ctbestie

ctbestie

raine
Oct 23, 2023
i know i dont have to be the best at all things or be able to do numerous kinds of things but i still cant help but feel pressured and think that im not good enough. i do get high grades and i can do a lot too but i have peers who can do all those and even better. i keep telling myself that im special in my own way and that im already good enough and yet i still feel suffocated whenever i see the people around me do better. it doesn't help knowing i could do so much more if i worked harder but im unable to fix my habits of procrastination, spacing out, skipping meals, and sleeping late. my life's a mess. im grade-conscious but im also filled with laziness. i overthink a lot too and i cant help my people-pleasing tendencies. it's getting harder and harder to live on when i feel like ive wasted so much time on unnecessary things. i feel so guilty even when i take naps. i know it's bad but i have been comparing myself to others who've achieved less in order to make myself feel better. it does work to a certain extent but then i feel guilty doing so. i cant do this anymore.
i know i dont have to be the best at all things or be able to do numerous kinds of things but i still cant help but feel pressured and think that im not good enough. i do get high grades and i can do a lot too but i have peers who can do all those and even better. i keep telling myself that im special in my own way and that im already good enough and yet i still feel suffocated whenever i see the people around me do better. it doesn't help knowing i could do so much more if i worked harder but im unable to fix my habits of procrastination, spacing out, skipping meals, and sleeping late. my life's a mess. im grade-conscious but im also filled with laziness. i overthink a lot too and i cant help my people-pleasing tendencies. it's getting harder and harder to live on when i feel like ive wasted so much time on unnecessary things. i feel so guilty even when i take naps. i know it's bad but i have been comparing myself to others who've achieved less in order to make myself feel better. it does work to a certain extent but then i feel guilty doing so. i cant do this anymore.
i literally procrastinated on some schoolwork just to vent…but i had to get it off my chest.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: canibesaved and princexhhn
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
Idk mate, I never really cared about the others being better than me, and 'wasted' most of my life playing videogames, so I don't think I'm in the best position to help you.
Unless you mean others being better than me at videogames, but that rarely happens: if there's a game I like, I usually end up being among the best.
I know it sounds very cocky, but truth is it's one of the few things I usually end up doing better than the rest, if not the only one.

But I never really felt very competitive in other activities, because with time I have gotten to know myself, my talents(no one) and my limits.
If you always feel so bad about how the others are performing, maybe you should try and compete with them in stuff where you feel you have an edge. Something you have a talent for. I wish you best of luck anyways, and don't be too hard on yourself.

• Love
Reactions: ctbestie
ctbestie

ctbestie

raine
Oct 23, 2023
Idk mate, I never really cared about the others being better than me, and 'wasted' most of my life playing videogames, so I don't think I'm in the best position to help you.
Unless you mean others being better than me at videogames, but that rarely happens: if there's a game I like, I usually end up being among the best.
I know it sounds very cocky, but truth is it's one of the few things I usually end up doing better than the rest, if not the only one.

But I never really felt very competitive in other activities, because with time I have gotten to know myself, my talents(no one) and my limits.
If you always feel so bad about how the others are performing, maybe you should try and compete with them in stuff where you feel you have an edge. Something you have a talent for. I wish you best of luck anyways, and don't be too hard on yourself.
u don't sound cocky dw. thank you for sharing too! ill do my best to keep your words in mind.

• Hugs
Reactions: SmollMushroom
canibesaved

canibesaved

Oct 22, 2023
I feel this way too. today I am missing school because I had an anxiety attack in my cat just trying to go get done breakfast but now I feel so guilty for missing class :/ I get good grades but I still feel like I don't really know they much. this weekend i've been dealing with extreme anxiety and depression out of no where idk what to do in kind of just trapped in my bed but I have work tomorrow… sending good vibes good luck

• Aww..
Reactions: ctbestie
ctbestie

ctbestie

raine
Oct 23, 2023
I feel this way too. today I am missing school because I had an anxiety attack in my cat just trying to go get done breakfast but now I feel so guilty for missing class :/ I get good grades but I still feel like I don't really know they much. this weekend i've been dealing with extreme anxiety and depression out of no where idk what to do in kind of just trapped in my bed but I have work tomorrow… sending good vibes good luck
i hope u feel better 😔 i can imagine how bad that feels, so i cant tell u to not feel bad about it. however, even though it feels hard to take ur mind off of missing school, i just want to remind u that ur health n well-being is also REALLY important. it isnt ur fault that u got an anxiety attack and that you're feeling really bad. it sounds bad coming from someone who doesn't prioritize their health either, but i still want to attempt to help u feel a little better about it cus i know it hurts going through that. wishing u luck catching up w class 🫶

Reactions: canibesaved