• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

mythofsisyphus

mythofsisyphus

Jul 6, 2024
I feel so trapped. I don't even know where to begin with my story.

1 year ago my life was going amazing. I had a house with a partner, a little dog, my dream job that I've worked my whole life for.

But slowly, everything has crumbled. My partner turned cold and we broke up, I found out he slept with a friend the day after which he outrightly denied until I found evidence. He then disappeared. I believed I loved him truly, but this shattered my perception of myself, him and the world. I realised he was likely a covert narcissist and could see the emotional abuse I'd experienced throughout the relationship but that I was blind to, because I felt loved and accepted.

But okay, I pulled myself up as best as I could. I got my own place, for the first time in my life I was realising I could be happy single. I could work on my career, earn a decent salary, build a good life for myself.

But then I stopped taking antidepressants. All was going okay until what I believed was protracted withdrawal hit in January. I can't quite put into the words the mental suffering this involved... akathisia, constant unrelenting dread and terror, extreme obsessive and borderline delusional thinking, feeling like my entire body was vibrating. I had to stop working.

But okay, I found advice online and decided to reinstate the antidepressant to manage the withdrawals. Maybe things would be okay, I could get back on track and go to work. But then all hell broke loose, my skin went numb, I experienced extreme brain fog and depersonalisation/derealisation, non-stop head pressure and widespread muscle pain and muscle wastage. My skin went dry and loose. I experienced complete sexual dysfunction - erectile dysfunction, numb and shrunken genitals.

I had no idea what was happening. Until I found out I was previously taking a supplement that can cause post finasteride syndrome, which my symptoms matched exactly. I then found out antidepressants can make this syndrome worse.

So I tried stopping the antidepressants, and the unimaginable terror, akathisia etc. returned.

So I had to reinstate.

I now experience severe anhedonia and emotional blunting. I truly can't feel anything. My physical issues appear to be worsening related to the PFS.

I'm trapped in a position in which taking the antidepressants might make the post finasteride syndrome worse, but stopping them will bring back the protracted withdrawals.

Both of these conditions can be permanent in many cases, and doctors are clueless with both - anything they suggest would most likely make things significantly more worse.

I'm now living at home with my family which I never imagined myself doing ever again. I'm still off work. I don't see how I can ever return to my line of work with the cognitive dysfunction and anhedonia.

The grief of where my life was a year ago to where it is now is unimaginable. I could never have seen myself being in this place in a million years. I've experienced devastating narcissistic abuse, protracted SSRI withdrawal and post finasteride syndrome in the space of 12 months. It's too much to bare.

I feel so, so trapped. Underneath all the suffering, I love life. I found such beauty and meaning in it, such purpose and joy. But I can't experience any of it anymore. I want the suffering to stop, I want my old life back... but I can't. There's time where I accept this, and feel I need to end things. But then I realise although this will make the suffering stop, this will also make any hope of ever experiencing the good things stop as well.

I'm sorry this is a mess, I feel so trapped. I don't want to die, but I don't know how to live like this.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: goodjunkies, Ash, Not a Cylon and 3 others
ItsyBitsyWeetard

ItsyBitsyWeetard

Jun 1, 2024
im in the exact same boat as u. My life is pretty much unfixable but i have so many fears surrounding death everyday feels like a battle man its tough

Reactions: Daryl72
waterworks

waterworks

in the luminous darkness
Jan 31, 2024
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you haven't actually been to doctor about this. I'm not discrediting your research, but seeing a psychiatrist about this (if affordable for you) will help you look at other options. I'm also on antidepressants and withdrawal is known to cause that, I've been through it a few times. A psychiatrist can often prescribe you a "detox" medication, something to alleviate the side effects while your body becomes accustomed to living without the antidepressant. Quitting cold turkey ALMOST NEVER works and it can leave you in physical and psychological disarray.

I'm sorry you're going through this. If you don't want to die and really want to get your life back together, please start by seeing a psychiatrist and getting a professional opinion tailored to you specifically. I think you can make it out of this, it's possible to get your life back and you're not a lost cause with this. Wishing you the best.

Reactions: Ash, TiredofLife-Thanks and divinemistress36
mythofsisyphus

mythofsisyphus

Jul 6, 2024
im in the exact same boat as u. My life is pretty much unfixable but i have so many fears surrounding death everyday feels like a battle man its tough
Sorry to hear that man. Definitely not living the dream. In some ways I wish I could say I absolutely hate the world and life etc... it feels like it would make things easier in terms of next steps. It's the constant back and forth between wanting what I had back, having a sliver of deluded hope this could happen and the harsh reality of what my life currently is. Hard to really move forward in any sense when you're frozen in this place.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you haven't actually been to doctor about this. I'm not discrediting your research, but seeing a psychiatrist about this (if affordable for you) will help you look at other options. I'm also on antidepressants and withdrawal is known to cause that, I've been through it a few times. A psychiatrist can often prescribe you a "detox" medication, something to alleviate the side effects while your body becomes accustomed to living without the antidepressant. Quitting cold turkey ALMOST NEVER works and it can leave you in physical and psychological disarray.

I'm sorry you're going through this. If you don't want to die and really want to get your life back together, please start by seeing a psychiatrist and getting a professional opinion tailored to you specifically. I think you can make it out of this, it's possible to get your life back and you're not a lost cause with this. Wishing you the best.
Thanks so much for your reply. I've spoken to my doctor and they kinda followed my lead in terms of remaining on the reinstatement and really slowly tapering, which does seem to have helped the withdrawal side of things. If it was just with the withdrawals in isolation I'd feel okay, but it's the fact I'm also experiencing what I believe to PFS that is unfortunately likely permanent with no treatment that I'm really battling with, it's essentially destroyed my mind and body. But I really appreciate your message.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ash, waterworks and ItsyBitsyWeetard
ItsyBitsyWeetard

ItsyBitsyWeetard

Jun 1, 2024
Sorry to hear that man. Definitely not living the dream. In some ways I wish I could say I absolutely hate the world and life etc... it feels like it would make things easier in terms of next steps. It's the constant back and forth between wanting what I had back, having a sliver of deluded hope this could happen and the harsh reality of what my life currently is. Hard to really move forward in any sense when you're frozen in this place.

Thanks so much for your reply. I've spoken to my doctor and they kinda followed my lead in terms of remaining on the reinstatement and really slowly tapering, which does seem to have helped the withdrawal side of things. If it was just with the withdrawals in isolation I'd feel okay, but it's the fact I'm also experiencing what I believe to PFS that is unfortunately likely permanent with no treatment that I'm really battling with, it's essentially destroyed my mind and body. But I really appreciate your message.
i get where ur coming from man i also have an incurable condition, incurable symptoms rather its tough man

N

Not a Cylon

Blah
Jun 27, 2024
I am so, so sorry you've experienced such a shift in your life and I commend you for all your efforts. I know how brutal memories can be of "how things were" and I'm dealing with my own sexual dysfunction which… is immensely depressing and frustrating.

I'm glad your family seems supportive and that you're engaging with your doctors through this protracted process. You're doing all the right things, I know it can feel bleak and I wish I could fix things for you, thank you for being brave enough to share what you're experiencing.