flapjax

flapjax

Seeking peace
May 13, 2023
I work in food and largely customer service, which used to be a skill of mine. It's really not all that hard if you just give people what they want they think you're great. I've been able to put on that fake smile day after day for years, but recently I can't even manage. I didn't notice at first but my boss pointed it out. The last couple weeks the fake smile with the fake happiness isn't even there anymore, I even look like I'm done with it all.
If I can't even pretend to strangers for 5 minutes of a day that I'm happy how am I supposed to manage? I have a method already it just doesn't feel right to catch that damned bus yet. It feels even worse continuing on. I was thinking of changing jobs, maybe trying to see if that makes however much time I end up staying better. It probably would just leave me broke and even worse, but we'll see I guess.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, The anhedonic one, Daxter_87 and 1 other person
InTheDarkAlone

InTheDarkAlone

May 29, 2023
That's about exactly how I feel. Just no end.

• Hugs
Reactions: flapjax and The anhedonic one
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That certainly sounds so tiring what you are going through and I get that it's awful feeling trapped in an existence you hate but anyway I wish you the best.

Reactions: flapjax, InTheDarkAlone and The anhedonic one