Justaroguegear

Justaroguegear

Tired
Mar 11, 2020
Had to share a room with my sister. I lived in a house with 3 rooms, one was basically empty until it was slowly filled with garbage. I lived with my grandparents. They did it to save money on heating. They used a furnace/hearth, whatever it's called. Apparently buying wood to burn was cheaper than central heating. And that room didn't really warm up from the fire. The furnace was broken and fixed a lot, leaking smoke, there was almost always a hint of it in the air when it was used. It's not that we were poor, my father gave them money all the time. They had money for 100000 potted plants that were everywhere by the time I left. You could barely walk around the property without bumping into one. I say property because it's larger than your usual yard in the USA or whatever. I did not realize it wasn't normal at the time, I hated it, but accepted it was to save money.

Anyway this is just a small thing I dropped here, I'll probably be writing more of these short rants.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: highlyvolatile, Nottoohotlatte, Otter and 2 others
GotoHellforHeavensSa

GotoHellforHeavensSa

Mar 12, 2020
Well, if it cheer you up - i never had any actual room of my own 'till my senior year of high school xd It takes CTB attempt to finally organize me one, because before i had some kind of corridor with absolutely zero privacy, despite parents had two separate rooms for each other,so you know, i understand you xd So if it will be a topic about not having actual rooms, then it is a good start i think xd

Reactions: Abaigh
Justaroguegear

Justaroguegear

Tired
Mar 11, 2020
I still don't.. My mother constantly walks through it to kitchen, to hang clothes, to bother me with some bullshit. If she was quiet and walked through once in a while I wouldn't care, I'd be able to ignore it. But she can't, she'll just say some gibberish for no reason at all, and I have to ask what because of headphones. And it's nothing.

GotoHellforHeavensSa

GotoHellforHeavensSa

Mar 12, 2020
I still don't.. My mother constantly walks through it to kitchen, to hang clothes, to bother me with some bullshit. If she was quiet and walked through once in a while I wouldn't care, I'd be able to ignore it. But she can't, she'll just say some gibberish for no reason at all, and I have to ask what because of headphones. And it's nothing.
Had the same. For example whenever someone was passing through my "corridoor' and by chance i was playing on Xbox then i had to stop, 'cause someone always had to look and catch a glimpse of whatever i was doing. And it was going like that for like 30-times a day, it was annoying asf. So i hope you will one day get rid of this situation. Everyone deserve a BIT of privacy, why your family does not seem to understand it?

Reactions: Deleted member 14386
Justaroguegear

Justaroguegear

Tired
Mar 11, 2020
You can't reason with this woman. She is a broken person. Obsessive compulsive maybe? On the spectrum? Besides the schizophrenia which shows no symptoms with meds. Or maybe the meds made her this way. The only thing is moving out. Never going to happen with my level of education and current salary. And my father will never pay for rent. He didn't say this directly, I never even asked, but the way he is saving money especially on me and my mother, no chance ever.

Nottoohotlatte

Nottoohotlatte

Melatonin & Tequila
Mar 10, 2020
I don't mean to pull away from your situation or post when I say this, but I had the polar opposite situation while growing up.
I was the youngest of 4. All of us separated by a 3 year gap. I was the last baby bird sitting in the safety of the nest, Just me and my parents were left.
When I was 15 my parents moved out of our 5 bedroom house to attend to my dying grandparents. I was utterly alone. They made sure I had the bare minimum to survive and keep themselves away from any "abuse" accusations . They played their roles in the abandonment very well. All the way until my ripe old age of 18.
At the time I thought it couldn't get better. I got to party, drink, do drugs and have whoever I wanted over. So long as i didn't raise to much attention on my house.
Looking back now I missed out on being taken care of. I suffer because of it and would wish it upon no one. It seems parents never do know how to properly raise their offspring, no matter how hard they try. We will all still be a little let down.

Sending love your way Quitting, we all need a little understanding in our rants. I hope you find the privacy you deserve.

Reactions: Oyoy
D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
You can't reason with this woman. She is a broken person. Obsessive compulsive maybe? On the spectrum? Besides the schizophrenia which shows no symptoms with meds. Or maybe the meds made her this way. The only thing is moving out. Never going to happen with my level of education and current salary. And my father will never pay for rent. He didn't say this directly, I never even asked, but the way he is saving money especially on me and my mother, no chance ever.
Is it possible to put a lock on the door? Say you've got really into meditation or something and need time to not be disturbed. I dunno I deal with similar issues but not nearly as bad as that sounds. She does sound....odd. lol no offence
edit: I actually think a lot of older people have un-diagnosed mental illness, my dad definitely does but just shrugs it off as "that's how he is"

Last edited:
Justaroguegear

Justaroguegear

Tired
Mar 11, 2020
She's almost odd enough to be sent to hospital in my opinion. Or at least looked at more closely. Thing is my family is the type to sweep things under the rug. My father probably tells her to keep the real insane shit to herself when talking to psychiatrist.

• Wow
Reactions: Nottoohotlatte
Smashingairwaves

Smashingairwaves

misery factory
Nov 15, 2018
Had to share a room with my two sisters at one point. My mother got a flatmate to help pay the bills, cause she spent all her money on pot and alcohol.

I understand, it truly sucked. Didn't help that flatmate was a complete creep