FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Because suicide could never be tragic to me, wanting suicide feels like the only truly rational thing to wish for, it makes sense to me wishing for true peace from this cruel and futile existence, existence just causes harm and leads to suffering, it truly is such a terrible burden having the ability to exist in this hellish world.

Only death can bring peace from what the ultimate cause of all suffering is which is why suicide should always be viewed as the most normal thing, it's not tragic how one cannot suffer anymore as they are finally free, only nothingness is perfection, all that is appealing is an eternal dreamless sleep.

So suicide should be viewed as something understandable rather than a terrible tragedy to get outraged at, because existence was never a desirable state in the first place, there is nothing so great about existing to justify those views, in fact existence could never be a positive thing.

Existence is nothing more than an endless cycle of meaningless suffering, there could never be a point to existing, it just leads to nothing and nowhere, the only relief from the curse that is existence lies in death so all those who wish to cease existing deserve the option to free themselves in peace, the problem lies in existence itself.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Parmelia, InSearchOfLess, myusername890 and 12 others
Dr. Henjin

Dr. Henjin

Sep 23, 2023
The problem is not everyone feels the way you feel about existence (I do so I understand, but) because they're lives are genuinely happy. Neurotypical people do exist without the fucked up chemical imbalances in their brains that make people like us so miserable, and some people are genuinely happy about where they are in life. And they can't even wrap their heads around how a person who wants to ctb feels, even a little. It's like trying to describe color to the blind. They think that no matter what you can achieve the same level of peace they feel while alive when that absolutely can just not be the case. So they get outraged because they can never understand.

Reactions: lwlaiet8887, sserafim, Lookoutbelow and 3 others
N

NambaSutra

Student
Mar 25, 2023
Yeah even on social media posts about someone, say, jumping from a bridge get massive outpourings of "sad", or "care" reactions, or replys about how devastated everyone must be.

Meanwhile I'm just thinking "good for you, no more suffering".

But the average person in society doesn't think that way.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
how would you feel if all of sudden your family members died in a car crash wouldn't you be outraged

Reactions: squirley and Praestat_Mori
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
The problem is not everyone feels the way you feel about existence (I do so I understand, but) because they're lives are genuinely happy. Neurotypical people do exist without the fucked up chemical imbalances in their brains that make people like us so miserable, and some people are genuinely happy about where they are in life. And they can't even wrap their heads around how a person who wants to ctb feels, even a little. It's like trying to describe color to the blind. They think that no matter what you can achieve the same level of peace they feel while alive when that absolutely can just not be the case. So they get outraged because they can never understand.
I'd argue that the happy people in this world are inherently selfish. I could never be happy in this world where so many people are suffering, even if everything was well in my personal life. It's not like they also aren't aware of the suffering, they just don't care.

Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey and Rogue Proxy
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I enjoy a lot about life and that makes what I have to do even harder. I am a bad Buddhist. I haven't been able to stop loving nature and animals and plants and sunsets, ocean, etc. I wish I could just enjoy all that without the bad parts of life. And my thoughts about America too, that seems to be the main thing that pulls me back over and over and over into more lifetimes here.
Desire is half of life. Indifference is half of death. I need to be indifferent to it all.

Reactions: squirley, sserafim and Praestat_Mori
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
You're asking humans to not act like humans.

I'd argue that the happy people in this world are inherently selfish. I could never be happy in this world where so many people are suffering, even if everything was well in my personal life. It's not like they also aren't aware of the suffering, they just don't care.
I understand the sentiment but I don't think there is any kind of moral obligation to martyr your own happiness because other people are suffering. Doing so only adds to total global suffering rather than take away anyways.

Reactions: lwlaiet8887, squirley and Praestat_Mori
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I enjoy a lot about life and that makes what I have to do even harder. I am a bad Buddhist. I haven't been able to stop loving nature and animals and plants and sunsets, ocean, etc. I wish I could just enjoy all that without the bad parts of life. And my thoughts about America too, that seems to be the main thing that pulls me back over and over and over into more lifetimes here.
Desire is half of life. Indifference is half of death. I need to be indifferent to it all.
What are your thoughts about America? Btw how do you know that you've lived multiple lifetimes? I'm interested in past lives and reincarnation, and I want to figure out who I was in my past life

Reactions: squirley
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
You're asking humans to not act like humans.

I understand the sentiment but I don't think there is any kind of moral obligation to martyr your own happiness because other people are suffering. Doing so only adds to total global suffering rather than take away anyways.
It's not about martyring your own happiness. It's like if there was a school shooting in a school where your children go, and then you find out that your children survived but many others didn't, of course you can be relieved and feel some kind of positive emotions, but being "happy"? Being "content"? That's quite selfish.

Basically i'm not saying that everyone should be desperately trying to CTB, but many many people "love existence" which is, imo, selfish.

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
How does anyone even like or begin to love existing in the hellscape we do? People get discriminated, silenced, slaughtered, genocided, and go through so much more. Things get worse and worse by the months all on its own in US, nevertheless the entire world. It's so hard to actually understand how anyone can really be happy.

• Love
Reactions: Parmelia, Rogue Proxy, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
How does anyone even like or begin to love existing in the hellscape we do? People get discriminated, silenced, slaughtered, genocided, and go through so much more. Things get worse and worse by the months all on its own in US, nevertheless the entire world. It's so hard to actually understand how anyone can really be happy.
This! I'm from the US as well and it's literally so fucked up.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Seered Doom
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Outrage I definitely find difficult to cope with. I'm assuming that comes from the- 'suicide is selfish' mantra. That does get to me. That poor person was suffering enough to risk murdering themself. It's unlikely they did it just to hurt people. They probably just got to the point where they couldn't cope with their own pain. If they were expected to deal with that pain and go on as normal- why is it then a different story for the people left behind? Who's pain was more real?

Both are real of course but then- that's the sad truth- pain is a part of life. I don't expect many suicidal people want to inflict pain on others but you can't just live solely to not upset or incovenience other people.

Still- in terms of seeing it as tragic- no- I understand why you wouldn't. Death seems to be the holy grail for you. Fair enough but plenty of people don't feel like that. Even people with ideation. For whatever reason, they may still see some potential to life- so- to them- it's tragic when someone misses out.

Weirdly though- that can happen just as easily with someone who lives a long life, dies of natural causes but doesn't experience what they hoped for. So many of us are held back by fear, finances, ill health- all sorts- from living a full life. That's kind of tragic too really. Still- I know you'll never see it that way and that's fine.

In some ways, it's got to be kind of a relief not to grieve after people. The pain I've felt from losing my loved ones to natural death has eaten me up inside. I'm dreading the next time it happens. Each time, it's like a big part of me dies with them. I think that's also a part of why we find it tragic- it's selfish of course but it's probably because we say goodbye to a part of ourselves too. Honestly, it's got to be quite refreshing to not experience grief. I get the impression you don't?

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Other people could wonder why we want to leave such a beautiful world even with all its imperfections. Matter of perspective. We should all strive to understand where the other side is coming from as far as our capabilities allow but unfortunately we bear the burden of being the minority.

It's not about martyring your own happiness. It's like if there was a school shooting in a school where your children go, and then you find out that your children survived but many others didn't, of course you can be relieved and feel some kind of positive emotions, but being "happy"? Being "content"? That's quite selfish.

Basically i'm not saying that everyone should be desperately trying to CTB, but many many people "love existence" which is, imo, selfish.

I don't think people can be faulted for enjoying themselves even in a world like this. Some people are more able to compartmentalize than others and some people just naturally aren't reflective and sensitive to things of an existential nature. I am not going to blame for not being what they naturally just aren't.

Do you think those people should actively try to be unhappy?

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
This! I'm from the US as well and it's literally so fucked up.
Exactly and whenever I hear anyone say "being in the US is one of the best things" and other similar sentiment, I just want to choke before giving them a mirror and an echo room so they can listen and see how stupid what they're saying is.
Other people could wonder why we want to leave such a beautiful world even with all its imperfections. Matter of perspective. We should all strive to understand where the other side is coming from as far as our capabilities allow but unfortunately we bear the burden of being the minority.
Okay, knowing this is coming from a thoughtful perspective, I like your wording here. You've got a wise outlook on these things.

In addition to that, allow me to continue with thoughts if you don't mind. I know the whole glass half full is mostly better than half empty, though I come at it at a "The glass needs more liquid" or "The liquid in the glass is halfway" type of thing. Though, yeah, I do wish more people were able to look into things closer and more thoughtfully.
Okay, knowing this is coming from a thoughtful perspective, I like your wording here. You've got a wise outlook on these things.

In addition to that, allow me to continue with thoughts if you don't mind. I know the whole glass half full is mostly better than half empty, though I come at it at a "The glass needs more liquid" or "The liquid in the glass is halfway" type of thing. Though, yeah, I do wish more people were able to look into things closer and more thoughtfully.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Exactly and whenever I hear anyone say "being in the US is one of the best things" and other similar sentiment, I just want to choke before giving them a mirror and an echo room so they can listen and see how stupid what they're saying is.
Ikr! I hate how everyone thinks that America is a promised land and utopia where you go to fulfill the American dream. They honestly see America through such rose tinted glasses, they see such an idealized version of it. They think it's the land of opportunity. In reality, it's a capitalist hellscape on the verge of societal collapse. The thing I personally hate the most is capitalism and having to eventually be a wageslave to it. I hate our capitalist society

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Parmelia
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
Do you think those people should actively try to be unhappy?
No. Good for them being happy, i'm just pointing out that it's selfish and it can be disrespectful to the people who are suffering. It's okay to have positive emotions but i just find weird that there are people loving the very same existence where people burn alive, literally and metaphorically.

On the other hand, i do kinda understand your point, i admit defeat.

squirley

squirley

: )
May 6, 2023
FC strikes again !
10/10
I respect it.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
Ikr! I hate how everyone thinks that America is a promised land and utopia where you go to fulfill the American dream. They honestly see America through such rose tinted glasses, they see such an idealized version of it. They think it's the land of opportunity. In reality, it's a capitalist hellscape on the verge of societal collapse. The thing I personally hate the most is capitalism and having to eventually be a wageslave to it. I hate our capitalist society
A dystopian capitalism with Ancapistan as a probable future, the seer sets the prediction. A dismantling is needed if anything is to truly change within the internal customaries of this place. Of course, expecting it to change all at once unanimously, while idealistic, isn't the most realistic outcome. Little by little with more pressures on accepting the natural human condition. That, and if they're not willing to allow for anything humanitarian in the way that'll benefit all, they better do is a favour by allowing voluntary suicide for more people. That's this Seer's personal standards. If one's pressuring the boot to go so far into someone, they came take it anymore, they'll need to get air somehow be it the boot easing off the individual, removing it entirely, or the sweet release of death

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
What are your thoughts about America? Btw how do you know that you've lived multiple lifetimes? I'm interested in past lives and reincarnation, and I want to figure out who I was in my past life
I love my country. I want it to continue on forever, free and welcoming, but it's in danger.
I've had memories of a past life that I've been able to verify, the name of where I lived and my life there.
Reincarnation sucks. Loving my country, and nature, draws me back into life over and over.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I love my country. I want it to continue on forever, free and welcoming, but it's in danger.
I've had memories of a past life that I've been able to verify, the name of where I lived and my life there.
Reincarnation sucks. Loving my country, and nature, draws me back into life over and over.
Hmm interesting. So you're American in every lifetime? I heard people could reincarnate in the same place multiple lifetimes, or also around the whole world. How and why is America in danger?

It's so cool that you have past life memories, and that they were able to be verified. I tried a past life regression but I didn't see anything…

rushia

rushia

Feb 27, 2023
Suicide is the final step of self realization.

lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
I wish you would say something a bit more original/rational, I really don't agree with your non-existence is the best thing ever narrative, there's nothing profound about it. What's more compelling and truthful to most people in the support of rational suicide is how bad and unfufilling life can be for some people. Life is a gamble, your concusiousness is ripped from the void and you're allocated a body, that's all your guaranteed. This body can come with many aliments both mental and physical that can greatly debilitate one's quality of life, the individual human psyche is so unique that the capacity for suffering is endless. Then you have a family, not everyone even gets one of these in both meanings, in your formative years you will be molded by complete strangers who didn't need any "qualifications" to have you, they simply needed to engage in the most base human instinct. These strangers can have your best intentions in mind or they can seek to destroy you (there's so many disgusting cases of this that I think it's evidence that there's no benevolent God), or they're so ignorant that they neglect you. Then you're living, so many things can happen to one once they're living, you can suffer from disease, life changing injuries, traumatic experiences, mental illness, the list of negatives goes on. I think if people were more aware of how much others suffered they'd be more understanding of suicide, the truth that most people don't like here is that many people are happy/content with their lives so they can't empathise with those who suffer. The "non existence is the best thing ever!" angle is childish, the real shame is not everyone can have an fulfilling life and as an autonomous individual who had no say in this life you deserve the right to leave. please come to understand that you're in the minority. Your feelings are valid but understand they don't represent the majority. The rational behind most suicide is unhappiness which can be for a myriad of reasons.

Last edited: