people less surprisingly makes my dysphoria not super bad sometimes LOL.

• Hugs
Reactions: looking_for_peace and apple2myeye!
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
Actually, there is a lot of hatred, cruelty, violence, and discrimination against autistic people. These issues include harmful "treatments" like bleach enemas to cure autism, inhumane restraints and "treatment" practices to make them more "compliant" and "neurotypical"; the stereotype of autistics being more prone to violence and committing violent crimes; higher rates of bullying, isolation, abuse, and neglect; higher rates of suicide, the 80 - 85 % unemployment rate largely due to ableism, the underestimation of homelessness in autistic adults, and even murderers gaining lighter sentences and more sympathy when killing autistic (or other neurodivergent) victims.

Unfortunately, these dilemmas aren't taken seriously by the general public, let alone strongly combated against, as other forms of discrimination and violence. Hell, with all the shit that neurotypicals sling at autistic individuals, it's no wonder why they develop comorbid mental conditions like anxiety disorders, depression, and PTSD/C-PTSD, and are 9 times more likely to end their lives. I myself am diagnosed with major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and PTSD along with autistic spectrum disorder.

Regarding transphobia, it's atrocious how transgender individuals are deadnamed and misgendered after death, along with their demises and suffering being celebrated by the mundane masses. And that ever-crushing mound of shit called dysphoria greatly compounds their misery. The subject of postmortem identity erasure hits really close to home. For over a year, I've been struggling to navigate and complete my estate planning to help protect my identity after death from relatives, especially from the abusive, manipulative sperm donor. There needs to be laws to better safeguard the gender identities of the deceased. Unfortunately, given the ignorance, hostility, and cruelty towards LGBTQ+ people, I'm not optimistic about these changes occurring anytime soon.

This video by Ask a Mortician touches upon this topic.

• Informative
Reactions: aticeret, looking_for_peace, empty sighs and 3 others
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
Even if not born trans, the fact humanity would do that to teenage girl (the aftermath) should make you question whether species is really worth it.

• Love
Reactions: aticeret, empty sighs, Rogue Proxy and 2 others
ScottPilgram

ScottPilgram

slime guy, xe/xem it/its
Feb 2, 2019
Actually, there is a lot of hatred, cruelty, violence, and discrimination against autistic people. These issues include harmful "treatments" like bleach enemas to cure autism, inhumane restraints and "treatment" practices to make them more "compliant" and "neurotypical"; the stereotype of autistics being more prone to violence and committing violent crimes; higher rates of bullying, isolation, abuse, and neglect; higher rates of suicide, the 80 - 85 % unemployment rate largely due to ableism, the underestimation of homelessness in autistic adults, and even murderers gaining lighter sentences and more sympathy when killing autistic (or other neurodivergent) victims.

Unfortunately, these dilemmas aren't taken seriously by the general public, let alone strongly combated against, as other forms of discrimination and violence. Hell, with all the shit that neurotypicals sling at autistic individuals, it's no wonder why they develop comorbid mental conditions like anxiety disorders, depression, and PTSD/C-PTSD, and are 9 times more likely to end their lives. I myself am diagnosed with major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and PTSD along with autistic spectrum disorder.

Regarding transphobia, it's atrocious how transgender individuals are deadnamed and misgendered after death, along with their demises and suffering being celebrated by the mundane masses. And that ever-crushing mound of shit called dysphoria greatly compounds their misery. The subject of postmortem identity erasure hits really close to home. For over a year, I've been struggling to navigate and complete my estate planning to help protect my identity after death from relatives, especially from the abusive, manipulative sperm donor. There needs to be laws to better safeguard the gender identities of the deceased. Unfortunately, given the ignorance, hostility, and cruelty towards LGBTQ+ people, I'm not optimistic about these changes occurring anytime soon.

This video by Ask a Mortician touches upon this topic.

Yes, I feel like if you aren't Disabled or really active about Disability justice you would never even know. passive and extreme abuse directed at Disabled people is normalized in society to a scary degree. I believe the abuse Disabled people face also causes abuse against others. Every issue can be tied into eachother. For every cis Disabled person, there is also a trans Disabled person and we all need to fight for eachother because when one of us doesnt have our rights none of us do. Disabled people are largely vulnerable to being SA'd too just like trans people. It's sad the amount of negatives both our communities share :/

• Love
Reactions: empty sighs, Rogue Proxy and 0000000000000
SuicidalSheep

SuicidalSheep

Feb 20, 2021
It's true that there's lots of awful abelism everywhere which goes basically unrecognized, both physical and mental, visible and invisible, and that abelism against autistic people is one of them. But I gotta say, as an autistic person who started questioning way later, I feel like being trans right now feels a lot scarier than being autistic, though it helps I don't live in a place with an organization as awful as autism speaks.

I remember when I went to a special school where most had physical disbailties like not being able to walk or near blindness and just realizing how.. Hidden a lot of these people are in society to begin with. The abuse against them is so normalized too. Most wouldn't even know. It really made me think.

Reactions: borderline-feline and 0000000000000
ScottPilgram

ScottPilgram

slime guy, xe/xem it/its
Feb 2, 2019
It's true that there's lots of awful abelism everywhere which goes basically unrecognized, both physical and mental, visible and invisible, and that abelism against autistic people is one of them. But I gotta say, as an autistic person who started questioning way later, I feel like being trans right now feels a lot scarier than being autistic, though it helps I don't live in a place with an organization as awful as autism speaks.

I remember when I went to a special school where most had physical disbailties like not being able to walk or near blindness and just realizing how.. Hidden a lot of these people are in society to begin with. The abuse against them is so normalized too. Most wouldn't even know. It really made me think.
Most of the horrifying stuff that happens to Disabled people isn't talked about because when we are killed or forcefully sterilized it's seen as mercy or deserved

• Aww..
Reactions: empty sighs
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
Humans are animals after all. It seems to be the case that emotions override logic for us in many cases including reacting poorly to anything that makes us uncomfortable. I can't quite understand how it goes unchecked to such extreme extents. I've stopped leaving the house quite some time ago because I don't pass and just don't want to deal with it all. At least in my case, knowing that I'm not even safe to walk outside in certain parts of the world is very depressing. I want it all to end. I definitely understand how shitty it can be.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, borderline-feline and 0000000000000
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
Even if not born trans, the fact humanity would do that to teenage girl (the aftermath) should make you question whether species is really worth it.
I absolutely agree. The fact that anyone is making light of or celebrating the brutal murder of a 16-year-old shows that some people are just morally bankrupt to the point that they show how cruel humans can be.

When a hate crime happens, it tends to hit people harder when they're part of the protected group to which the victim belongs.
It is so hard being alive and trans right now.... Dysphoria is a bitch. I'm a little more of a freak so I've been getting my nails done to look like claws. Like literally just Stiletto tip black nails. And I been thinkin bout gettin horns and I'm on the waitin list for top surgery and what not but got damn. This shit will only slightly helps. My ideal transition is more "creature" like haha so in a way I get it. No matter what I get done there's always something thats gonna bring me down about my body :/.

The trans death toll is so scary, espessilly the aftermath. I've seen people celebrate this child's death. It makes me feel so hopeless.. The numbers go up, there's more to mourn every year. I know this is a pro ctb forum but I'd hate for you to be another person on the list of trans people to mourn.

it's so hard these days, its terrifying. I often want to scream. I have nothing comforting to say, I just wanted to say I get it. I completley understand. Things that often bring me comfort is being T4T... dealing with cis people less surprisingly makes my dysphoria not super bad sometimes LOL.
That's part of why I wouldn't want to be remembered if I were to ctb. The fact that I found out about Brianna's murder through some people I follow on twitter having horrified reactions to a post about it from a particularly infamous gimmick account put me into anger mode immediately. The fact that I saw people mocking her murder before I even knew what happened is fucking infuriating.
I've been questioning whether I'm trans the past few years. At first I liked it because I'd get ro be a woman but then reality kinda slapped me in the face. Sure I knew those things somewhat but they hadn't sinked in. So many masculine features won't change, I'm 26 (it takes years to get her here too). I might be blind by 31 or later anyway.

But ignoring that.. my body just feels really off. I didn't choose that. On top of that, I can't tell whether I'm actually just making this shit up because there weren't any real signs before and my pssd makes emotions hard to discern. Especially since I took saint jons wort and accidentally may have taken ashwagandah later and seem to have lost some stuff I'd feel during questioning. I haven't been able to cry about it a single time but I feel so limited by and foreign in my own body it just feels off on a sensual level like it's not really me, and whenever I looked in the mirror with clothes where I could kind of imagine a woman underneath, it felt so much more natural and soothing just to.. Exist. Maybe it's all in my head. I don't know. I feel like a fake trans person. But even if I don't turn out to be trans, I at least understand the struggle.

And then there's the constant confirmation that people hate and don't care about nor understand trans people at all. People trying to take medical care away even though for other conditions that's seen as inhumane. People creating tons of hatred and actually killing us while nobody really cares.

Many people never actually seeing you as the gender you are no matter how hard you try, especially if you don't pass The people who don't understand transness. I've went online and passed with my voice to be met with misoginy, but once I didn't pass... People legit bullying me for being a "tranny" and a "shemale" right away for no reason and sometimes other people ganging up on me. And when you don't try at all? Then people constantly make comments to remind you you're a man. I end up telling I'm trans even if I pass because it's way too exhausting to fear fuckin up at some point especially because I'm dealing with vocal health issues.

The unfair double standards don't help either. It's exhausting. The moderates are one thing, but The gender criticals, terfs, alt righters, why are they so desperate to make trans peoples lives miserable? Don't they know most of them are already dealing with a physical condition that can be debilitating enough to cause suicide in its own right? While kick people while they're down? They didn't do anything. It's not based in anything logical. They've been showing genocide signs. They don't want trans people to exist.

The Icing on the cake is that the online trans community makes very little sense to me and condones many things that just make trans people look silly. I'm not the type to be a pickme, reactionary or conservative. I try to respect non binary identities. But fuck. Amab masc lesbians? Come on guys. I know I should be focusing on things that actually matter but it feels like two groups with two very different issues and I'm supposed to act like I'm the same and conform to their needs where all gender is is some social shit. I don't really feel an inherent "identity" inside at all, I just realized I feel like my body should be female and want ro be categorized as such as there is a part of my neurology that dictates this. I'd count as "agender" by how much they separate sex and gender now but I don't want to be called that or go by they them I just want to be a girl. I dunno I know I'm not supposed to be infighting so much but I'd just like a space that understands and doesn't promite things like "Wanting to pass is transphobic, it's internalized transphobia". Come on that is literally transphobic yet is passed off as progressive.
I know exactly how you feel. Spaces that are supposed to be safe for trans people can often be very alienating. On the last thread where I talked about being trans and the pain of dysphoria, one suggestion that someone had was for me to try going to some kind of LGBT center, but I'm always afraid that I'll be outcast from groups like that since I just want to be a regular woman. I've been accused of having "internalized transphobia" quite a few times in my life by people who want to police the way that I talk about my pain and my experiences. I hate the fact that my existence is politicized, and I just wanna be like other girls and live a normal life without feeling like ripping my skin off because my body isn't what it should be.

Transphobia is a very real and big problem, but I think some people just don't realize that being trans would suck even without bigotry. The earliest memories I have are of gender dysphoria, wishing that I'd wake up the next day with a female body so that I would stop feeling so much discomfort.

I remember back before I truly accepted that I'm trans (I had a lot of issues to work out before a diagnosis of gender dysphoria), I was watching Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika. It was pretty new at the time, and the idea of becoming a magical girl and getting a wish was so exciting to me. I knew in that moment that my wish would be to be biologically female, and I knew that I would fight a million witches if that was what it took to make my wish come true. That was back when I was in middle school, which was hell in particular thanks to the onset of puberty (among other things unrelated to this thread).

I'm constantly paranoid about whether or not I pass because dysphoria turns every molehill into a mountain. Any physical trait of my body that's even remotely male gets amplified and magnified to the point that I can't stand looking at the person in the mirror. I've actually smashed a few mirrors because of that.

It often feels like when someone's brain is different than normal, people go out of their way to make life more difficult for them. Discrimination against people who are physically disabled is also a big problem, but I feel like it's been improving because people can see those disabilities, making it easier for them to understand and take seriously.

When it comes to neurological disabilities like autism, so many people have no understanding of what it actually is because they can't see it. There's a lot of infantilization and refusal to make simple accommodations. I was forced into "special ed" as a kid, and it was awful. The school didn't understand at all that I have a social disability and not a learning disability, so the things that needed work weren't worked on. I was constantly treated the same exact way that students with learning disabilities were, which is to say that they treated me like I was stupid.

There were quite a few times when I'd get in trouble for things relating to my autism, and instead of explaining what I did wrong, the special ed teacher would shout "YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!" at me as I cried and let out a frightened "what did I do wrong?" I was even almost expelled for reasons related to my disability. Thankfully, my father knew the laws surrounding disability and threatened to sue the school if they expelled me.

Autism and gender dysphoria aren't taken seriously by a lot of people for the same kinds of reasons. They're issues with the way that the brain develops, therefore people aren't able to see the issue and believe it to be fake because of that.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: empty sighs, Rogue Proxy and Sakura94
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I was just trying to imagine though being friends or knowing people who condone that. Could I be friends with people with people who are so disgustingly transphobic if I was not trans myself. I really hope I wouldn't be. Sadly far too many people are like that. Truthfully I don't know anyone who can step in to protect trans people in UK now.

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
I was just trying to imagine though being friends or knowing people who condone that. Could I be friends with people with people who are so disgustingly transphobic if I was not trans myself. I really hope I wouldn't be. Sadly far too many people are like that. Truthfully I don't know anyone who can step in to protect trans people in UK now.
It's an unfortunate reality that people often hold regressive beliefs out of ignorance. Hate largely stems from fear, which stems from ignorance. When people get so much misinformation from certain groups about things, it fuels that fear, which in turn fuels the hate.

Having an understanding of something generally makes people more accepting, and I sometimes think about things like that. I didn't really understand gender dysphoria as a kid (despite experiencing it) since no one really talked about it, and I could probably think of some bigoted things that I said and believed out of pure ignorance.

It kind of reminds me of a thought experiment we had in my high school sociology class, in which our teacher asserted that if we existed in 1930s Germany, then we would likely hold antisemitic beliefs as a result of those being the norm at the time. The surroundings that a person has can greatly impact what they believe and who they befriend, and it's kind of scary to think about.

• Informative
Reactions: empty sighs
happy?1270

happy?1270

Hydrangeas and delphiniums @ my funeral
Mar 11, 2020
Love your hibari "kun" pfp

Reactions: borderline-feline
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
Love your hibari "kun" pfp
Thank you. Oozora Hibari is a character I'm very drawn to, as she's a much more realistic depiction of a trans character than I'm used to seeing. The desire she has for larger breasts and the desire for her father to see her as his daughter are particularly relatable. In a way, Hibari is something of a power fantasy to me since she's popular, athletic, and stealth, but she also has depth to her character despite that and experiences transphobia. It's kind of wild how the 2 best-written trans characters I've seen in any media are a trans guy from a 1978 manga and a trans girl from a 1981 manga.

I just wish that the fansubs of the anime were more accurate to what's being said. There are multiple instances of the term "ニューハーフ" being incorrectly translated as "crossdresser" when it's a slang term used to refer to trans women who haven't had vaginoplasty, as they're considered "half-male and half-female".

It'd be amazing if Eguchi-sensei were to make a continuation of the series, especially if he's allowed to create it at his own pace since Shounen Jump's schedule was what caused the abrupt end to the manga in 1983.

Sorry for rambling; I have a tendency to go on for a while when I talk about my special interests.

• Informative
Reactions: Rogue Proxy
Mikan3

Mikan3

Nov 8, 2019
as much as Brianna's murder was a huge deal for the trans community it seems like most people have never heard of her or what happened
i don't think her death is going to change how cis ppl treat us, at least in any positive way

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
as much as Brianna's murder was a huge deal for the trans community it seems like most people have never heard of her or what happened
i don't think her death is going to change how cis ppl treat us, at least in any positive way
If anything, some of the reactions that I've seen just show how badly many cis people view and treat us.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and Sakura94
EndlessDream

EndlessDream

Feb 15, 2023
I find I'm pretty gender non-conforming. I like crossdressing, I also am short, have long hair, and not much body hair compared to other guys. My voice is higher pitch than most guys. I'm trying to like myself the way I am and not trying to change how I look to be happier, at the same time I wish I looked different. I find any effort to make me look more feminine will attract more negative attention, so I feel like I'm in limbo and just wasn't born manly or womanly enough to be considered either strongly.

Reactions: borderline-feline