dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
A year ago today I had my first antidepressants prescribed and I was delusional enough to think it would work on the first try. And here I am, a year later, laying down on my bed in the psychiatric hospital, currently trying probably like eighth type of medicine that still doesn't work for me the way it's supposed to. It's almost guaranteed I'll be dumped by this hospital and transferred to another facility to the daycare department, which I'm 99% sure will result with me losing my job. I've already lost so much. But "STAY STRONG". "Everything happens for a reason". "You're enough". "You can do this".
I mean, it's not that I'm not grateful for their support. I believe supporting a mentally unstable person is the most difficult thing to do, so I'm not here to judge anyone. But I just would so love them to be able to finally understand that I don't fucking want to "get through this". I don't want it to "not kill me and make me stronger". No! I just fucking want to finally get some rest. I'd die one day anyway so they might just as well let me go now. I want to go :( I want to go so badly :( They told me a year ago it would be alright, and it's still nowhere near alright and it hasn't been for years now. Why would anyone keep hoping? It only gets worse.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: landslide2, kunikuzushi, rozeske and 9 others
J

justkatie

Aug 25, 2024
I find it so patronising and ridiculous when people say "Things WILL get better". It means absolutely nothing. Life isn't a great balancer. Just because things have gone bad doesn't mean things will be good later.

I feel your frustrations

• Hugs
Reactions: landslide2, kunikuzushi, divinemistress36 and 10 others
U

username12345

Aug 18, 2024
Tbh, people saying "stay strong," and "you are brave," and things like that, in my experience, is their way of not being supportive and leaving you to deal with everything alone. That's why there are the tropes of the "strong Black women," and telling trans people they are brave simply for being alive because people think that people with those identities don't need help or support like everyone else. They think it's part of our identities and lives to withstand more hardship and abuses from people and alone.

Instead, people should ask how they can help, but they don't.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: landslide2, lizzywizzy09, Forever Sleep and 3 others
ThatGuyOverThere

ThatGuyOverThere

David Benatar Enjoyer
Apr 25, 2024
when people say things like: "It Will Get Better" Or "You'll get through this", they don't actually mean what it sound like they mean, Most of those statements are taught by adult to us as children. So by time we reach adult hood, we are just parroting what was told to us, as that what we've been raised to say to other in such a circumstances. It also helps in alleviating any feelings of not "helping" others, by allowing the person to superficially feel like they are helping, with out actually meaning any of what the words that comes out of there mouth.

So In short, the way that such statement don't actually make you feel any better, is because the intention isn't to do such anyways.

H

Hotsackage

Paragon
Mar 11, 2019
Apparently we're just sick so, and drug addicts and it's our fault for being this way(sarcasm). But I know it's pretty sad, when you want to do normal things but your mind won't let u, people don't realize this. I'm sorry