L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I had 4 weeks of happiness in my life. 2 weeks when L-Tryptophan worked for me, I was so happy and calm. Then it stopped working and back to crippling depression.
I had another two weeks when Lithium Orotate was working. I was happy, calm and confident. The rest of my life, misery morning to evening.

So happiness in my opinion is having good brain chemistry. And other ingredients of a happy life - which I had but they weren't happy for me because of my ruined brain.

Reactions: FuneralCry
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I used to be one of them and then I did something stupid. I won't ever be happy again now

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, Lost in a Dream and Ghost2211
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
People who are happy are delusional. To me life is just pointless as everything just ends in death and non existence. Anyone who manages to feel that way are lucky though as I cannot ignore the pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, TripleA, deleted and 2 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I can see having a lot of happy moments in the day, but I can't comprehend someone's base level emotion being happy. I think the people that seem elated all the time are just putting on a show in public because they think it's socially pleasing.

I don't need to be happy all or even most of the time. Even just relaxing at the end of the day can make up for a rough day. I want to die due to circumstances I can't change not because I can't be minimal levels of happy.

I understand happy as just feeling alright, that elated manic cute ooh so positive stuff is never real. Just like having dozens of hobbies, being incredibly passionate about whatever cause, etc. People who are doing alright are not really doing extreme things.

• Love
Reactions: 262653, FuneralCry and Ghost2211
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I think there is some relation to "Ignorance is bliss" here, meaning that happy people are "happy" because they are ignorant and unaware of the shittiness around their world and the world in general. A fair amount of them choose to stay and remain ignorant so they don't have to confront the harsh reality that is 'life'.

Reactions: 262653 and FuneralCry
T

tidalwxves

Student
Sep 8, 2020
it gets annoying when some of these happy people that are constantly showing off how happy they are by being animated in the way they speak, and sometimes they do these cringey ass expressions and body movements. its hard to explain in words, but its like how this girl acts in this video:

I understand you are in a lot of pain, I get that its frustrating to see other people achieving joy and peace when you have struggled and still come up empty. But how does it benefit you to pick apart this woman and call her cringey because she is enjoying her food? This doesn't bring you closer to any of your goals, whether it be recovery or CTB. If anything I would hope the pain people like us share would make us more empathetic, not more judgemental.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and 262653
laura fines

laura fines

Oct 4, 2020
Seriously, I don't understand how people are happy.

How are people in a good mood? What is there to be happy about? Are people really enjoying their lives, or are they just pretending to?

It doesn't seem possible to me to actually be happy most of the time. I've been so miserable for so long that I've literally forgotten what it feels like to be happy, to wake up feeling good and excited to start the day.

It feels so alien to me that there are actually people in the world who enjoy being alive.
i don't think that they are always happy
but they can struggle with life, and in some way, enjoy it
i am ill, i am depressed...
my illness causes that nothing works: i have not hobbies, i have not hope, i have not people around me, but i don't feel good in any way, not with people, no alone, not indoors, not outdoors... all the time i feel this sadness

S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
I sometimes wonder if they are ones suffering with a mental illness of being happy, I have depressed for so long that I have forgotten what happy feels like.

Reactions: laura fines
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
it gets annoying when some of these happy people that are constantly showing off how happy they are by being animated in the way they speak, and sometimes they do these cringey ass expressions and body movements. its hard to explain in words, but its like how this girl acts in this video:

I agree that they can definitely be annoying at times, when we are so miserable, but sometimes I am envious of them. Day after day, these people get to post videos of things that they enjoy and can make money off of it. They never have to deal with an employer giving them orders and they don't know what it's like to go from one job to the next, hoping to find something that makes life worth living, only to be let down each time. When they aren't making videos, they can do anything they want to because they don't have a mountain of responsibilities forced onto them by someone else.

At the same time, I'm also glad that I am NOT one of them because I would probably be spouting pro-life nonsense every chance I got because I lacked the ability to understand suicide. On our side of the fence, I have more empathy than I would have otherwise so I guess that's a good thing, but it would still be cool if we could experience the best of both sides.

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653