Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
This is amusing. What info do you gather from me?

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Err have you seen my avatar?

I thought it was a button for a new kind of remote control designed for isolated people, simultaneously hits "play" and opens a portal like a Ouija board to invite spirits to come watch videos with you so you have someone to laugh with when binge-watching The Office. Now I just feel dumb.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 1465
P

palatinus

Mar 7, 2020
OP, you're paying attention to detail. The sixth sense is just the other 5 senses giving you an analysis, without you being aware it's happening.

Reactions: a.n.kirillov, Mr2005, Ame and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
OP, you're paying attention to detail. The sixth sense is just the other 5 senses giving you an analysis, without you being aware it's happening.
I've never seen it expressed like that before. Cool!

Reactions: a.n.kirillov and Mr2005
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
This is amusing. What info do you gather from me?

Your avatar is awesome. He/she is quite androgynous but he/she has a sort of dreamy expression around the eyes, reminding me of Wordsworth or Keats. Also "lorn" is somewhat poetic, so I am guessing you a romantic.

Am I close? Or not even in the same zip code?

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Your avatar is awesome. He/she is quite androgynous but he/she has a sort of dreamy expression around the eyes, reminding me of Wordsworth or Keats. Also "lorn" is somewhat poetic, so I am guessing you a romantic.

Am I close? Or not even in the same zip code?
Tells more about you than Lorntroubles. :wink:

Which I believe is more on the calculated/anhedonic/empty side of the spectrum ; though that does not contradict 'romantic' etc ; and it is a dumb speculation from me .

What people show is not what they really are . First impressions are deceiving . You need to get intimate and actively look for all patterns without bias or complacency . Knowing what a friend might say is not the same . There are common ways people react (defensive , compassionate , cynical , self abrobed , etc) but that's pretty much it . We rarely truly understand people's motives or how they're going to act . Holmes is an idiot . Fiction is not real life .

Reactions: Epsilon0
P

palatinus

Mar 7, 2020
Corollary to @Quarky00 : it's not that Sherlock Holmes was stupid, but that he is deeply unhappy.

mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
Yes, but can you read books like people?

• Hugs
Reactions: Quarky00 and Epsilon0
Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
@Epsilon0 poetic, yes. I do get asked what is a lorn often, heh.

@Mr2005 that's true though it's obvious from my question.

Reactions: Mr2005 and Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Corollary to @Quarky00 : it's not that Sherlock Holmes was stupid, but that he is deeply unhappy.

I would not say he is unhappy. He has a brain the size of a planet and he is "happy" when his mind is at work. Idleness makes him dull and unhappy.

Isn't that the case with most people, though? We might not get kicks out of solving mysteries like him, but being idle leads hardly ever to satisfaction. Unless you are stoned, then it's ok.
Tells more about you than Lorntroubles. :wink:

Which I believe is more on the calculated/anhedonic/empty side of the spectrum ; though that does not contradict 'romantic' etc ; and it is a dumb speculation from me .

What people show is not what they really are . First impressions are deceiving . You need to get intimate and actively look for all patterns without bias or complacency . Knowing what a friend might say is not the same . There are common ways people react (defensive , compassionate , cynical , self abrobed , etc) but that's pretty much it . We rarely truly understand people's motives or how they're going to act . Holmes is an idiot . Fiction is not real life .

Spoken like a true Quark!

a quark = an intelligent person according to The Epsilon Dictionary of the English language 3rd edition

I agree with you. We see in others what we know. We interpret things through the prism of our collected experiences and knowledge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quarky00
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Sherlock Holmes was neither stupid nor unhappy . It is fiction . Holmes only reads the clues that are in the script . We are impressed by the illusion the writer wove . Most detective characters are depressed , lonely , drink , etc ; obsessed by their job until it consumes them . Yeah , I am fun at parties .

I'm not sure we are reflecting so much , but when we describe a personal impression or intuition . Like the ultimate Rorschach (ironic as Rorschach is a hoax). Waiting for The Epsilon Dictionary of Cuneiform! ;)

There are six flavors of quarks: up, down, strange, charm, bottom, and top.
:haha:

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Edit: Holmes did drugs (unclear which type)
Your avatar could be a Rorschach test.
"Quark" is "hello" in Irish according to Joyce.

Which one of these statements is false?

Last edited:
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
@Quarky00

Can you inject opium? Coz I think he was injecting whatever he was using.
Someone nudge Quarky, I think his needle is stuck :blarg: :hihi: :smiling:

People born in 2000 would not get this...

Last edited:
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
"For me," said Sherlock Holmes, "there still remains the cocaine-bottle." And he stretched his long white hand up for it.

Ok, then, that settles it. Can't argue with a quote.

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Ok, then, that settles it. Can't argue with a quote.
"For me," said Sherlock Holmes, "there still remains the opium-bottle." And he stretched his long white hand up for it.

:blarg: