W

Well-hung

Dec 12, 2019
How 10mm is thin? It's more than enough, 10mm is really thick in my opinion, at least when it comes to rope.
I've got a 10mm silk coated rope that can supposedly hold up to 800kg(or so I'm told), without knots of course, but still, I'd assume 10mm nylon rope would hold some weight, but one should test it to best of their abilities of course.

I first tried with a 5mm antenna cord because that was the only thing that I had and honestly it performed okay(partial hanging), or at least it seemed, but when I put my whole weight on it a few times, it snapped, so I got a 10mm rope, and it holds me just fine.
But I could be wrong, I'm new to hanging as the method that I had chosen before was different and all of my research is on that, HOWEVER, so far everything points out to the fact that a 10mm rope is sufficient enough.

Also when you're buying a rope there should be some sort of specifications as to how much it can hold and whatnot, but I'd assume everyone would use what they have at their disposal, same as I did, therefore testing is essential and necessary.

I'd say no, with the tests that I've done, you should get a fainting feeling, I got really close, but I didn't wanna do it, it was just for a test.
As far as I know, the whole point is to cut the blood circulation, not your respiratory system, because when the breathing is shut before you faint, you automatically panic and back out.
Damn, back to the drawing board then. I really wish it was easier to look up stuff about the choking game or autoerotic groups. The latter seem to know the secret. It's so weird that there's a 'sweet spot' when it shouldn't matter more than how high or low you place the noose, since the top has to cross over the carotids anyway

Reactions: CW36 and DaysOfTomorrow
grace.michaels.2

grace.michaels.2

get busy living or get busy dying
Jul 20, 2023
I haven't had much time or privacy to practice, but I'm basing my odds on partial, albeit tricky. I went through this entire mega thread and links, kinda sad I didn't find more footage of successful attempts. If anybody has more and would like to share via pm, I'd be uber grateful.

I'm also torn between being sure I want to go through with it and SI kicking in at times like 'wtf is this abomination of a thought?!'. I'm sure I'm not the only one. How do you get back composure? What are some calming mantras for the panic episodes?

Reactions: CW36
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
I haven't had much time or privacy to practice, but I'm basing my odds on partial, albeit tricky. I went through this entire mega thread and links, kinda sad I didn't find more footage of successful attempts. If anybody has more and would like to share via pm, I'd be uber grateful.

I'm also torn between being sure I want to go through with it and SI kicking in at times like 'wtf is this abomination of a thought?!'. I'm sure I'm not the only one. How do you get back composure? What are some calming mantras for the panic episodes?
Complete suspension is the only way to be certain. I know where to find more full suspension videos, if anyone wants more assurance. PM me.

Reactions: Amyend88, grace.michaels.2 and murmur
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
Complete suspension is the only way to be certain. I know where to find more full suspension videos, if anyone wants more assurance. PM me.
tried to pm but in wont let me i to find more full suspension videos,

grace.michaels.2

grace.michaels.2

get busy living or get busy dying
Jul 20, 2023
Thank you! I know full has a higher success rate, but there are some aspects preventing me to go with it:
1. I want to go in my home. Can't bear the thought of going outside, the panic would be overwhelming.
2. I'm fairly tall, and don't have a high enough suspension point. Starting to drill for large screws that support hundreds of pounds would surely raise suspicions as I don't live alone.
3. My best friend from middle school went by full. Somehow I can still feel the shock and associate it with full.

Partial seems way more peaceful and somewhat contained. I want to do as much research as possible.
Like @wanttodie , I can't either. I think it's because I'm a new member still?

Last edited:
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Thank you! I know full has a higher success rate, but there are some aspects preventing me to go with it:
1. I want to go in my home. Can't bear the thought of going outside, the panic would be overwhelming.
2. I'm fairly tall, and don't have a high enough suspension point. Starting to drill for large screws that support hundreds of pounds would surely raise suspicions as I don't live alone.
3. My best friend from middle school went by full. Somehow I can still feel the shock and associate it with full.

Partial seems way more peaceful and somewhat contained. I want to do as much research as possible.

Good evening Grace. Those are all valid points. I'm under 6ft and I have a skylight / screw, so I have extra height built in, otherwise I wouldn't be able to attempt or indeed accomplish it inside either. And obviously tress and nature is cool, but yes, you'll lose your security and you'll give up the home comforts of course. The third point is totally personal and I get that. Partial is less intimidating and can be more peaceful, that's what attracts people to it, but as you say, do your research thoroughly, and you'll need a fair bit of practice to overcome your SI (survival instinct), as you can back out of partial.

With regards to PM's. I can't message you either atm. Once you make twenty posts you'll be able to message me and search the forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edpal247 and Amyend88
S

shootemallagain

Experienced
Aug 8, 2022
yes im want but im cant dm you

no way full haning max 30sec easy buy rope kick the chair away and than you are out in 30sec max

D

DaysOfTomorrow

Aug 16, 2023
Geo Stone suggests keeping the knot in the front as opposed the the back of your face, which I just tried, and I fainted way more quickly than I had ever did with the knot in the front, but I'm afraid to use this because there is no asphyxiation, IDK, I guess we'll see.

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Geo Stone suggests keeping the knot in the front as opposed the the back of your face, which I just tried, and I fainted way more quickly than I had ever did with the knot in the front, but I'm afraid to use this because there is no asphyxiation, IDK, I guess we'll see.
I've tried tieing the knot at the front too. The likely cause is pinching the carotid sinus. Of course the trachea is spared more, especially with complete, but as you say, cutting the carrotids (inducing asphyxiation itself), feels less likely. Your heart instead of your head, will be the killer in this scenario.

''Carotid sinus hypersensitivity is an exaggerated response to pressure applied to the carotid sinus located in the carotid bifurcation, resulting in bradycardia, vasodilation, and hypotension. This response is manifested clinically as syncope or presyncope and can cause fatal consequences.''

''For example, in cases of hanging, a carotid sinus reflex with decrease in heart rate and blood pressure and rapid loss of consciousness may occur.''

As I'm sure you've seen, only around 2% of hangings have the knot as the front, despite the potential benefits.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amyend88 and DaysOfTomorrow
D

DaysOfTomorrow

Aug 16, 2023
Thank you very much.
Last night I was ready to go, and did my best to achieve it, but unfortunately it didn't work, put a lot of pressure but to no avail, it felt like my eyes were popping out, and now I have a sore throat.
I'll give it another shot, and if it doesn't work, which it probably won't, I'll try the full, looks like that's the way to go.

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Thank you very much.
Last night I was ready to go, and did my best to achieve it, but unfortunately it didn't work, put a lot of pressure but to no avail, it felt like my eyes were popping out, and now I have a sore throat.
I'll give it another shot, and if it doesn't work, which it probably won't, I'll try the full, looks like that's the way to go.
No worries. Sounds like you got the jugulars, but not the carotids. That's one the problem's with partial, the margins of error are minimal. I'll be going with full too soon enough. I prefer to die like a man, with courage and confidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amyend88, jusbug and DaysOfTomorrow
M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
Has anyone found a chair that can be easily transported in a backpack and that you can step off from or that folds under yourself.

Already Gone6

Already Gone6

Jul 31, 2023
No worries. Sounds like you got the jugulars, but not the carotids. That's one the problem's with partial, the margins of error are minimal. I'll be going with full too soon enough. I prefer to die like a man, with courage and confidence.
Hey CW, tried to PM you but can't view your profile. Can you PM me? Just want to get your opinion on a rope. Thanks.

Q

Quinton Coldwater

Aug 22, 2023
It's possible yes. Robin Williams went that way.
Okay I'll try it Tommorow hope it works ,too bad there isn't any horizontal bars in my home ,would a door handle work?it's not a door knob

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Okay I'll try it Tommorow hope it works ,too bad there isn't any horizontal bars in my home ,would a door handle work?it's not a door knob
It depends how it's setup. If you're sending the belt over the other side of the door from the handle, then it would be better. If you're hanging from the same side as the knob, then it's less than ideal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amyend88 and DaysOfTomorrow
Q

Quinton Coldwater

Aug 22, 2023
Hey for all those wondering I recently found YouTube videos which demonstrate how partial hanging works basically it's called vascular neck restraint and it basically puts pressure on someone's carotid arteries and induces unconsciousness shortly followed by convulsions here is the link to the videos

The elbow is in the middle where the windpipe is located and pressure is applied to the bilateral sides of the neck containing the carotid arteries and the pressure is applied by the bicep and forearm to each side

Hope this helps some ppl who needed visual representations of the method

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230824-195829.png
    Screenshot_20230824-195829.png
    542.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Informative
Reactions: corazon and CW36
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Hey for all those wondering I recently found YouTube videos which demonstrate how partial hanging works basically it's called vascular neck restraint and it basically puts pressure on someone's carotid arteries and induces unconsciousness shortly followed by convulsions here is the link to the videos

The elbow is in the middle where the windpipe is located and pressure is applied to the bilateral sides of the neck containing the carotid arteries and the pressure is applied by the bicep and forearm to each side

Hope this helps some ppl who needed visual representations of the method

Thanks, good videos. Just these guys in the background laughing....... needs a big lack of emotions to make fun of the desoriented person and even slap him in the face :I

K

Kris7825

Jul 7, 2021
I took this screenshot of the type of rope used in a movie about Albert Pierrepoint. It was used to do long drop hangings

Do you think the anchor rope in the other picture would work in a similar way to the rope from the movie if you pass one end through the loop (not sure what it is called) at the end and tie it to an anchor point? Would it be more efficient or less efficient than a slip knot? I'm worried a slip knot might come loose

Also the rope on the right is made of polypropylene. Does anyone know if that is a good material?

It would be used for full suspension

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230617-143544.png
    Screenshot_20230617-143544.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 71PMs1K93WL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71PMs1K93WL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
I took this screenshot of the type of rope used in a movie about Albert Pierrepoint. It was used to do long drop hangings

Do you think the anchor rope in the other picture would work in a similar way to the rope from the movie if you pass one end through the loop (not sure what it is called) at the end and tie it to an anchor point? Would it be more efficient or less efficient than a slip knot? I'm worried a slip knot might come loose

Also the rope on the right is made of polypropylene. Does anyone know if that is a good material?

It would be used for full suspension
The one in the movie and real life would've been real thick (24mm or so). You need a thick rope to absorb the impact force of a long drop. The other rope, although decent, would not be recommended for that task.

The end of the loop is referred to as an 'eye'. But unless you buy a very thick rope and have worked out all the calculations (long drop tables) and find the perfect place to do so, I wouldn't advise this method. It's much more involved than a regular hanging and you should ideally drop straight down (through trap doors).

A slip knot or noose knot is advised over a hangman's noose. The latter doesn't tighten as well and as quick, which is what you desperately need in order to minimise the pain and suffering. Obviously hangman's is more secure, but if you tie a slip or noose correctly, then there should be no problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amyend88
K

Kris7825

Jul 7, 2021
The one in the movie and real life would've been real thick (24mm or so). You need a thick rope to absorb the impact force of a long drop. The other rope, although decent, would not be recommended for that task.

The end of the loop is referred to as an 'eye'. But unless you buy a very thick rope and have worked out all the calculations (long drop tables) and find the perfect place to do so, I wouldn't advise this method. It's much more involved than a regular hanging and you should ideally drop straight down (through trap doors).

A slip knot or noose knot is advised over a hangman's noose. The latter doesn't tighten as well and as quick, which is what you desperately need in order to minimise the pain and suffering. Obviously hangman's is more secure, but if you tie a slip or noose correctly, then there should be no problem.
Thanks for the reply.

I wouldn't be doing a long drop that breaks the neck like in the movie. I would be doing full suspension. I would put the rope around my neck and step off of a chair. I think this type of rope is recommended for that.

I just need the rope to tighten, not break the neck and wonder if it would tighten effectively like a slip knot

D

DaysOfTomorrow

Aug 16, 2023
Thanks for the reply.

I wouldn't be doing a long drop that breaks the neck like in the movie. I would be doing full suspension. I would put the rope around my neck and step off of a chair. I think this type of rope is recommended for that.

I just need the rope to tighten, not break the neck and wonder if it would tighten effectively like a slip knot
Why not use a slipknot? The advantage of a slipknot, in my opinion, is that it keeps tightening and has 'bite' that won't let go, but this loop doesn't have that feature.
There is also a full suspension megathread that you can check out, not a whole lot in it as it's new, but there are some informative posts in there.
Also I don't know why CW36 deleted their profile, they were really helpful, hope they have found peace.

Last edited:
K

Kris7825

Jul 7, 2021
Why not use a slipknot? The advantage of a slipknot, in my opinion, is that it keeps tightening and has 'bite' that won't let go, but this loop doesn't have that feature.
There is also a full suspension megathread that you can check out, not a whole lot in it as it's new, but there are some informative posts in there.
Also I don't know why CW36 deleted their profile, they were really helpful, hope they have found peace.
I just thought if a professional hangman is using the 'loop' then maybe it's worth checking out

I will check out the full suspension megathread thanks

cats333

cats333

sleepy
Aug 10, 2023
does SI kick in with this method? would i be able to complete it if it does?

E

EndoftheTunnel3339

Jul 21, 2023
10mm nylon rope.
7FEE663F D9AA 48CB B847 3F9D40C29477
This is pretty close to 10mm. Do y'all think this would be too long for ctb? Seems that way, I probably don't need 25ft of rope to say the least, but could I at least cut it into portions or should I just buy shorter ones?