• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Dear all,

Although technically off-topic, I am posting this in the Suicide Discussion thread because this seems to be where people are understandably missing the convenience of the search feature the most.

While the search feature is down (as it seems to be currently), you can still search the forums using an external search engine such as Google (for simplicity) or DuckDuckGo (for privacy).

Just search for:

site:sanctionedsuicide.com [your search term]
  • Note: The [square brackets] are used as containers around the syntax in my instructions, and are not included in the actual search terms.
For example:​
site:sanctionedsuicide.com test

So that example on DuckDuckGo would look like this:

Duckduckgo ss search

Note you can also drop down the box saying 'Any time' and choose a different time period for posts.

Duckduckgo ss search date dropdown

Also, always ensure the option 'Safe Search' (or Google equivalent) is turned off, to prevent any censoring of forum content that may be automatically flagged as adult due to the subject matter. Note that if you are using a privacy browser like Tor, search engine settings may not be saved between uses (by design), and you may need to manually turn this option off each time you run a search.

iu
Please note that search engines do not index the forum instantly, so an external search like this will rarely find the absolute latest posts or responses. Nor does it have a lot of the advanced features that the built-in search does. But for a rough way to at least find existing threads, it is certainly better than nothing.

More advanced users may wish to also add in additional search operators. These might include (for DuckDuckGo):

site:sanctionedsuicide.com "[an exact phrase]"
eg: "night night method"​
Threads with the exact phrase "night night method"​
site:sanctionedsuicide.com +[desired search term] -[undesired search term]
eg: +suspension +partial -full​
Threads about suspension and partial but not full.​
site:sanctionedsuicide.com +intitle:[your search term]
eg: intitle:partners​
Threads with partners in the title.​
  • Note: Because the forum shows the thread title as the title of each separate web page, this essentially gives you a thread title search.
You can also combine search operators:
site:sanctionedsuicide.com +intitle:[desired title] -intitle:[undesired title]
eg: +intitle:partners -intitle:megathread​
Threads with partners in the title but not with megathread in the title.​
Hope this helps some people. Mods might even want to sticky this post, either permanently or whenever the search goes down.

–Autumnal

• Love
Reactions: SuicideAwaits, moths, ScienceIsScary and 27 others
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Bump as site search went down

Reactions: autumnal and Vault of Memories
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
Bump, as while technically not down, it's ineffective

C

carlee

Jan 31, 2021
My search button has been gone for 2 days. Anyone else?

minn

minn

Jan 31, 2021
It's frustrating. My SN arrives tomorrow and I want to keep reading everything I can on it. Hard with no search button.
The above method works as long as you replace the old domain with "site:sanctioned-suicide.net".

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97