G

ghostpersonthing

Feb 14, 2023
I feel like I'm just kind of floating around in nothing right now and doing nothing, even thinking about the people that usually set off intense emotions doesn't make me feel much. I'm really just doing nothing and I don't think any attempts at changing this has worked at all

• Hugs
Reactions: Shivali and BBBB
MoonlitNight

MoonlitNight

bad at putting emotions into words
Feb 14, 2023
Apathy. I know how that feels. do you have anything that may set off an emotion? (hopefully, positive) anything that you can think back or any person be it real life or a youtuber to make you feel happy?

I suggest you give yourself some time to think about when and how you started feeling like this. Otherwise it's going to be really hard to push yourself to move in the future..

what beats apathy is determination and will. If you're not ready now, thats okay.
Best of luck and hope you find harmony with yourself.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that it's true that many people don't live, instead they just exist.

AllMyDreams

AllMyDreams

Experienced
Dec 12, 2021
I feel like I'm just kind of floating around in nothing right now and doing nothing, even thinking about the people that usually set off intense emotions doesn't make me feel much. I'm really just doing nothing and I don't think any attempts at changing this has worked at all
That's where I am, I am just sitting at home on the computer all day, and basically telling myself that nothing matters enough for me to change. The only time I feel good, like things matter, or like things are possible, is when I go outside for a walk. But that quickly goes away.

In my experience just thinking about things, even if they are amazing possibilities like accomplishing all your life goals, just breeds apathy. Because you think about those things without acting and then just tell yourself "why bother", and go back to your comfortable, lazy life.

It's not sustainable though. Eventually you start to feel a lot of resentment. Which is why you have to do something. Preferably with other people. Because think about this: you might think that nothing you do matters, but there are many people out there who do think that their life matters, and who still do feel stakes. So think about what you're good at and what ways you could help those people live better lives. Then, the meaning of life will come for you, too. That's what I'm trying to do with volunteering, and reevaluating career choices.