O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
I'd bet a lot of us are like this. My parents have married multiple times, had kids in multiple marriages. It was always about them and their needs and wants and the damage they left behind is something they will never admit fault regarding. I have heard "get over it we did the best we could" etc often. They are wrong, they know they are wrong, and like most egoists they get mad and attack when its pointed out instead of saying "Sorry" at the very least.

Reactions: Kikoo Loool and Baskol1
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I'd bet a lot of us are like this. My parents have married multiple times, had kids in multiple marriages. It was always about them and their needs and wants and the damage they left behind is something they will never admit fault regarding. I have heard "get over it we did the best we could" etc often. They are wrong, they know they are wrong, and like most egoists they get mad and attack when its pointed out instead of saying "Sorry" at the very least.

Multiple marriages are often a sign that someone is a selfish person. Especially if more than 2 or 3 marriages.

enigmática saudade

enigmática saudade

Ô Mort, vieux capitaine, il est temps!
Jun 27, 2019
Exactly! It drives me insane that this is often justified in Asian culture. Parents are god and can't be wrong. And if I dare disagree with this, I'm the unfilial and ungrateful child. I mean, gee, I really should be grateful for all the cuts and bruises my parents gave me for getting a 96 on that math exam. Or threatening to abandon me by the street because I got a 91 on that science exam.
My parents are also abusive but they still told me,"No one in the world really cares about you except for your parents."

Last edited:
Reactions: Baskol1
purplemoon

purplemoon

I Have the Light Inside, Surrounded by Darkness
Sep 22, 2019
Exactly! It drives me insane that this is often justified in Asian culture. Parents are god and can't be wrong. And if I dare disagree with this, I'm the unfilial and ungrateful child. I mean, gee, I really should be grateful for all the cuts and bruises my parents gave me for getting a 96 on that math exam. Or threatening to abandon me by the street because I got a 91 on that science exam.

Please be Proud of yourself for standing up to their abuse, and leaving. You successfully escaped, don't ever let them or anyone ever manipulate you into 'guilt' if they are saying they are 'hurting'... If they were abusive, their 'hurting' is just their own selfish needs not being met, and if that package comes with abuse, then you have every right to say NO More.

I find it bizarre that abusers are typically narcissists who will torture their victims, yet when victims say they just finally can't take anymore abuse, suddenly the abuser claims to be 'suffering' from the absence of their prey. What about all of your suffering?

It's also not your job to help them 'learn'... if they create damage, you have zero obligation to them.

All of the above I had to learn the hard way, especially with my abusive father all of my life.

Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
I'm starting to feel resentment about almost my whole family lately...

• Love
Reactions: purplemoon